Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Writing a paper on Saddoboxing

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Psychology:
    My mate is doin it.
    Apparently the great problem of Psychological examinations is the difficulty in which the psychologist finds himself when examining his subject. Us human are too easily swayed by emotions and opinions and this prevents us from being able to analyse the brain and other humans as accurately as an emotionless, fact-fuelled computer would...
    [/quote]

I'd have thought thats a pretty single eyed point of view from one sector isnt it? I'd have thought its a difference most prefer in an analyst checking into your emotional and mental state Thats the difference between us and computers we can feel what others tell us about their past or their future view of things which are the major stems of any problem;fear of one or the other, occuring or repeating.
    [/quote]
    That was precisely my point Andre, our ability to assess ourselves is restricted by our emotional involvement with the subject.
    When a psychologist or psychiatrist undertakes an examination of a patient or subject, they must actively try to remain impartial and unattached from the subject. Should they succeed in remaining unaffected by the persons emotion or their own emotion, they also have to struggle with another conflict of interests. The opinions/mindset/morals and attitude may conflict with those of the person performing the analysis and this will alter the chemistry between the two people.

Comical example:
    Psychologist is a PAC Fan.
    Subject hates PAC.

Subject: I hate Manny Pacquaio and i wish he would die.

As this conflicts with the beliefs, emotions and sentiments held by the psychologist it may be diagnosed as.

Psychologist:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Psychology:
    My mate is doin it.
    Apparently the great problem of Psychological examinations is the difficulty in which the psychologist finds himself when examining his subject. Us human are too easily swayed by emotions and opinions and this prevents us from being able to analyse the brain and other humans as accurately as an emotionless, fact-fuelled computer would...
    [/quote]

I'd have thought thats a pretty single eyed point of view from one sector isnt it? I'd have thought its a difference most prefer in an analyst checking into your emotional and mental state Thats the difference between us and computers we can feel what others tell us about their past or their future view of things which are the major stems of any problem;fear of one or the other, occuring or repeating.
    [/quote]
    That was precisely my point Andre, our ability to assess ourselves is restricted by our emotional involvement with the subject.
    When a psychologist or psychiatrist undertakes an examination of a patient or subject, they must actively try to remain impartial and unattached from the subject. Should they succeed in remaining unaffected by the persons emotion or their own emotion, they also have to struggle with another conflict of interests. The opinions/mindset/morals and attitude may conflict with those of the person performing the analysis and this will alter the chemistry between the two people.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Comical example:
    Psychologist is a PAC Fan.
    Subject hates PAC.

Subject: I hate Manny Pacquaio and i wish he would die.

As this conflicts with the beliefs, emotions and sentiments held by the psychologist it may be diagnosed as.

Psychologist: subject showing strong irrational homicidal urges toward a true sporting hero and monument of modern boxing
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

SigmaMu Guest

Saddo of OZ makes this place great. He knows how to run a forum
    One could never accuse Saddo of being an absentee landlord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    hahahahaha except posts on the spam board dont count towards ur post count

if u cant write about 1000 post board just write about the anticipation of getting there,the excitement the wonder,the fear(of anything X related hehehe)

good luck

id love to read the finished paper
    The papers pretty much done Kat, so if you actually want to read it send me a message with your email acct. and I will email it to you as soon as it is complete. I'll warn you though, its not terribly interesting, its just about what makes Saddoboxing a social/cultural group and on how an anthropologist would study it.
    thanx for sending me that it were brill i really enjoyed it i've given u another cc thanx

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

Saddo of OZ makes this place great. He knows how to run a forum
    One could never accuse Saddo of being an absentee landlord.

Saddos is a man behind a curtain.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The paper is done, so thanks for all the help and advice. Everyone in the thread will be CC'd.

Dizaster - you had some really good ideas, I wish I'd read that post before I handed the paper in, but I think I had already incorporated some/most of the things you wrote about. You had some good insight man, you should consider becoming a useless arts student like myself

Kat - I'm glad you enjoyed reading the paper, its not my best work and the editting was really half-assed, but thank you very much for taking the time to read it and for giving a your opinion on it.
    I guess in the future I should probably erase my name and student number from the paper before I start sending my university papers out to strangers on the net

If anyone else wants to read it just let me know, I'll send it to ya and you can tell me how much my work sucks.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

hahahahahaahah funny stuff Danny

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and CFH you not gonna post it ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    and CFH you not gonna post it ?
    The boss man himself visiting my thread... I'm honored

I haven't posted it because its about 8 pages (double spaced) long, so I don't really know where/how to post it, because it would be too big for a thread, wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem posting it on here if people want to read it, I just don't know how... I guess I could just post it in its own thread or something - I'll give it a shot after work.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post it

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem posting it on here if people want to read it, I just don't know how... I guess I could just post it in its own thread or something - I'll give it a shot after work.
    If you have it on your PC you would post it the same way you would add a picture to your post.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    If you have it on your PC you would post it the same way you would add a picture to your post.
    Stupid question - how do I add a picture to my post? Do I just use the bottom about the text box and then paste the text in?

Thread Information