Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is next for Oscar De La Hoya ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Oscar De La Hoya ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tins06
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    I dont know anyone for DLH but if was Hatton DLH would kill him.Just way to big and strong.
    Mate it depends what the weights at for DLH to kill Hatton, he certainly would'nt at 147 and Hatton would'nt go to 150 or above.
    I dunno i think DLH kills hatton at any weight TBH i cant see Hatton bullying DLH at all....I think hatton trys to jump in as he does and DLH make's him know whos boss straight off....DLH is naturally a better boxer than Hatton....AND DLH will have the edge in power whatever weight....It's all in DLH favour.
    DLH is a part time fighter and Hatton is in his prime right now coming off a sensational 4th round knockout of Castillo. Mayweather beat DLH and his punches had no effect on Floyd. At Welter Hatton would win. Especially if it's next May as DLH would of been out of the ring for ANOTHER whole year. DLH has had 4 fights since the start of 2004, 3 years back, and lost 3 of them and on another night could have lost 4. Hatton has had 9 from the start of 2004 and another just after next month. If he does fight Hatton in 08 it will be Oscar's 3rd fight in 3 years so he really is a part-time fighter and IMO cannot beat Hatton due to this, Hatton is the more fitter and younger of the two in the ring and right now Oscar's power is decreasing all the time due to him ageing and has not a great deal left to offer compared with today's fighters like Cotto Williams,Hatton etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is hoping he decides to venture into the 160LB division to fight Pavlik

Oscar has continued to milk his once credible name and is in severe need of a beat down. No offense DLH fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know anyone for DLH but if was Hatton DLH would kill him.Just way to big and strong.
    Mate it depends what the weights at for DLH to kill Hatton, he certainly would'nt at 147 and Hatton would'nt go to 150 or above.
    I dunno i think DLH kills hatton at any weight TBH i cant see Hatton bullying DLH at all....I think hatton trys to jump in as he does and DLH make's him know whos boss straight off....DLH is naturally a better boxer than Hatton....AND DLH will have the edge in power whatever weight....It's all in DLH favour.
    DLH is a part time fighter and Hatton is in his prime right now coming off a sensational 4th round knockout of Castillo. Mayweather beat DLH and his punches had no effect on Floyd. At Welter Hatton would win. Especially if it's next May as DLH would of been out of the ring for ANOTHER whole year. DLH has had 4 fights since the start of 2004, 3 years back, and lost 3 of them and on another night could have lost 4. Hatton has had 9 from the start of 2004 and another just after next month. If he does fight Hatton in 08 it will be Oscar's 3rd fight in 3 years so he really is a part-time fighter and IMO cannot beat Hatton due to this, Hatton is the more fitter and younger of the two in the ring and right now Oscar's power is decreasing all the time due to him ageing and has not a great deal left to offer compared with today's fighters like Cotto Williams,Hatton etc.
    Yeh some good points but DLH couldnt hurt mayweather cos he couldn't hit him clean...Hatton maybe fitter and younger. ...but you take a clean one from DLH....your gonna feel it. and the way hatton is going to be fighting he is gonna be taking some big ones. DLH wernt what he was but i think he is still more than a match for hatton.

The way i see this fight Hatton wants to maul he is gonna get into a slugfest and i think he would get KO.

On the other hand he trys to box DLH and DLH wernt to bad with the jab in the Mayweather fight. he wins it Boxing aswell....

Depends on how much age takes it's toll by then though like you say...but if DLH dosnt feel up to it i dont think he takes it.

"It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just cant see ODLH winning anymore high-profile fights. He gave his best effort against Mayweather and i cant see him getting him again. Winky wright at 154 is unlikely i think? But maybe at middleweight? it would be a good one, but i dont no if it will happen. Its hard to think who will get in with him. Hatton-ODLH at 147 would be good, but is unlikely! i dont no propa im confused about it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see a Hatton-DLH fight ever happening.

