Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitali Klitschko. What's Your Opinion About...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali Klitschko. What's Your Opinion About...

1) When he makes a comeback, will he be as good as he was before?
    2) Vitali vs Chagev? Who Wins?
    3) Vitali vs Maskaev? Who Wins?
    4) Do you think the Vitali-Lewis fight was wrongly called?

Post ya opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali Klitschko. What's Your Opinion About...

Quote Originally Posted by KLITSCHKO KREW AUSTRALIA

Post ya opinions.
    The heavyweight division is weak, if he fails to win a title i'll be shocked. Lewis beat him fair and square, just look at his face. that was caused by punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on what Vitali comes back
    The boxer who had Lewis hurt?
    Or the home town clebrity?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the answer to 1) answers 2) and 3)

If comes back strong then i dont think he has any serious problem with either of those two champs, he's not too old - and i think he will only return if he is confident of being injury free - he will always be able to see how good he is compared to his brother, so will be well aware if he is a long way off his game.

That said a return against any of: sam peter; Mccline, povetkin, valuev or gomez would pose some form of stiff test; beating anyone of those would give us a strong indication he was back.

4) No, i think it was near perfect. Scaore cards show vitali slightly up - as he was. But his face was an absolute mess; he could have gone on but each round it would have been more and more difficult for him. It was stopped at the right time. Shame we didnt get the rematch though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only he knows how good a shape he can get to as before, but he still should be able to beat most of the guys. 4) There's absolutely zero doubt IMO the fight had to be stopped on those cuts, as bad as I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali may not be as good a boxer as Wlad , but as a fighter i think he is better, if hes as good as he was then he beats most of the guys out there.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Post ya opinions.
    I think he could be good as long as he's healthy...his style is so that if he loses a little speed he'll be ok and he can still outpoint anyone as his style is awkward and he's hard to hit flush.

Vitali IMO no matter how much ring rust he has could beat basically anyone in the division right now.

As for the fight with Lewis, I think the stoppage was good and I also think Vitali gets too much crap for his fight vs Chris Byrd if anyone ever wanted to see heart on display it was both Lennox and Vitali that night they fought their asses off and it's wrong for people to judge Lewis on his layoff and Vitali for a previous fight which had nothing to do with that brawl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali had the ability to be the new King of the heavyweight division once Lennox Lewis left. When he took reign's people were pleased that while the rest of the division was in chaos the champion was solid and no one questioned his quality. In short we had a legit heavyweight champion not just a title holder.

If he returns soon he will still be amajor force and win a title but I just hope he does not pull another I am coming back no I am not moment, reguardless of reasons. You can only get the hopes up of fans so many times before they decide they can care less.

He was a top notch fighter who had gained the respect of everyone in the sport. I would have liked him to stck around a bit longer as champion but injuries happen, Just if he is returning then return don't say you are then bail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I think he could be good as long as he's healthy...
    This is the crux. I will be very surprised if he is able to stay healthy long enough for a come back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post ya opinions.
    I think he could be good as long as he's healthy...his style is so that if he loses a little speed he'll be ok and he can still outpoint anyone as his style is awkward and he's hard to hit flush.

Vitali IMO no matter how much ring rust he has could beat basically anyone in the division right now.

As for the fight with Lewis, I think the stoppage was good and I also think Vitali gets too much crap for his fight vs Chris Byrd if anyone ever wanted to see heart on display it was both Lennox and Vitali that night they fought their asses off and it's wrong for people to judge Lewis on his layoff and Vitali for a previous fight which had nothing to do with that brawl.
    I dunno if he can get healthy again. Wasn't it his shoulder that went bad again this time around? A knee is manageable at heavyweight because its not like you're gonna have to chase your opponent but you can't do anything with a bum shoulder. He could beat the belt holders right now, thats for sure.

El Kabong Guest

His shoulder isn't the issue it's his back which I can assure you it's no fucking fun to have a screwed up back.

Vitali has the spirit to fight but I'm not sure his body will allow it....it's a damn shame because he was such a force in the division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His shoulder isn't the issue it's his back which I can assure you it's no fucking fun to have a screwed up back.

Vitali has the spirit to fight but I'm not sure his body will allow it....it's a damn shame because he was such a force in the division
    Yep a back is definitely bad news. Once your back goes, it doesn't matter how anything else is. There's always next year. Maybe he can come back next year, and with most of the big fights settled in the lower weights, he can bring back some interest to the heavyweight division. Its not looking good tho, he ain't getting any younger.

El Kabong Guest

The good news is his style is so awkward we won't be able to tell if he has ring rust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1Yes. Vitali pushes himself too the limit during training thats why he ends up with so many injuries befor a fight, if he makes it through training someones in for a beating.
    2 Vitali ko by the 8th
    3Vitali ko by the 6th
    4Bad as I hate to admit it the stop was for the best,but imo Vitali retired LL.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. No, he's only getting older. I'm not sure he'll ever fight again, to be honest.
    2. Slight edge to Vitali.
    3. Same as #2.
    4. No. Vitali was cut by a legal punch and had a horrific cut. If it was the 10th or 11th round it would've been understandable to let him finish the fight. But it was only the 6th round, there's no way he could make it much longer. The doctor would have been putting Vitali's eye at risk.

Thread Information