Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some more gem like quotes from Floyd Mayweather

"This won't do nothing for my legacy. My legacy is already solidified, it's already stamped. I'm fighting because I'm a businessman. The price is right, so let's make it happen," Mayweather said. "Before I leave I want to beat the best British fighter out there, or one of them. Calzaghe's the best British fighter - probably one of the best I've ever seen."

www.sportinglife.com

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some more gem like quotes from Floyd Mayweather

As a person Mayweather is simply annoying. God help anyone that actually knows the guy! He is seriously retarded when it comes to people and feelings.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's just trying to make out like he doesn't care which will bode well for him if ricky beats him

he's so insecure

psychologists wet dream.....like sheila from shameless
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    As a person Mayweather is simply annoying. God help anyone that actually knows the guy! He is seriously retarded when it comes to people and feelings.

He's annoying media wise, now realize this is a second hand story, but i have relatives that say he is the nicest guy and nothing like he puts himself out there. And for all we know all these so called "nice guy" boxers can be some of the biggest assholes in reality. It's simply buisness for him, being the villian works for him. Floyd has beat a ton of nice guy fighters in his career and in this sport that's really all that matters.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar

He's annoying media wise, now realize this is a second hand story, but i have relatives that say he is the nicest guy and nothing like he puts himself out there. And for all we know all these so called "nice guy" boxers can be some of the biggest assholes in reality. It's simply buisness for him, being the villian works for him. Floyd has beat a ton of nice guy fighters in his career and in this sport that's really all that matters.
    I agree completely. We have no real way of knowing what these guys are like in reality all we see is them in front of the cameras.

No doubt Floyd has a big ego but so does every top level athlete, it's what fuels them and drives them.

He has a good business head on his shoulders and knows that his arrogant attitude sells tickets. In America they don't have the same mindset as we do in Britian. In the UK we like our sporting stars to be humble and self effacing. Ideally they will also fall just short of true greatness, as we pride ourselves on failing admirably rather than winning dominantly.

In the US they like winners not runners up and so Floyd merely acts and talks like a winner.

I'm sure he's a decent lad at heart, a little arrogant and cocky but that will go once he retires no doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the DLH fight I went to the Detroit press conference and he stayed for a long time after it was officially done to just talk to people. He stated he was the one who insisted it be open to the public so he could lay hands on the fans and insisted Oscar was the one who was putting on a nice guy front and was a dick behind the scenes. One thing that made me think what he was being sincere was when this Mexican kid came over with a boxing glove already signed by Oscar at first Floyd said he couldn't sign it because Oscar already had. When the kid said he didn't have another one Oscar waved him in and signed the glove. I thought it showed a ton of class and humility. Don't buy into his bad guy act. Notice it disappears as soon as he is done winning the fight.

And let's remember: Floyd gave virtually every concession to Oscar to make that fight. His weight, his gloves, his ring while taking the lion's share of the purse and the rights to promote Floyd's next fight. He may have gotten paid handsomely but Oscar made him bend over for it first.
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm 50-50 over Mayweather as a person but to be honest,it doesn't really matter what I think about him lol! For what little it's worth,he comes across as an ass for a fight but after the fight and with random people like photographers and even his doc on 24/7,they say he's a nice dude. For some reason,he thinks he has to come across like a gangster when in mainstream public viewing. I just thought it was interesting that he thought JC was a great fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I'm 50-50 over Mayweather as a person but to be honest,it doesn't really matter what I think about him lol! For what little it's worth,he comes across as an a** for a fight but after the fight and with random people like photographers and even his doc on 24/7,they say he's a nice dude. For some reason,he thinks he has to come across like a gangster when in mainstream public viewing. I just thought it was interesting that he thought JC was a great fighter.
    Back in the day...Floyd wasn't near the tool he is now. Really. I remember the first time he got up in Merchant's shit & was talking about HBO paying him slave wages for his skill level...I knew it was all down hill after that.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah. He also said at that press conference that he might have Manny Steward fired if he kept talking trash about him.
    Oops

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I'm 50-50 over Mayweather as a person but to be honest,it doesn't really matter what I think about him lol! For what little it's worth,he comes across as an a** for a fight but after the fight and with random people like photographers and even his doc on 24/7,they say he's a nice dude. For some reason,he thinks he has to come across like a gangster when in mainstream public viewing. I just thought it was interesting that he thought JC was a great fighter.
    I was shocked at that too lol - he meant best british fighter he had ever seen you recon, right?

I can see where he is coming from tho, i mean have you read what the experts are really saying? just about everyone gives hatton no chance, no one is seeing this as a real threat outside of the hatton fan club... Mayweathers last win was over de la hoya... that tops a 1st KO over hatton IMO

this is a crcking fight, and needed to happen, but for legecy, history and everything else, his wins over de la hoya, corrales castillo and future wins over mosley/cotto guys like citron etc will be the ones we judge him on, the ones we look back at him on.

unless hatton looks awsome during the fight and losses, floyd wont get a great deal of credit, even tho he should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

I agree completely. We have no real way of knowing what these guys are like in reality all we see is them in front of the cameras.

