60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Writing a paper on Saddoboxing

Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    hahahahaha except posts on the spam board dont count towards ur post count

if u cant write about 1000 post board just write about the anticipation of getting there,the excitement the wonder,the fear(of anything X related hehehe)

good luck

id love to read the finished paper
    As the rapper says....X gonna give it to ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and he does in his usual tasteful way

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mrs Memphis wrote a paper on Saddo's. I say saddos what it actually was was an article examining the difference between an amateur and a professional journalist. I was the amateur and the professional piece was written by some bloke at the Washington post.

Sounds really boring but when I got to read the finished article it was really interesting.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Mrs Memphis wrote a paper on Saddo's. I say saddos what it actually was was an article examining the difference between an amateur and a professional journalist. I was the amateur and the professional piece was written by some bloke at the Washington post.

Sounds really boring but when I got to read the finished article it was really interesting.
    I don't suppose you've got a link to it do you? I've been on both sides of the fence, so I'd like to see what conclusions she's drawn. Cheers mate.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll mail it to you Rhun
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Don't forget to mention the "cool-click" system of "checks and balances" and the built-in arcade room where Bilbo's reign was short and without audience.

And don't think I've forgotten about that Vlax trophy either. I'm just waiting until I've got some ultra longlife batteries for my wireless keyboard and then I'm setting that pogo maniac to jump up and down for 48 straight hours. I'll slaughter your score and have my coveted trophy back!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Thats cool that your doing research on saddos!

There is sort of a hierarchial system in place here.
    Saddo
    Moderators
    The Enforcers that keep the place in check
    The "made guys."
    (Guys that have a big rep here but not Mod-types i.e Bilbo VD)
    The Hustlers
    Guys on the way up....Me i guess...
    Amateurs and newbies
    Newbies are the freshest and often most active. However they may develop into the amateur poster who only posts very occasionally or sadly often leaves their Saddoboxing account neglected
    Guests
    I refer to them as "the others" The unseen sneaky types that lurk in the shadows of Saddos realm
    nice way of putting it

not sure the mafia would be as feared if they had a hobbit as a made guy though.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if u cant write about 1000 post board just write about the anticipation of getting there,the excitement the wonder,the fear(of anything X related hehehe)

good luck

The papers pretty much done Kat, so if you actually want to read it send me a message with your email acct. and I will email it to you as soon as it is complete. I'll warn you though, its not terribly interesting, its just about what makes Saddoboxing a social/cultural group and on how an anthropologist would study it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH

good luck

The papers pretty much done Kat, so if you actually want to read it send me a message with your email acct. and I will email it to you as soon as it is complete. I'll warn you though, its not terribly interesting, its just about what makes Saddoboxing a social/cultural group and on how an anthropologist would study it.
    Definitely post it up mate, I'm sure a lot of us would find it interesting. I'd certainly like to see what our group is like from an anthropological point of view.

What would be really great is if we could find Britkids body. His fossil skull would certainly shed light on the human ability for processing pointless information and anal statistics.

He would be like the Lucy skeleton of Saddo's and you could be Don Johansson.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH

good luck

Definitely post it up mate, I'm sure a lot of us would find it interesting. I'd certainly like to see what our group is like from an anthropological point of view.
    Actually, I believe that he was using his archaeological skills when it came to your part of the saddo's society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quick question: How can man study himself? That is what antropology is isn't it? Man studying his own behaviors? Once they come upon some unfavorable revelation about themselves, wouldn't they change and therefore alter to purpose of the study?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Quick question: How can man study himself? That is what antropology is isn't it? Man studying his own behaviors? Once they come upon some unfavorable revelation about themselves, wouldn't they change and therefore alter to purpose of the study?
    Psychology:
    My mate is doin it.
    Apparently the great problem of Psychological examinations is the difficulty in which the psychologist finds himself when examining his subject. Us human are too easily swayed by emotions and opinions and this prevents us from being able to analyse the brain and other humans as accurately as an emotionless, fact-fuelled computer would...

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]
    Psychology:
    My mate is doin it.
    Apparently the great problem of Psychological examinations is the difficulty in which the psychologist finds himself when examining his subject. Us human are too easily swayed by emotions and opinions and this prevents us from being able to analyse the brain and other humans as accurately as an emotionless, fact-fuelled computer would...
    [/quote]

I'd have thought thats a pretty single eyed point of view from one sector isnt it? I'd have thought its a difference most prefer in an analyst checking into your emotional and mental state Thats the difference between us and computers we can feel what others tell us about their past or their future view of things which are the major stems of any problem;fear of one or the other, occuring or repeating.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know if I can be much help and not sure what sort of things your paper requires but i'll give you a few notes on some observations of saddo

1. It's got members from all over the world communicating almost as one unit. i.e. race, colour, nationality, gender does not really play any part in heirarchy of the site. No one gets any more or less respect or credit for these things. Anyone can come here and be on an even plane from the start.

2. One thing i've noticed about this forum and it's community is that everyone actually does have an unspoken respect for each other.. Some of us display it in very very strange ways but I think that no one on here really earns people disliking him. This is the only forum and possibly the only community i've known where their isn't a certain number of people who try to show off, or act better than others or things like that. It's hard to put into words, but I think it may come back to the fact that all our origins are rooted in some way to boxing and the type of sport it is. It's very raw, primal, competitive, you on your own with only yourself to protect you, toughness of mind and body..... I think being involved in this sport commands a certain amount of respect from others. And it reflects on here. No one feels they need to "impress" anyone here..... When in fact that type of behavoir is very very important and prominent in real life,,, though here it does not seem to exist much at all.

3. The respect and possibly "admiration" for others that is displayed here makes for a great platform for people to discuss person issues or problems, have everyday discussions, tell jokes, shoot the sh!t, and just about anything else...
    There just seems to be a pre-concived eveness of field on here.... Everyone perhaps attempts to meet on the same level in some way, and it works very well and makes this a place worth coming back to and sharing experiences on...

Ummm, yeah sh!t i dunno what i'm saying, that's just my notes... If your teacher gave you any guidelines or requirements of the paper or just any notes at all or background of the specifics you've been studying, you should post them up so we have a little better idea what sort of crap you want us to talk about....

I'm with the person who said your a lazy ba$tard and wanted us to write your paper for you... brilliant idea none the less though....

I would have done the same paper on the seduction community based on that book "the game"... That would have been very interesting for the teacher to read..

But anyway, hope some of my throughts were relevant in some way. Good luck with it.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, I wrote my post before seeing that you had nearly finished the paper.. Good work anyway.

A book you might find very interesting is called

"The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins

It talks about how our Gene's are designed ultimately for survival & replication,,,, and every feeling and emotion we have can be traced back to that, and it discusses very deeply and interestingly how it all relates... I'm not a huge fan of that type of stuff, but I stumbled upon that book and I literally couldn't put it down and my mind was just blown so freakin wide open by the million and one interesting facts and discussions in that book...
    You can find it in share programs, but if your truley lazy, just shoot me off your e-mail and i'll send you my e-book copy of it... It's seriously worth reading if your even 1/1000th interested in psychology..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Thread Information