Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Scott Harrison will be back in the ring by January

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7057127.stm

It looks like Scott Harrison's dad has got him home and read him the riot act, because like him or loathe him, at least he fronts up to his problems, and if its true he's been dry for 7 weeks, then he might have a future in the sport yet. He will be building from a very low foundation however, and will need to prove himself moving back up the ranks if he wants anything close to a title shot.

=======================

He added: "I had a bad break-up with my fiancée, my second kid was just born, and everybody goes off the rails.

"At the end of the day it was really my own fault. I'm a man to say it, but everyone goes off the rails, I'm not going to be off the rails for the rest of my life.

"You go off the rails and then you go back on the rails. I'm here to stay and I'm looking forward to getting my career back and grabbing back that world title.

"I'll be looking to get back in the ring in December or early January, probably December."

========================

It is a bit of a sob-story, but there's always a road to redemption, just hope he can stick to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Harrison will be back in the ring by January

I will believe it when i see it. Id put strong money on him never making a comeback.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

It looks like Scott Harrison's dad has got him home and read him the riot act, because like him or loathe him, at least he fronts up to his problems, and if its true he's been dry for 7 weeks, then he might have a future in the sport yet. He will be building from a very low foundation however, and will need to prove himself moving back up the ranks if he wants anything close to a title shot.

=======================

He added: "I had a bad break-up with my fiancée, my second kid was just born, and everybody goes off the rails.

"At the end of the day it was really my own fault. I'm a man to say it, but everyone goes off the rails, I'm not going to be off the rails for the rest of my life.

"You go off the rails and then you go back on the rails. I'm here to stay and I'm looking forward to getting my career back and grabbing back that world title.

"I'll be looking to get back in the ring in December or early January, probably December."

========================

It is a bit of a sob-story, but there's always a road to redemption, just hope he can stick to it.
    This may sound a tad judgemental, but I've gone past caring where Scott Harrison is concerned. I don't see him regaining his world title, and I think he'll throw it all away again at some point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's done a lot of damage to his body with the boozing etc. I inserted etc. as i don't want to falsely implicate him but i do suspect there was more than alcohol involved.
    This damage is most likely irrepairable by training, even if he had stayed fit and healthy he had a long career, if he does come back i expect him to be a dull and faded shadow of his past self.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

=======================

========================

While I do feel sory for SH I dont think everybody goes off the rails to his level.I know a lot of people who have have split up with there Misses and I dont think they have gone and beat spanish coppers up.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he'll make a come back and, down the line, fight Alex Arthur for WBO superfeatherweight strap (once Alex gets hold of it). There's a good chance he could even win it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by md
    I think he'll make a come back and, down the line, fight Alex Arthur for WBO superfeatherweight strap (once Alex gets hold of it). There's a good chance he could even win it.
    I'd have real doubts in seeing Arthur fight Harrison, mainly because if you remember what happened against Nicky Cook, Warren made it pretty clear that he was furious at Harrison, and I wouldn't expect him to want to work with Harrison again.

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...ook-fight.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, you're right I think we all have doubts about Harrison and his ability to screw the nut. But, if his first few tune up fights go to plan I think Warren, with his ability to see an opportunity to make some cash for himself, would promote him because it would be a sell out fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by md
    Yep, you're right I think we all have doubts about Harrison and his ability to screw the nut. But, if his first few tune up fights go to plan I think Warren, with his ability to see an opportunity to make some cash for himself, would promote him because it would be a sell out fight.
    I've no doubt that Frank would put his gran in with Harrison if he thought it'd sell out, but if things do pan out like this, it would be nice to see Arthur back in Scotland headlining a show, because fighting in England and Wales hasn't helped him fight to his best in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, the reason Alex has been on the road is because he hasn't sold a show out up here in Edinburgh since the Gomez fight. Alex has always wanted to put a show on for a World title at Edinburgh castle. For that to be do-able, imo, he needs Scott Harrison because there's nothing like a bit of East/West coast rivalry to bring the punters out.

Thread Information