No doubt Floyd has a big ego but so does every top level athlete, it's what fuels them and drives them.

He has a good business head on his shoulders and knows that his arrogant attitude sells tickets. In America they don't have the same mindset as we do in Britian. In the UK we like our sporting stars to be humble and self effacing. Ideally they will also fall just short of true greatness, as we pride ourselves on failing admirably rather than winning dominantly.

In the US they like winners not runners up and so Floyd merely acts and talks like a winner.

I'm sure he's a decent lad at heart, a little arrogant and cocky but that will go once he retires no doubt.
    I disagree that there is a difference in what fans in the US like. PBF isn't very popular. He's been in lots of televised fights, but he doesn't have a big fan base, and certainly not a crossover athlete. He's largely unknown, and since his act or portrayal on 24/7 .... unliked by average people who seen it. I don't think his business sense is good. He gambles on basketball games, carries a lot of cash, and flaunts his money. He's not gotten far with the badboy image, cause it doesn't suit him. If he had any business sense he would have patterned himself after SRL. He's the Pretty Boy, yet he acts like a thug. He just doesn't even fit the personna and he keeps trying. Overall I think he's very foolish. He brags about what he doesn't do, and ignores his own strengths and glosses over what he does do. Very foolish. Should have been the new SRL. Instead he needs ODH to get a big payday. His biggest before was Baldo, and that wasn't big in perspective to other top level fighters.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame

I disagree that there is a difference in what fans in the US like. PBF isn't very popular. He's been in lots of televised fights, but he doesn't have a big fan base, and certainly not a crossover athlete. He's largely unknown, and since his act or portrayal on 24/7 .... unliked by average people who seen it. I don't think his business sense is good. He gambles on basketball games, carries a lot of cash, and flaunts his money. He's not gotten far with the badboy image, cause it doesn't suit him. If he had any business sense he would have patterned himself after SRL. He's the Pretty Boy, yet he acts like a thug. He just doesn't even fit the personna and he keeps trying. Overall I think he's very foolish. He brags about what he doesn't do, and ignores his own strengths and glosses over what he does do. Very foolish. Should have been the new SRL. Instead he needs ODH to get a big payday. His biggest before was Baldo, and that wasn't big in perspective to other top level fighters.
    8 Million for fighting Baldomir? Who else in Boxing is making that kind of money? Not a flame, just want to know. Apart from ODLH obviously..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame

8 Million for fighting Baldomir? Who else in Boxing is making that kind of money? Not a flame, just want to know. Apart from ODLH obviously..?
    Totally disagree...Floyd's a smart business man & he's also gone a hell of a long way with his attitude. It may not be one that everyone likes...but it has catapulted him into a different bracket.

Many fans say that Floyd couldn't sell fight tickets...but that's not really true...it takes two to put asses in seats & to say things like he needed Hatton & Oscar or whoever to sell out an arena is not even 80% on the money.

Hatton & Oscar need an opposing fighter in the other corner to see out the joints here in the U.S. ...so that statement aint on the money.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maywither is an absolute premier ring general with some of the finest accomplishments and skills seen in the last decade or more.
    His Mouth overrides his deserved accolades.some People stop considering his talents when all of the sh!! talk and self Ego stroking are easier to focus on because Its CONSTANT and Unabashed.
    It just gets old....quick !I'm sorry but he comes off like a disrespectful punk in the spotlight and seeing is believing.I dont know him personally,being a fan of this awesome sport for some time I know a great deal of it is self promotion (fight promotion) and Boxing history is littered with boastful guys full of bravado.It makes headlines and is all part of the show but I also think it speaks a little to His (there) character.or lack there of? Call me nuts but I think Hatton pulls this off.......He better because my Sig debt and other will be endless Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I personally don't like the way Floyd acts. Self promoting himself to be equal to or greater than previous legends, his stupid rap songs, dumb dancing, or his always counting his money and bad mouthing people. It's all quite annoying, for me anyways, but not for the next guy. I think he probably could be an all around popular figure in not only this sport, but for sports in general{like Ali}, but he just has that negativity surrounding him. With all that said, he is or will be considered a great in boxing, and young fighters will strive to emulate him in the ring. And seeing as how in the end all we want is to see fighters fight, his personality and the way he is perceived as a person doesn't amount to much. Look at Tyson; telling people he wants to eat children or smash testicles, and is all we wanted was to see him fight, because at the end of the day we don't have to live with him; or Floyd or Mayorga. It's entertainment and Floyd makes it entertaining; whether you like everything about him or you don't, or you're excited about seeing someone finally beat him{which hasn't happened} or see him keep winning, he is a big part of keeping this sport alive. I'm always saying how much I want to see Floyd lose, and how happy I would be. Why Just because I don't like his attitude . It's actually a pretty stupid reason to want someone to lose when I really look at it. He is a ring genius and as gifted a fighter as I have seen. Hatton has as much chance of winning this fight as I have of opening a doughnut shop on Pluto. Go Ricky!!!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information