Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compubox For Casamayor fight.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Compubox For Casamayor fight.

Well supposedly i just read that Cruz outlanded Casamayor in every round except the 1st round when they both landed 10 punches but Cruz overall landed 117 more punches and threw 300 more punches thoughts ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Compubox For Casamayor fight.

There should be some type of investigation for this fight. The judging is hard to justify.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow this really was a shock...For the past year all we've heard is how Casamayor wasn't getting enough recognition, how everyone was ducking him and how he was willing to fight anyone.
    I recognise that the fight mayy have been a classical display of ring rust, but still he lost that fight in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Well supposedly i just read that Cruz outlanded Casamayor in every round except the 1st round when they both landed 10 punches but Cruz overall landed 117 more punches and threw 300 more punches thoughts ??
    #1433. This may sound smart assed (believe you, me...it's not meant to be) but you don't need any compu-numbers to see that Cruz outlanded Casa...which is ridiculous to even say. Cruz aint all that...& Casa should blown through him like a 5lb turd hitting toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut
    There should be some type of investigation for this fight. The judging is hard to justify.
    #177. Agreed...but there won't be. This was just a set up for Casa vs Diaz...& you can bet your ass that somebody's bout to get paid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Wow this really was a shock...For the past year all we've heard is how Casamayor wasn't getting enough recognition, how everyone was ducking him and how he was willing to fight anyone.
    I hate to say this...but it wasn't that big of a shock to me as I have already stated (to much scrutiny) that Casa aint all that, has always been a dirty fighter, & is too far gone for the young bucks.

I recognise that the fight mayy have been a classical display of ring rust, but still he lost that fight in my eyes.
    #242. Totally agree. He lost...but ring rust or not...he lost the fight decisivley. He wasn't competitive at any point & it was against a fighter that's pretty much...I hate to say this...waaaaaaaaaaay below even HIS level.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wack your a generous man with the CC's so it's returned.
    He's niot the same fighter anymore, it's time to pack it up, altho i'm sure he won't wan't to be seen as running after such a close(wrong) call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching this and hearing the aftermath reminds me of Castillo/ N'goudjo. People made a lot of excuses for Castillo based on ring rust and lack of motivation and promised the old Castillo against Hatton. In reality, that performance was a harbinger of Castillo's utter destruction by Hatton.

In this case, it's only a few people who are giving Casa a pass for this (whereas lots of people made excuses for Castillo), but I saw what I saw. Sometimes a fighter gets old before your eyes, and that happened on Saturday with Casa just like it happened with Castillo against N'goudjo. He's dead meat when he fights a younger guy with talent like Juan Diaz or (god help him) Pacman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i knew casamayor wasn't that much. why is he the ring magazine champ ?? should be juan diaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wack your a generous man with the CC's so it's returned.
    Well...you all pretty much nailed this one down to a tee...so I really don't need to say much more do I?

If Wacko's anything...he's definently a generous fellar.

He's niot the same fighter anymore, it's time to pack it up, altho i'm sure he won't wan't to be seen as running after such a close(wrong) call.
    Now I got something more to say.

On top of being generous...Wacko aint biased either...so let me put aside my hate & put on me generous cap.

Again...I agree. Casa's definently not the same fighter that he was. While I really have never liked the man...he has had game at some point in the game. He's a good boxer...or was...& I would like him...had he not been such a dirty bastard inside the ring.

That being said...I aint sure that it's definently time to pack it up...but had things been on the up & up Saturday night...we'd be lookin at a new champ...& then after Diaz blasted thru Cruz...we'd pretty much be unified & in a hell of a lot better shape.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    i knew casamayor wasn't that much. why is he the ring magazine champ ?? should be juan diaz
    Based on previous opposition...pretty much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Santa Cruz looked better in that fight,worked on his waekness:his stamina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    yeah it was robbery

total landed Punches (Casamayor ) 129
    total landed Punches (Santa Cruz) 246

total punches thrown (Casamayor) 502
    total punches thrown ( Santa Cruz) 801

then you got the knockdown in favor of Santa Cruz... this was clean cut corruption. judges should be shot / the commision should be investigated..happens every time in New York and New Jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz is the best. Casa is a loser puppet champ. I already know how that fight will go, Casa cant last with that young lion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When this whole Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor calling out Pacquiao happened, I used to get nervous even thinking about Pac mixing it up with either of the two. After watching Casamayor last Saturday, I'm only afraid of Diaz now. Casamayor needs to shut his BIG mouth himself before Juan or Manny physically closes it for him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    thoughts ??
    Sorry to be pedantic but could you use some punctuation occasionally? The odd full stop and comma might make your posts readable!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A year off at 36 didn't do Casamayor any good. He was rusty and it showed. The win might of been a gift. But fuck it. He deserves it after being robbed out of 4 wins in his career.

Thread Information