Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Please stop the nonsense with floyd mayweather

before you guys all start crying and complaining le tme say i think floyd is a great fighter but...and everyone is saying floyd would destroy cotto etc but please did floyd look great against delahoya, i thought if he beat delahoya he won it by the slightest of margins, people act like he looked awesome, i thought mosley would beat cotto (it was damn close) and you know sure as hell if you put a 27 year old mosley in their he would have wiped the floor against cotto (and possibly have beaten even floyd mayweather) I think mayweather would beat cotto but please this destroying nonsense giv eme a break floyd aint gonna do that, in fact i think hatton may have a super long shot at an upset if he swarms him for 12 rrounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Please stop the nonsense with floyd mayweather

Yeh that can be annoying. But what better way to analyse someones skills by comparing them to current p4p champ?.

"It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no rpoblem with anyalizing but mayweather would destroy cotto, come on the last fighter you could say mayweather destroyed was gatti

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    I have no rpoblem with anyalizing but mayweather would destroy cotto, come on the last fighter you could say mayweather destroyed was gatti
    That is not saying much because Gatti was also Destroyed by ODLH back in like 1961 lol and then a reality tv star came and destroyed Gatti too so I don't know or understand how this makes Floyd so great. He even cried after beating Gatti like he had just beat an undefeated fighter. What a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats my point, I think floyd is good but (oh hear come the flames) a tad overrated, if was to beat cotto id say floyd your the best of your generation no doubt but the fact is if he beat delahoya (to be honest i really thought it was tossup) he sill hasnt faced a good young challenger in his prime, but thats not floyds fault...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actually quite shocked when i saw many of your controversial posts this morning but with a CC:SC Ration of 60:129 I see ur just init for the controversy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    That is not saying much because Gatti was also Destroyed by ODLH back in like 1961 lol and then a reality tv star came and destroyed Gatti too so I don't know or understand how this makes Floyd so great. He even cried after beating Gatti like he had just beat an undefeated fighter. What a joke.
    1961, LMAO.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

before you guys all start crying and complaining le tme say i think floyd is a great fighter but...and everyone is saying floyd would destroy cotto etc but please did floyd look great against delahoya, i thought if he beat delahoya he won it by the slightest of margins, people act like he looked awesome, i thought mosley would beat cotto (it was damn close) and you know sure as hell if you put a 27 year old mosley in their he would have wiped the floor against cotto (and possibly have beaten even floyd mayweather) I think mayweather would beat cotto but please this destroying nonsense giv eme a break floyd aint gonna do that, in fact i think hatton may have a super long shot at an upset if he swarms him for 12 rrounds
    Im Mayweather fan and i get sick of these fan boys making silly Mayweather threads to annoy people it gives Mayweather fans like me a bad rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IceCold that exactly why i stop gettin on here. i am a huge PBF fan probably the biggest fan there is but people were just going PBF crazy on this forum. You have the complete PBF nuthugger who really don't know shit and the PBF haters who also don't really know shit.

Anyway i'm really starting to respect cotto. i think he would give PBF a good fight. i use to say PBF would KO cotto now i'm leaning toward a UD possibley a SD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    Anyway i'm really starting to respect cotto. i think he would give PBF a good fight. i use to say PBF would KO cotto now i'm leaning toward a UD possibley a SD.
    #160.

Good...now that's the kinda shit that a Floyd fan needs to be saying. I've followed Floyd from day one & after he battered Genaro Hernandez around the ring & then blasted out Manfredy...I knew that he was going to be something special.

The same goes for Cotto...been a fan since day one & after seeing him handle Justin Juuko on top of the other 20+ men that he hammered out...I knew that he was going to make waves.

While I think that Cotto will push Floyd from pillar to post & bang him the fuck up...I don't see him beating Floyd.

Floyd's a special kind of fighter in the fact that he just constantly peppers & methodically boxes circles around his man. Cotto's just the same...but instead of peppering & technically outworking someone...Cotto totally wears a man down & breaks him down piece by piece.

While both styles are different...they are equally exciting to both fan bases.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    IceCold that exactly why i stop gettin on here. i am a huge PBF fan probably the biggest fan there is but people were just going PBF crazy on this forum. You have the complete PBF fan who really don't know S*** and the PBF haters who also don't really know S***.

Well said mate. As Mayweather has perfected his elusive style, I do think that he can still get caught. He's got a decent chin, and the big question is whether any of the other fighters in the division can catch him often enough to put him in real trouble. Whilst I'm not convinced Cotto could do that, he'd certainly catch him once or twice, and I'd agree with your pick of a Mayweather UD, two or three rounds in it maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Mayweather doesn't destroy Cotto... Cotto is too quick, and Mayweather is too small for that to happen, but he could potentially give Cotto a boxing lesson, but once against Cotto has great timing and that jab which makes me doubt it. Against Dela Hoya, Mayweather beat him soundly, He won by 4 or 5 rounds which means he won 8 or 9 rounds out of 12... Now a lot of the rounds Mayweather won may have looked close while you were tanked or biased, but Oscar was hitting him, and Mayweather was countering accurately, and most importantly outlanding him by large margins. I think Oscar made it competitive, but he wasn't winning the rounds, and thats what would happen with Cotto, but it could be closer... Oscar is still faster than Cotto, but he doesn't have as good of timing or ability to connect so with that tradeoff it would be interesting to see.

What I don't agree with is that a younger Mosley would have done way better against Cotto... I think thats bs. Mosley was better in his prime, but not as much as many of you think. Mosley is a still a good fighter, and I think that this version of him would stack up pretty well against other versions of MOsley in terms of speed and power, and he has become a more skilled boxer along the way. I think Cotto gives any version of Mosley a great fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do find it funny how people are constantly picking Floyd to "destroy" guys at this level. It really hasn't happened since Gatti, he just outboxes people, puts on clinics, nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the notion that Floyd doesn't destroy people anymore. He talks a big game because he wants to sell tickets. He picks his shots and runs, not destroys his opponent. He avoids punches, controls the tempo, and never gives it up. If he told the truth in his promotional tours he would say "I'm gonna drive my opponent crazy by not letting him hit me, but half of that is cause i never trade. I never get tired, cause I never throw punches and I have such a high accuracy cause I wait for my opponent to fall asleep then pop him."

I'm not a hater or anything. I admire his skills and abilities, BUT, I don't like fighters who put on a show and come fight time, they do the opposite. If you want to hurt someone, GO AFTER THEM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Im Mayweather fan and i get sick of these fan boys making silly Mayweather threads to annoy people it gives Mayweather fans like me a bad rep.
    Nice one and very well put ice cold ... being curious or informative is good, wasting space ain't...
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Thread Information