Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some more gem like quotes from Floyd Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Well I personally don't like the way Floyd acts. Self promoting himself to be equal to or greater than previous legends, his stupid rap songs, dumb dancing, or his always counting his money and bad mouthing people. It's all quite annoying, for me anyways, but not for the next guy. I think he probably could be an all around popular figure in not only this sport, but for sports in general{like Ali}, but he just has that negativity surrounding him. With all that said, he is or will be considered a great in boxing, and young fighters will strive to emulate him in the ring. And seeing as how in the end all we want is to see fighters fight, his personality and the way he is perceived as a person doesn't amount to much. Look at Tyson; telling people he wants to eat children or smash testicles, and is all we wanted was to see him fight, because at the end of the day we don't have to live with him; or Floyd or Mayorga. It's entertainment and Floyd makes it entertaining; whether you like everything about him or you don't, or you're excited about seeing someone finally beat him{which hasn't happened} or see him keep winning, he is a big part of keeping this sport alive. I'm always saying how much I want to see Floyd lose, and how happy I would be. Why Just because I don't like his attitude . It's actually a pretty stupid reason to want someone to lose when I really look at it. He is a ring genius and as gifted a fighter as I have seen. Hatton has as much chance of winning this fight as I have of opening a doughnut shop on Pluto. Go Ricky!!!!
    Good stuff Legion. The advances in space exploration continue to surpass what were once thought to be absolute certaintys of past limitations and realizations thought to be impossible to achieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? Been tippin' the bottle again my friend? I read that 4 times Spicoli and I'm still not quite sure what you said If you're implying that I'll have a Dunkin Donuts on an outer planet one day I have only one question...... Will you be a partner in my future endeavors? 50/50 split bro'
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? Been tippin' the bottle again my friend? I read that 4 times Spicoli and I'm still not quite sure what you said If you're implying that I'll have a Dunkin Donuts on an outer planet one day I have only one question...... Will you be a partner in my future endeavors? 50/50 split bro'
    If/when Hatton wins I'll fund it,staff it,offer prime stock options.Future Fortune 500 No Doubt.

Floyd is great talent ....but Hes human....He bleeds.....He cannot turn water to wine or part the seas and last I checked Hatton Is not yet in a coffin. Hatton will bleed also by the 4th though.It will be competitive and tuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    If/when Hatton wins I'll fund it,staff it,offer prime stock options.Future Fortune 500 No Doubt.

Floyd is great talent ....but Hes human....He bleeds.....He cannot turn water to wine or part the seas and last I checked Hatton Is not yet in a coffin. Hatton will bleed also by the 4th though.It will be competitive and tuff.
    You're right; it's not over till the Fat Lady sings... Who knows, maybe it'll be The Fatton singing that night
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What’s funny about Floyd is that everyone seems to forget what he says after the fight but do their best to remember what he says leading up to the fight. The thing is…the majority of what Floyd does prior to the bout is to sell the bout.

You have to admit that most boxing matches aren’t that compelling unless there is some form of rivalry or competitive nature latched on to it.

Calzaghe vs. Lacy had all the shit talk…all the dismissing.
    Toney vs. Peter…hell Toney vs. anybody is nothing short of a street brawl.
    Tyson vs. anyone was nothing but drama.
    Hopkins vs. anyone that he ever faced was prison smack talk.
    Roy Jones jr vs. anyone was a man that was leagues above the other man in the ring.
    The list goes on & on.

If you think about it…those type of gutter talk bouts are the ones that always equate to the most exciting.

Floyd plays the bad guy to sell the bouts. He’s been into some shit that he shouldn’t have gotten into outside of the ring…but everyone is human & anyone with that much cash & fame is going to get into some shit…if you say that YOU or I wouldn’t…I’d have to say that you were lying.

People glorify & idolized Jones, Tyson, & Toney for their shit talking & attitude…you can’t blame Floyd for feeling that everyone should give him the same love.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    "This won't do nothing for my legacy. My legacy is already solidified, it's already stamped. I'm fighting because I'm a businessman. The price is right, so let's make it happen," Mayweather said. "Before I leave I want to beat the best British fighter out there, or one of them. Calzaghe's the best British fighter - probably one of the best I've ever seen."

www.sportinglife.com
    Well then Floyd, FIGHT CALZAGHE next!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His problem is hes not charismatic but he thinks he is. He never seems sincere because he talks trash abou the guys hes fighting but after they fight he says it was all to get paid. That tells me that he think boxing fans, especially his fans are very naive. If hedid that after one fight I could kind of understand but he does it for every fight.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    What’s funny about Floyd is that everyone seems to forget what he says after the fight but do their best to remember what he says leading up to the fight. The thing is…the majority of what Floyd does prior to the bout is to sell the bout.

