Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikkel Kessler "Joe Calzaghe Crushed My Dream"

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Mr Kessler Learned more last night about fighting than ever before, and didnt get hurt. He will get better from lessons learned, should come back a better fighter I was impressed. Technicaly a better fighter than Joe but not as inventive.
    Exactly mate, calzaghe adjusted. Although calzaghe was throwing some useless punches, they werent wasting energy and it was enough to keep kessler weary and keep some gas in the tank. Calzaghe is crafty but for me not a technically efficient fighter.
    how can you say he isn't technically efficient when he fought pretty much the perfect fight.
    ono. I can't understand anyone saying that Calzaghe's not a technical fighter. He is. He's also savy, awkward, & has an incredible jab that sets up some relentless combinations.

I'm just curious what it takes to be considered technical...
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    "Joe Calzaghe Crushed My Dream" -- Kessler

The more I see this the funnier it becomes. I just find it to be a very humerous statement. Something that you might hear Krusty the Clown say on a classic Simpsons episode...

LOL Crushed my dream...
    Honestly...I feel for Kessler...I really do.

Think of it like this...boxing is pretty much Kessler's life as much as it is Joe's. Kessler had two of the belts & was well on his way to getting another one & then got shut down like a crack house on Sunday morning.

I really really liked Kessler & had he been fighting someone else besides Joe I'd have been pulling for him.

Kessler is a great fighter & fought a great fight...but it was against a greater fighter.

If Joe keeps on winning...which I believe he will & then retires...he'll still be questioned...& I find that ridiculous...but the proof is in the poundings...& Joe keeps pounding out wins.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Mr Kessler Learned more last night about fighting than ever before, and didnt get hurt. He will get better from lessons learned, should come back a better fighter I was impressed. Technicaly a better fighter than Joe but not as inventive.
    Exactly mate, calzaghe adjusted. Although calzaghe was throwing some useless punches, they werent wasting energy and it was enough to keep kessler weary and keep some gas in the tank. Calzaghe is crafty but for me not a technically efficient fighter.
    how can you say he isn't technically efficient when he fought pretty much the perfect fight.
    ono. I can't understand anyone saying that Calzaghe's not a technical fighter. He is. He's also savy, awkward, & has an incredible jab that sets up some relentless combinations.

some people don't understand that the best style is having no real style at all... if you don't have a style, how can you beat it?

Calzaghe find unreal angles to punch from, takes punches for the fuck of it and counters with a load more... he can be technical if he wants, get behind the jab slip jabs and counter - but he gets crazy coz it puts fear in him and keeps him sharp, simple as.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was so impressed by Calzaghe's win, that I moved him to the #1 position of my own personal P4P list.

Unless he gets old overnight, which is possible at his age. I cannot picture anyone currently at Super Middle or Light Heavyweight beating him. Sure he arm punches quite often, but he even makes those work for him. He has that type of style that can make anyone or everyone look bad.

I think it would have taken a prime RJJ to beat him. His Awkwardness, Speed, Balance, Defense, Footwork, and total punching arsenal is truly a gift. He may not be a big puncher, but he does not have to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis

some people don't understand that the best style is having no real style at all... if you don't have a style, how can you beat it?

Calzaghe find unreal angles to punch from, takes punches for the F*** of it and counters with a load more... he can be technical if he wants, get behind the jab slip jabs and counter - but he gets crazy coz it puts fear in him and keeps him sharp, simple as.
    Well stated...but do you think that Joe has no style...or a style like none at all?

I'm trying to recall if I have every seen anyone that throws from all angles like Joe does...other than Hopkins...I don't know of anyone...but Hopkins fires out of defensive spots...Calzaghe fires out of any angle or opening period.

The volume is incredible...it always has been...but lately...it's been more precise...& that's where I can't understand someone calling him sloppy. Awkward, yes...sloppy...I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis

Calzaghe find unreal angles to punch from, takes punches for the F*** of it and counters with a load more... he can be technical if he wants, get behind the jab slip jabs and counter - but he gets crazy coz it puts fear in him and keeps him sharp, simple as.
    Well stated...but do you think that Joe has no style...or a style like none at all?

I'm trying to recall if I have every seen anyone that throws from all angles like Joe does...other than Hopkins...I don't know of anyone...but Hopkins fires out of defensive spots...Calzaghe fires out of any angle or opening period.

The volume is incredible...it always has been...but lately...it's been more precise...& that's where I can't understand someone calling him sloppy. Awkward, yes...sloppy...I just don't see it.
    no style at all, he starts off more clever now with his jab and thinking, but as the fight goes on the more calzaghe changes.

During the build up to this kessler was saying like alot of others they had studied joe and worked out how ot beat him, to me kessler looked for that uppercut, he believed that was key early on... when i seen them land i was certain thats one of the things they had worked on... but lil enzo said something damn true, just like every other fighter who thought they had calzaghe figured out, he changes what hes doing and it fucks them up.

IM not saying the guy is god, RJJ, hopkins would be much tougher tests, both very smart nd gifted, then can switch things about to...

but thats what i mean about his style, he switches his style of fighting around so much that t stops anyone hes faced getting any real momentium with some success they found ala kessler with the uppercuts

CC back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw
    I was so impressed by Calzaghe's win, that I moved him to the #1 position of my own personal P4P list.
    I feel ya babe.

I've thought that Calzaghe should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up on the P4P lists due to the fact that he's undefeated & keeps on winning...even being a Yank, I've felt that way...& that aint a popular view in the U.S.

