Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Duddy to face former World title challenger Howard Eastman

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    This is a hell of a good test for Duddy right now IMO. Will really bring to light where Duddy is heading in his career, even though Eastman is a little long in the tooth.
    Agreed, Eastman is a good step up, and in my opinion a much better choice than diving headfirst into a title fight with Pavlik.
    This not only will be a good indicator of how good John really is, but also a good learning fight which will educate him for future opponents.
    I disagree this is a horrible style matchup for Duddy. Duddy has proved in recent outings that he's only a slight step up from his opponents an ageing Yory Boy Campas and the world's greatest dad Anthony Bonsante.

He's not a world class boxer and although Eastman is faded he has fought at the very highest level.

I think Duddy is going get upset here. He doesn't have the greatest boxing skills and will almost certainly be outboxed and he doesn't have the power to hurt Eastman either.

Eastman wide UD.
    Although it is the kind of match-up that will challenge Duddy stylistically, I think that it will be a good test for him, though I doubt it will be a great viewing spectacle. If Duddy comes through he's proved a point by beating a very good boxer, and if he loses then he's been found out and Eastman gets himself another comeback until he's beat again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dangerous test for Duddy, it'll be a great to see if a higher level of competition pushes him to greatness or makes him faulter, perfect choice of opponent for that. I am also impressed that Duddy is staying as busy as he has been 5 fights this year.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    This is a hell of a good test for Duddy right now IMO. Will really bring to light where Duddy is heading in his career, even though Eastman is a little long in the tooth.
    Agreed, Eastman is a good step up, and in my opinion a much better choice than diving headfirst into a title fight with Pavlik.
    This not only will be a good indicator of how good John really is, but also a good learning fight which will educate him for future opponents.
    I disagree this is a horrible style matchup for Duddy. Duddy has proved in recent outings that he's only a slight step up from his opponents an ageing Yory Boy Campas and the world's greatest dad Anthony Bonsante.

He's not a world class boxer and although Eastman is faded he has fought at the very highest level.

I think Duddy is going get upset here. He doesn't have the greatest boxing skills and will almost certainly be outboxed and he doesn't have the power to hurt Eastman either.

Eastman wide UD.
    Although it is the kind of match-up that will challenge Duddy stylistically, I think that it will be a good test for him, though I doubt it will be a great viewing spectacle. If Duddy comes through he's proved a point by beating a very good boxer, and if he loses then he's been found out and Eastman gets himself another comeback until he's beat again.
    That's part of my point. Eastman can only really make Duddy look bad imo win or lose. He's a frustrating fighter to face.

I agree with the majority that Eastman's better days are past him but in his prime he would have taken Duddy to school.

As he's never been in any wars I always feel that Eastman has one great performance left in him and that he can box his way to a win over Duddy.

I'm torn as to who I want to win. Duddy's a likeable but limited fighter on the way up and Eastman is an old fighter who really should have won a world title. I'd like to see him have one last chance but to be honest Eastman has had more last chances than Mike Tyson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastman wide UD.
    Honestly Bilbo i don't see any justification for your right wing mind frame in relation to Duddy, but if ur right i owe you an apology.
    Eastman is a shadow of what he once was, in addition even at his best Eastmaen himself was not world class, his fight against Hopkins? Would you refer to that as having "fought at the highest level?"

Because i don't i refer to that as "lazily participating at the highest level."

You recall Jermaine Taylor's & the Ring's deeming of that fight as "a dance between two old men?"

Well Eastman looked old back then, hows he going to survive against all action Duddy now, particularily after his poor showing against Elcock?
    I agree that much depends on how much Eastman has left but in his prime he'd finish Duddy inside six rounds imo.

He's certainly looked lacklustre and old as of late but he's still a wiley old sod and could frustrate Duddy.

The fact that an Duddy went life and death with a 100 fight welterweight makes me think he won't like Eastman's punches much.

Five years ago if this were the prediction contest I'd have put an Eastman KO as my joker pick, now it depends how much he has left.