You have to admit that most boxing matches aren’t that compelling unless there is some form of rivalry or competitive nature latched on to it.

Calzaghe vs. Lacy had all the S*** talk…all the dismissing.
    Toney vs. Peter…hell Toney vs. anybody is nothing short of a street brawl.
    Tyson vs. anyone was nothing but drama.
    Hopkins vs. anyone that he ever faced was prison smack talk.
    Roy Jones jr vs. anyone was a man that was leagues above the other man in the ring.
    The list goes on & on.

If you think about it…those type of gutter talk bouts are the ones that always equate to the most exciting.

Floyd plays the bad guy to sell the bouts. He’s been into some S*** that he shouldn’t have gotten into outside of the ring…but everyone is human & anyone with that much cash & fame is going to get into some S***…if you say that YOU or I wouldn’t…I’d have to say that you were lying.

People glorify & idolized Jones, Tyson, & Toney for their S*** talking & attitude…you can’t blame Floyd for feeling that everyone should give him the same love.
    Again it's not trash talk that is the problem. It's that he doesn't do it right. He talks different than he fights. Look at the nicknames of those fighters.... Lights Out, Executioner, etc.... Here comes Pretty Boy..... See he doesn't fit the mold. He's playing the wrong tune. It's like American Idol when the make the country boy sing a R&B song. It just ain't right.

And I still don't think Floyd is a smart business man. I think he's done about half of what he could have. Maybe he watched to much wrestling growing up and he's trying to play it out in his career. He makes a great character for wrestling, but falls short of becoming a hero that is talked about for generations.

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    As a person Mayweather is simply annoying. God help anyone that actually knows the guy! He is seriously retarded when it comes to people and feelings.

He's annoying media wise, now realize this is a second hand story, but i have relatives that say he is the nicest guy and nothing like he puts himself out there. And for all we know all these so called "nice guy" boxers can be some of the biggest assholes in reality. It's simply buisness for him, being the villian works for him. Floyd has beat a ton of nice guy fighters in his career and in this sport that's really all that matters.
    I agree completely. We have no real way of knowing what these guys are like in reality all we see is them in front of the cameras.

No doubt Floyd has a big ego but so does every top level athlete, it's what fuels them and drives them.

He has a good business head on his shoulders and knows that his arrogant attitude sells tickets. In America they don't have the same mindset as we do in Britian. In the UK we like our sporting stars to be humble and self effacing. Ideally they will also fall just short of true greatness, as we pride ourselves on failing admirably rather than winning dominantly.

In the US they like winners not runners up and so Floyd merely acts and talks like a winner.

I'm sure he's a decent lad at heart, a little arrogant and cocky but that will go once he retires no doubt.
    I disagree that there is a difference in what fans in the US like. PBF isn't very popular. He's been in lots of televised fights, but he doesn't have a big fan base, and certainly not a crossover athlete. He's largely unknown, and since his act or portrayal on 24/7 .... unliked by average people who seen it. I don't think his business sense is good. He gambles on basketball games, carries a lot of cash, and flaunts his money. He's not gotten far with the badboy image, cause it doesn't suit him. If he had any business sense he would have patterned himself after SRL. He's the Pretty Boy, yet he acts like a thug. He just doesn't even fit the personna and he keeps trying. Overall I think he's very foolish. He brags about what he doesn't do, and ignores his own strengths and glosses over what he does do. Very foolish. Should have been the new SRL. Instead he needs ODH to get a big payday. His biggest before was Baldo, and that wasn't big in perspective to other top level fighters.
    8 Million for fighting Baldomir? Who else in Boxing is making that kind of money? Not a flame, just want to know. Apart from ODLH obviously..?
    The thing is that wasn't a profitable promotion. The seats didn't sell out, there wasn't a huge ppv record, the fans left early and booed. Just because he signed a contract to get that, based upon his great record, he didn't deliver. He won the fight, but he didn't make an event.

Leonard made purses bigger than that in the 80's. When you could still buy a house in California for $100k or less. Floyd is an under achiever outside the ring. His talent should have gotten him much further. I think Gatti was his biggest payday before Baldo and Oscar. There's a direct contrast of earning ability vs talent. Gatti is an overachiever and PBF is an under achiever. Floyd's got all the talent squandering it outside the ring.

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with you luvfightgame. Mayweather could have been a much much bigger/well known fighter but due to his identity crisis,he wasn't/won't be.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    For some reason,he thinks he has to come across like a gangster when in mainstream public viewing.
    A bit like VD, really??
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information