I think Joe should get merits due to his dominance & once he moves up to 175 & beats either Johnson, Jones, Woods, Hopkins, Tarver, or Dawson...I'm curiuos to see what people will say then...because even with the Kessler win...there are still critics.

As good of a guy as Joe is...as great as he is for boxing...people still don't like him...but it is what it is.

Unless he gets old overnight, which is possible at his age. I cannot picture anyone currently at Super Middle or Light Heavyweight beating him. Sure he arm punches quite often, but he even makes those work for him. He has that type of style that can make anyone or everyone look bad.
    Me either.

I think it would have taken a prime RJJ to beat him. His Awkwardness, Speed, Balance, Defense, Footwork, and total punching arsenal is truly a gift. He may not be a big puncher, but he does not have to be.
    Yeah...a prime Jones would have gone toe to toe...but it wouldn't have been the shut out that everyone thinks. Everyone rips Joe's record of opponents...but Jones fought a shitload of no hopers too. Let Roy put his hands behind his back & stick his neck out like he did against some of those chumps with Joe...totally different story.

Don't get me wrong...I loved Roy & I still consider him one of my FOAT fighters...but a lot of Jones "SuperMan" aurra came from some carefully orchestrated matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More Kessler stuff from Denmark. He said that his hand did not bother him in the fight, but he said he lost his breath in the 6 round. He knew he had to hurt Calzaghe and he maybe had put to much power in his shots, but he is still puzzled that he didn't have the stamina. And the Bodyshot from "Slapper" really hurt him.

He has great respect for Calzaghe, so he is not crushed but will take a break for a couple of month, then look for a new fight.

He also said he wouldn't have given Calzaghe a rematch either , and yes Calzaghe really taught my guy a lesson.

Hope to see Kessler in big matches in 2008 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Extremely impressed with both fighters. Speaking of styles. JC's strength is his stamina. When Kessler was moving forward he was winning. The thing was that JC kept up such a fast pace that Kessler couldn't keep backing him up. Just great fitness level. As far as the matchup it was pretty even. JC just outworked him and set that blazing pace that Kessler couldn't consistently overcome. Occasionally he would turn it up and get ahead in the round, then he would get tired and JC would overtake him with his steady work rate.

Both guys had a great performance, just Joe's was better. I like BHop but I don't think he's active enough to beat JC right now. In the JT fights Bhop was throwing like 10punches a round. Don't see Joe beating him up and landing alot of clean punches, but he will win the decision on activity alone unless Bhop drastically changes his fight plan.

Great year for boxing and a great night with class act performances and nothing negative about either guy.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some people don't understand that the best style is having no real style at all... if you don't have a style, how can you beat it? -- Rob Lewis

BruceLee knows it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel ya babe.

I've thought that Calzaghe should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up on the P4P lists due to the fact that he's undefeated & keeps on winning...even being a Yank, I've felt that way...& that aint a popular view in the U.S.

I think Joe should get merits due to his dominance & once he moves up to 175 & beats either Johnson, Jones, Woods, Hopkins, Tarver, or Dawson...I'm curiuos to see what people will say then...because even with the Kessler win...there are still critics.

As good of a guy as Joe is...as great as he is for boxing...people still don't like him...but it is what it is.

Me either.

Yeah...a prime Jones would have gone toe to toe...but it wouldn't have been the shut out that everyone thinks. Everyone rips Joe's record of opponents...but Jones fought a shitload of no hopers too. Let Roy put his hands behind his back & stick his neck out like he did against some of those chumps with Joe...totally different story.

Don't get me wrong...I loved Roy & I still consider him one of my FOAT fighters...but a lot of Jones "SuperMan" aurra came from some carefully orchestrated matches.
    Good writeup Wacko3205..

that would be the case in most matchmaking to be honest.. match making is an art form in and of it self , give the illusion of greatness while keeping the cards stacked just right. However every now and then that Ace don't come off the bottom of the deck like you planned.. but it happens more often then not. got a match maker not in your favor or not educated in gauging dangerous opposition. , prepare to look up at the stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe stole my bicycle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i glad this fight happen because i was tired of all ya'll bitchin about the fight night happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    Extremely impressed with both fighters. Speaking of styles. JC's strength is his stamina. When Kessler was moving forward he was winning. The thing was that JC kept up such a fast pace that Kessler couldn't keep backing him up. Just great fitness level. As far as the matchup it was pretty even. JC just outworked him and set that blazing pace that Kessler couldn't consistently overcome. Occasionally he would turn it up and get ahead in the round, then he would get tired and JC would overtake him with his steady work rate.

Both guys had a great performance, just Joe's was better. I like BHop but I don't think he's active enough to beat JC right now. In the JT fights Bhop was throwing like 10punches a round. Don't see Joe beating him up and landing alot of clean punches, but he will win the decision on activity alone unless Bhop drastically changes his fight plan.

Great year for boxing and a great night with class act performances and nothing negative about either guy.

Ere ere .. well written bud....
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Agreed, Scrap - people have always derided Joe's technique, but they did that about Cassius Clay as well.

He really does have the gift of distance. His balance is wierd as well - he looks clumsy at times, but he is always perfectly positioned to slip and counter - I think kids could learn just by watching his footwork, which is truly exemplary.

Joe's special thing is his absolute stone cold professionalism - he is a winner and he knows when to raise his game and let it all hang out. Fighters can only go to the well so often in a career, and his longivety is due to his knowing exactly at what level he needs to fight (that's why people knock him, he fights to his opponents level and makes sure that he gets what he is there for ... a win)
    Thats a post i'll remember for a long time
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information