I missed his fight with Elcock but he still showed some desire in his fight before that, although still frustrating at times.

I'm still tipping him to derail the Duddy train however.
    Well like i said, if ur right i owe u an apology and a pat on the back, but for me Eastman gets dominated in this fight, by sheer workrate and determination.
    The fight before Elcock was against Ashira was it not?

One thing that surprised me about Duddy in his last fight was his technique.
    Turner was supposed to have revolutionised Duddy and i was expecting some new technical twist to the Duddy style...All i saw against Prince Aaron was a basic body attack against a Tall fighter.
    Perhaps the Eastman fight will be more of a showing as Duddy fights a less intimidated, less mobile and shorter opponent.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastman is a shadow of his former self , but he will beat Duddy who is totally over rated in my opinion.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Eastman is a shadow of his former self , but he will beat Duddy who is totally over rated in my opinion.
    Just out of interest, are there any up-and-comers in Britain that you don't think are over-rated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all know that Eastman is long past his best but this will be a great test for Duddy, it will be the first time he is in with a guy who has faced the caliber of opponent Howard Eastman has with the exception of Campos. I think this may be a bout where Duddy is not able to control the tempo by making it a slugfest. He will be forced to box a bit more.

I pick Duddy to win but it will be a good learning experience for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Awesome matchup! Perfect step up for Duddy, kudos to his team for not throwing him to the wolves too early. I can see Eastman giving him alot of problems with his defense, this will be a great learning experience. Im predicting Duddy will eventually get to him late and get the k.o.
    I won't praise his team too much, he'd be going in against Pavlik if Taylor hadn't opted for the rematch. Just luck of the Irish that he dodged that bullet, for now...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk
    Awesome matchup! Perfect step up for Duddy, kudos to his team for not throwing him to the wolves too early. I can see Eastman giving him alot of problems with his defense, this will be a great learning experience. Im predicting Duddy will eventually get to him late and get the k.o.
    I won't praise his team too much, he'd be going in against Pavlik if Taylor hadn't opted for the rematch. Just luck of the Irish that he dodged that bullet, for now...
    Luck of the Irish might see Taylor beat Pavlik and Duddy getting his shot there.
    Stylistically and physically Taylor is a much more feasible victory for Duddy than Pavlik.
    I giv him 0 chance against Pavlik, but there is a possability of A win v Taylor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duddy is such a hard puncher but he is sloppy and leaves his chin exposed. This fight will be good for him to get more world class experience. But from seeing Pavlk, pavlik would knock him out no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Eastmans done imo, he was absolutley awful against Ashira and he then was beaton soundly by a limited Elcock, this is a fight for Duddy to look good in against a faded name in Eastman.
    I say Duddy loses.

Go Eastman. I love Eastman...he's got great skills & he could be the man...but he just don't apply himself.

If he does beat Howard...it'll be a good step up for Duddy & will put him in the running to face the winner of Taylor Pavlik II , atleast I would think.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm making a list of all you Duddy doubters and I am gonna call you on it when you try to become fans later. Duddy ko round 8, Duddy will outwork him and I think he can take anything Eastman has left. Duddy should do well as long as he puts combos together like I know he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm making a list of all you Duddy doubters and I am gonna call you on it when you try to become fans later. Duddy ko round 8, Duddy will outwork him and I think he can take anything Eastman has left. Duddy should do well as long as he puts combos together like I know he can.
    You can put me at the top of that list...their aint shit that Duddy can do that could ever win me over...not even MIRACULOUSLY beating Pavlik.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastman would be good for Duddy's development, as he is excellent technically and not easy to hit. No way a win would mean anything, however. Eastman is finished in top class if he couldn't beat Elcock - decent fighter but would struggle at European level.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    You can put me at the top of that list...their aint shit that Duddy can do that could ever win me over...not even MIRACULOUSLY beating Pavlik.
    Good we dont need flip floppers on the bandwagon, who's your pick for Kessler Calzaghe this week.
    Just messing with ya.

Thread Information