Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Duddy to face former World title challenger Howard Eastman

Honestly I think Duddy is no better than Elcock but that doesnt matter. Eastman is better than both guys at his best and far more seasoned. Duddy has a terrible defence and Eastman will have no problem taking advantage of that. It comes down to how Eastman deals with what Duddy dishes out. Im taking Eastman by decision in this one.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Eastman is a shadow of his former self , but he will beat Duddy who is totally over rated in my opinion.
    Just out of interest, are there any up-and-comers in Britain that you don't think are over-rated?
    It is irrelivant , this is about Eastman v Duddy , and im sure many agree with me that Duddy is over hyped and over rated.
    The British press and public always BIG up their prospects its just the way it has always been.
    And my opinion is that Eastman will KO duddy . so lets wait and see.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastman is a shadow of his former self , but he will beat Duddy who is totally over rated in my opinion.
    Just out of interest, are there any up-and-comers in Britain that you don't think are over-rated?
    It is irrelivant , this is about Eastman v Duddy , and im sure many agree with me that Duddy is over hyped and over rated.
    The British press and public always BIG up their prospects its just the way it has always been.
    Well I think it is relevant in determining whether you are truly being objective or simply have an agenda against British boxers, or even if it is just anti-current boxers because things were better in the old days. Press will speak about prospects...because that is what the press' job is. Surely there will be someone from the current crop who will break the world stage, and they'll be among those "over hyped and over rated" fighters you refer to.
    I just think that it's easier to piss on their parade than it is to try and look objectively and see which ones have the potential to make it.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think it is relevant in determining whether you are truly being objective or simply have an agenda against British boxers, or even if it is just anti-current boxers because things were better in the old days. Press will speak about prospects...because that is what the press' job is. Surely there will be someone from the current crop who will break the world stage, and they'll be among those "over hyped and over rated" fighters you refer to.
    I just think that it's easier to piss on their parade than it is to try and look objectively and see which ones have the potential to make it.
    Dont get me wrong i actually like Duddy , but he really doesnt deserve to be talked about the way he is , and to be linked with Pavlik is just daft , he doesnt deserve a shot yet.
    As for british prospects , i dont see the next Benn / Hamed / or Honeyghan , in the current crop.
    I like a true brit to do well , like anyone , but if i dont like a fighter it doesnt matter if hes english/american or from mars , he gets both barrels.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get me wrong i actually like Duddy , but he really doesnt deserve to be talk about the way he is , and to be linked with Pavlik is just daft , he doesnt deserve ahot yet.
    As for british prospects , i dont see the next Benn / Hamed / or Honeyghan , in the current crop.
    I like a true brit to well , like anyone , but if i dont like a fighter it doesnt matter if hes english/american or from mars , he gets both barrells.
    Fair enough, and I agree that he's nowhere near Pavlik standard at the moment, but he's got plenty of heart and if he shows a willingness to improve his defence, then he could make it up there or thereabouts IMO.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get me wrong i actually like Duddy , but he really doesnt deserve to be talk about the way he is , and to be linked with Pavlik is just daft , he doesnt deserve ahot yet.
    I like a true brit to well , like anyone , but if i dont like a fighter it doesnt matter if hes english/american or from mars , he gets both barrells.
    Fair enough, and I agree that he's nowhere near Pavlik standard at the moment, but he's got plenty of heart and if he shows a willingness to improve his defence, then he could make it up there or thereabouts IMO.
    Hey Super this is scary we actually agree on something

Thread Information