I would much rather see Cotto-Floyd than Cotto-DLH (that's assuming both Cotto and Floyd win their upcoming fights, of course)

I always felt that the Trinidad remtach is the fight Oscar wanted most (even more than the Floyd fight), but at this point I don't think Tito can get far enough down in weight. Also, I think Tito gets knocked out by Jones in January.

Not sure where Oscar goes from here. He might end up fighting a lesser guy, similar to the Mayorga fight.

In a perfect world, Oscar would fight Ike Quartey, finally giving Quartey the rematch that he has always deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i am wondering if winky can get back to 154 because that would be interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol Oscar would role Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's been a tuff year for us Oscar fans...to be honest...it's been a tuff past 5 years for us Oscar fans...& honestly...I wonder if he can make it back down to the weight that he's wanting to campaign at.

In truth...I would love to see Oscar get a great win prior to the end of his career...but if he doesn't...he's done enough, given enough for me. Oddly enough, I really can't think of anyone that has done as much for boxing & has also been in as many great fights as Oscar has.

Cheers to Oscar.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win,lose or draw,Oscar will fight Hatton. Here's why:

Puerto Rican's fighters are a no-no because his wife,who is fromPR,does not wnat him fighting them(ie does not want him to get his ribs broken by Cotto and Cintron)

Margarito and Williams are too big,too awkward and would expose his poor stamina.

Mayweather Mosley-been there done that plus he said he wants his last fight to be a toe to toe war(I've posted this hundreds of times)

and that leaves a guy that is smaller and will go toe to toe:Hatton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Tito beats Roy, Oscar will try to get him in the ring. I would say Winky, but I have a feeling Oscar will stay away from him. Cotto might get a shot, because 1, that would mean he beat Mosely, and 2, because a mega-fight between Floyd and Cotto (as long as they both win) will be huge, and Oscar won't let that happen. He wants the money and the power. However, If Hatton beats Floyd, you can bet your ass, and house, and everything else that Oscar WILL fight Hatton, regarless of weight or details, and Hatton WON'T decline.

I just hope he doesn't rematch the winner of Mayorga-Vargas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes probably going to wait and see who wins Mayweather-Hatton and Mosley-Cotto and decide based on their performances. As of now Hatton is the logical choice. If he beats Mayweather, oscar would love to beat the guy who beat Mayweather. Winky could be another option at 160 but I dont think Oscar wants to fight above 154 for any amount of money. Winky is coming down from 170 which could be an advantage for Oscar and he looked pretty bad physically imo vs. Hop so who knows if he will return to 160 in the shape he was before. Winky would be the obvious choice of who would win, but I would give Oscar a chance but like I said I doubt Oscar wants to fight him.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    i am wondering if winky can get back to 154 because that would be interesting

Oscar never wanted Winky before, and he probably doesn't now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see him fighting either Mosley or Cotto (possibly Cotto but unlikely).

There's no interest in a rematch with PBF as the build up was THIS BIG and the fight was a dreary chess match (in the eyes of Joe Public). The worse thing about ODLH v PBF was that Oscar never hurt Floyd. If he had staggered him or something then they could spin the rematch.

If Hatton beats Floyd (a 10% chance imo) then I think they'll fight at 150lbs. It's too big for Hatton but you'd be surprised at what 15 million can do .

Apart from that, the only other fight I can see that makes any sense (risk V $$$) is a Pavlik fight. ODLH might think he can outwit the younger man and it's pretty much a no lose situation for Oscar. If he gets blown out he fades away after a gallant effort versus the new superstar whereas if he wins it's up there with the great "oldies" last hurrahs!

I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton or Cotto.
    Balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    I've been thinking about this one and i just cant think who he is going to be fighting next. He is arragned to fight on may 08, but who is he likely to fight ? Ive been hearing he wants Ricky Hatton, but how would he get to 147? I also couldnt see Ricky Hatton going to 154, so how would this fight occur ? In terms of big name and carrer definers i dont see much at 154, so can anybody see him going back middleweight? I just cant see who he is going to fight, what do you think?
    Probably some guy dressed in drag at a hotel.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information