Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who would win a DAVID TUA vs GEORGE FOREMAN?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default who would win a DAVID TUA vs GEORGE FOREMAN?

Prime for Prime who do you think would win.

I recently watched a 5'6 qawi hold his own against the older george foreman (who was no push over). foreman had trouble hitting qawi cos he is so low to the ground, he fights out of the crab defense with alot of head movement (he knows how to fight big guys), similar style to David Tua!

Both tua and foreman have amazing chins. and both punch hard, imo tua punches just as hard as foreman.

i would have tua as the favourite cos
    1) he is used to knocking out big guys who are 6'3 plus. he knows how to fight big guys.
    2) he will block evade most of foremans shots but will still be able to take the best foreman has.

the above could also be said about foreman but i see foreman being stopped late on.

Imo foreman doesnt really enjoy fighting smaller guys who really know how to fight big guys (as qawi showed), and after watching the qawi fight i have alot of respect for qawi as a fighter. great chin, defense and alot of balls.

still i would take foreman over tyson although after watching the qawi fight i think tyson would have pushed foreman to his limits. if a 5'6 guy who isnt a proper heavyweight (more like a LHW or cruiser) was landing on foreman like no ones business, then a 5'10 tua or tyson who are hard punching heavyweights would seriously hurt foreman.

Like i said i think Tua stops foreman late or UD to tua.

what do you guys think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who would win a DAVID TUA vs GEORGE FOREMAN?

Are you David Tua? Tua might be able to beat Foreman now.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Tua has a chance againest a slow old Foreman , but if you ever saw the Stevenson v Tua none piad fight then the outcome would be about the same a young Foreman owns Tua inside 2 rounds
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha no im not tua.

hey dark, i think you might be reffering to when tua was stopped by savon, when tua was 17.

did you watch the foreman ali fight, or the foreman lyle fight (who foreman thought was the hardest puncher he ever fought), them foremans would be owned within 1 round

El Kabong Guest

.....the only thing Tua could beat George Foreman in is an Eating Competition!

George Foreman would just thump Tua a la the Frazier bouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

old or early is chose foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    .....the only thing Tua could beat George Foreman in is an Eating Competition!

George Foreman would just thump Tua a la the Frazier bouts
    Agreed!

El Kabong Guest

Being short is never an advantage in a fight....especially when you are as limited a fighter as David Tua.

and people bring up Tyson....5'11-5'10 #1 ain't that short and #2 he was limited on the outside like every other short fighter the only resources he used to his advantage were head movement and combination punching both are lost on a guy like Tua

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman Tko Tua Late.Tua had a Good Beard but Foremans was absolute concrete in his comeback,Yeh Cooney and Holyfield buzzed him And Alex stewart Made him look like a Hacthet attack victim But sturdy none the less.Foreman fought Qawi 1 year into a TEN year layoff and Imo Tua at prime(Vs.Ike?) would be made to order.Phone pole Jab and Vicious uppercuts would keep Tua off balance and Then The RIGHT comes .... crunch.
    At peak Tua Was a war machine but as crazy as it sounds I dont think he was as good a puncher as he could have been.Should have fought more "squat" inside.Would have been good though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

prime for prime...foreman crushes tua
    tua may have a chance against old foreman but i doubt it, foreman would have clubbed hiom to death. tua's defense is and was pretty ordinary
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW! im shocked how one sided this is. both of these guys are monsters, i certainly didnt expect this.
    i think because of foremans legacy, everyone is choosing him. you dont like to see an underachiever like tua next to a legend like foreman. but if this fight was happening next week (prime for prime) then ppls views would be different....atleast 50-50

theres no doubt foreman is a great fighter, the guy could punch harder than a mules kick. and he knows how to use his size as an advantage. he's lot clever than given credit for too.

physically, tua is built like a tank, standing in at 5'10. he's got a big thick skull (like 90% of samoans.) so he can take a shot. tua has underrated defensive skills. he uses simple bobbing and weaving movements along with the archie moore cross defense. so the guy saying foreman will use his pole like jab and hit tua with big uppercuts can forget it. how many uppercuts did ike hit tua with?

anyways, tua did fine against big guys like 6'4 bill corrigan and 6'3 izonretei, its about knowing how to fight against big guys.

to break the discussion down,

foreman was great at fighting smaller guys, he was a murderous puncher, clever and mentally very strong.

tua is great at fighting bigger guys, he is a murderous puncher, who is also clever and mentally very strong. (they both had serious chins)

to the guy who thinks height is everything in fighting-
    if that was so then julius long would be heavyweight champ. its about knowing how to fight, using your natural strengths. lennox was a great outside fighter unlike guys like julius long (sorry for picking on u long). and then you get small guys who dont know how to fight (bigger guys) like holyfield (imho)
    and then you get guys who are great at fighting bigger men, like qawi who beat a guy whos around 6'5!

i say what i feel is right, i try not to be biased, which attracts alot of sad clicks
    i hope i made sense

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen Tua had a lot of flaws and never was a world champion and Foreman was able to get it done at 44 against same kind talent that Tua faced Tua i fell could beat a old Foreman but a young one that destroyed Frazier Tua has no chance you sound biased by saying he does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye maybe i do sound biased, but tua isnt frazier, he's alot tougher. doesnt rush into a puncher. watch the qawi fight and you'll see, this is a fit foreman, not the one that lost to holyfield or won against moorer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    ye maybe i do sound biased, but tua isnt frazier, he's alot tougher. doesnt rush into a puncher. watch the qawi fight and you'll see, this is a fit foreman, not the one that lost to holyfield or won against moorer
    I'm a big fan of the Tuaman, but that's just crazy talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A young prime version of George Foreman is one of the top 20 heavyweight fighters to ever step in the ring. He was also one of the top 5 most feared if not top 3 most feared heavyweights to ever grace the sport of boxing.

George Foreman in his prime did not hit hard, George Foreman in his prime was devastating with a capital D and two exclamation points on the end. This man was not only an Olympic gold medalist he was heavyweight champion in what may have been the greatest decade of heavyweight boxing ever. David Tua is a fighter I like and have always been a fan of but he could not win the heavyweight title in the 2000-2007 years, when world titles are almost a novelty considering there are four alphabet versions considered legit and some others not so highly looked upon.

I am not trying to take anything away from David Tua, he is a tough quality guy that has suffered some managerial problems as well as injuries. Ones that cost some valuable ring time. I just do not think he is now or ever has been the caliber of a prime George Foreman. We are speaking of a top level guy in the late 1990's and early 2000's versus a champion during heavyweight boxings golden era

Thread Information