Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: :::Does anyone here train at STARRETT CITY BOXING in BROOKLYN,NYC...?:::

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default :::Does anyone here train at STARRETT CITY BOXING in BROOKLYN,NYC...?:::

how is it....i'm interested....i train currently @ CHURCH STREET BOXING....i don't like it....

i want to join GLEASON's but its so expensive....hows STARRETT...?
    &quot;Walk up into Fight Club with 8 ounce white gloves &amp; leave with red ones...&quot;<br /><br />Royce The Nickel Nine~Ding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: :::Does anyone here train at STARRETT CITY BOXING in BROOKLYN,NYC...?:::

A couple of questions, How come you dont like Church St? #2 How old are you? if your under 18 Starrett would be a great gym they put out alot of Golden Glove contenders , but may not want to really deal to much with some one over like 20, call it boxing discrimination, you could train there but they might not pay to much attention to you.. At Gleasons, Gleasons is so big and has so many fighters that you really dont get the personal attention that you may want unless you get a personal trainer, if you already know how to fight then its a great gym cause they got all the equipment you could dream of... but there also be alot of hanging out there and people that arent serious, usually trying to critique you , and what shut up till you get in the ring and bust there face : ) hope that helps... But how come you dont like Church Street? they have a good reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: :::Does anyone here train at STARRETT CITY BOXING in BROOKLYN,NYC...?:::

Well….CHURCH STREET does pretty much the same thing….not a lot of help…..a lot of the trainers don’t take the time to train you properly…like some of them will see you doing something that’s not right and won’t say sh!t….don’t get me wrong they have some trainers that really try to train ya azz…..but they are a few……

I feel like I’m not getting my money’s worth there….i’m not real happy there….i like GLEASON’s it's expensive…but I can have a personal trainer which is why I’m considering them…..i heard that STARRETT is also good….and I can get a personal trainer there as well…..i’m going to check them out soon…but I wanted some feedback….tho your comments has/have me wondering

I’m 24 & want to take boxing seriously…..right now I’m willing to spend a few more dollars for solid training…..
    &quot;Walk up into Fight Club with 8 ounce white gloves &amp; leave with red ones...&quot;<br /><br />Royce The Nickel Nine~Ding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Prophetic:::Poet
    Well….CHURCH STREET does pretty much the same thing….not a lot of help…..a lot of the trainers don’t take the time to train you properly…like some of them will see you doing something that’s not right and won’t say sh!t….don’t get me wrong they have some trainers that really try to train ya azz…..but they are a few……

I feel like I’m not getting my money’s worth there….i’m not real happy there….i like GLEASON’s it's expensive…but I can have a personal trainer which is why I’m considering them…..i heard that STARRETT is also good….and I can get a personal trainer there as well…..i’m going to check them out soon…but I wanted some feedback….tho your comments has/have me wondering

I’m 24 & want to take boxing seriously…..right now I’m willing to spend a few more dollars for solid training…..
    The Id say consider Gleasons,you can book time with your trainer so you KNOW theyre taking you seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah that sucks, well try gleasons, and starrett both have walk ins i think for like 15 bucks or so shop around bro, as far as now with your situation at church st (ask for help) Trainers are so used to people that arent serious that it takes a lonnnnggg time for someone to prove that they are serious about boxing, and for the trainers to feel like they should spend your time with you...IT sucks!! but thats how it is... How long have you been training there? how many days a week? Usually if your there alot and they see your face alot they'll get used to seeing you and will help you if they think your serious.. Since you said your really serious about boxing approach one of the trainers at church that you like and tell him you really want to compete in the amateurs and how would you go about doing so... he'll help you ..if they see your taking a real intrest, in a place like church street theres alot of white collar boxers that dont really want to compete just work out,, so chances are they dont know where you stand... Have they put u to spar yet ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no i haven't sparred yet...i usually go 3-4 days a week....and i did mention that i want to compete on an amatuer level.....i think becuase there are so many white collar boxers it hurts guys that really want to compete.....

the thing that also effects the training there is that trainers come in at different times...like i go in the morning...i can go in at 10am for 4 days str8 and see different trainers almost everyday.....so it it effects my training...

but i should take your advice...maybe i need to be more demanding...vocal...dedicated...maybe it is me....i'm going to try to harder...cause they are some trainers that really train guys really good...i'll try a new method....thanks guys....great advice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All i know is all my favourite Ny fighters fight out of starrett.. Except for paulie who was a gleasons guy before going with mcgirt now he trains in miami..

Also El gato fights with Mcgirt now
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information