Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John Duddy to face former World title challenger Howard Eastman

from www.fightnews.com

Two-time world title challenger Howard Eastman will be out to turn John Duddy's Kings Hall dream into a nightmare when they clash at the legendary Belfast venue on December 8th on the next Hunky Dorys Fight Night. The 36-year-old Eastman (42-5, 35 KOs) is somewhat faded, having lost four of his last six, all against world class opponents, but the "Battersea Bomber" is certainly not a gimmee opponent for Duddy, who is biding his time waiting for a world title shot. "It doesn't get much better than fighting a guy with Eastman's reputation at the Kings Hall," said Duddy. "He's had almost twice as many KO's as I've had fights so that tells you everything about him. He has an amazing record and there's no doubt he's a very dangerous man."

===========================================

I was really surprised to see this one turn up on fightnews just now, because Duddy is famed for fighting in an exciting style and really going into the trenches, and Eastman is almost the exact opposite. A measured boxer who looks to throw just enough to win each round. I know Eastman's form is not sparkling over recent years, but he's still a threat, and came very close to beating Elcock last time out, and will really give Duddy a big test, possibly even better than Yory Boy did. If he wins, I think Duddy will prove a point that he deserves to be considered as a real proven contender among the middleweights.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Duddy to face former World title challenger Howard Eastman

Fucking beautiful!!! Oh nice one!!!
    I presumed it was going to be the original opponent from the last fight!!!!

Ringsiiiiiidddeee here i come!!!! Nice one!!!
    Thanks a million superheavy!!!
    Would really dig a good supporting card, il be able to find out some rumours early on this!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a hell of a good test for Duddy right now IMO. Will really bring to light where Duddy is heading in his career, even though Eastman is a little long in the tooth.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    This is a hell of a good test for Duddy right now IMO. Will really bring to light where Duddy is heading in his career, even though Eastman is a little long in the tooth.
    Agreed, Eastman is a good step up, and in my opinion a much better choice than diving headfirst into a title fight with Pavlik.
    This not only will be a good indicator of how good John really is, but also a good learning fight which will educate him for future opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastmans done imo, he was absolutley awful against Ashira and he then was beaton soundly by a limited Elcock, this is a fight for Duddy to look good in against a faded name in Eastman.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome matchup! Perfect step up for Duddy, kudos to his team for not throwing him to the wolves too early. I can see Eastman giving him alot of problems with his defense, this will be a great learning experience. Im predicting Duddy will eventually get to him late and get the k.o.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Agreed, Eastman is a good step up, and in my opinion a much better choice than diving headfirst into a title fight with Pavlik.
    This not only will be a good indicator of how good John really is, but also a good learning fight which will educate him for future opponents.
    I disagree this is a horrible style matchup for Duddy. Duddy has proved in recent outings that he's only a slight step up from his opponents an ageing Yory Boy Campas and the world's greatest dad Anthony Bonsante.

He's not a world class boxer and although Eastman is faded he has fought at the very highest level.

I think Duddy is going get upset here. He doesn't have the greatest boxing skills and will almost certainly be outboxed and he doesn't have the power to hurt Eastman either.

Eastman wide UD.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great news! I'm happy to hear this. We're really being treated to some great matchups this year. Eastman is still a durable challenger and will provide Duddy with a stern test. Duddy to win on points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Eastmans done imo, he was absolutley awful against Ashira and he then was beaton soundly by a limited Elcock, this is a fight for Duddy to look good in against a faded name in Eastman.
    I think you're right about Eastman being done, but it's a hell of an improvement IMO than that bum Duddy just fought; and like DonnyBoy said, it sure is better than jumping in with Pavlik who could ruin him. Iwouldn't count Eastman out in this one though, people may be surprised
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good match-up. If Duddy can't beat old nut nut at this stage he's not going anywhere.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Awesome matchup! Perfect step up for Duddy, kudos to his team for not throwing him to the wolves too early. I can see Eastman giving him alot of problems with his defense, this will be a great learning experience. Im predicting Duddy will eventually get to him late and get the k.o.
    I'd be shocked if that happened. Eastman is a tough nut to crack and I don't think Duddy has the power to do it. Outbox him over 12...yeah...but a KO? If he did that I'd be believing he is going places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GOtta say ill have money on Eastman UD in this one.

Too much experience, and just has the style to frustrate duddy
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I disagree this is a horrible style matchup for Duddy. Duddy has proved in recent outings that he's only a slight step up from his opponents an ageing Yory Boy Campas and the world's greatest dad Anthony Bonsante.

He's not a world class boxer and although Eastman is faded he has fought at the very highest level.

I think Duddy is going get upset here. He doesn't have the greatest boxing skills and will almost certainly be outboxed and he doesn't have the power to hurt Eastman either.

Eastman wide UD.
    Honestly Bilbo i don't see any justification for your right wing mind frame in relation to Duddy, but if ur right i owe you an apology.
    Eastman is a shadow of what he once was, in addition even at his best Eastmaen himself was not world class, his fight against Hopkins? Would you refer to that as having "fought at the highest level?"

Because i don't i refer to that as "lazily participating at the highest level."

You recall Jermaine Taylor's & the Ring's deeming of that fight as "a dance between two old men?"

Well Eastman looked old back then, hows he going to survive against all action Duddy now, particularily after his poor showing against Elcock?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eastman does have one foot out the door but this still is a good step up for duddy.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Eastman wide UD.
    Honestly Bilbo i don't see any justification for your right wing mind frame in relation to Duddy, but if ur right i owe you an apology.
    Eastman is a shadow of what he once was, in addition even at his best Eastmaen himself was not world class, his fight against Hopkins? Would you refer to that as having "fought at the highest level?"

Because i don't i refer to that as "lazily participating at the highest level."

You recall Jermaine Taylor's & the Ring's deeming of that fight as "a dance between two old men?"

Well Eastman looked old back then, hows he going to survive against all action Duddy now, particularily after his poor showing against Elcock?
    I agree that much depends on how much Eastman has left but in his prime he'd finish Duddy inside six rounds imo.

He's certainly looked lacklustre and old as of late but he's still a wiley old sod and could frustrate Duddy.

The fact that an Duddy went life and death with a 100 fight welterweight makes me think he won't like Eastman's punches much.

Five years ago if this were the prediction contest I'd have put an Eastman KO as my joker pick, now it depends how much he has left.

I missed his fight with Elcock but he still showed some desire in his fight before that, although still frustrating at times.

I'm still tipping him to derail the Duddy train however.

Thread Information