Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone really want to see Oscar De La Hoya back in the mix at 147?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone really want to see Oscar De La Hoya back in the mix at 147?

Oscar is great for the sport but I want to see these young lions fight each other. Beating Oscar proves nothing at this point,it's just a $$$ fight which no-one can resist because Oscar flaunts himself around,saying he'll fight Hatton,Cotto,he wants a war bla bla bla bla.

I'd MUCH rather see Cotto-Floyd,Cotto-Hatton and Cotto v Tony,than an Oscar fight. Those aforementioned fights would either be more exciting or mean more.Oscar is not on a roll,he's part time fighter,he gasses in nearly all his fights,even after the sparring session with Floyd and has not won a fight decisively,Mayorga remitting,for a long time. I want to see some new stars emerge.So fuck off Oscar.

Stick to promoting,you're doing a good job of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone really want to see Oscar De La Hoya back in the mix at 147?

Isn't boxing/promoting conflict of interest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Tony fight Oscar to be honest. That way Tony can ruin him for good and Oscar will just stay a promoter and fashion designer.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see Oscar retire for good. He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights. I write him off as anything interesting right now. He fights so infrequently, that he will never make another impact in the sport.

He can make his money promoting. If he gives up on the promoting and becomes a full time fighter again, I could then potentially take him seriously again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah,he should give Tony a chance!!! And I agree,as I said,he is only a part time fighter,if that. He balloons in between fights so how he is going to make 147 is beyond me.He provides the "show" and brings the fans and the $$$,that's the only reason anyone wants to fight him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wud like 2 see oscar fight on, enough people at ww to go around!

oscar wud make cotto a better fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis
    wud like 2 see oscar fight on, enough people at ww to go around!

oscar wud make cotto a better fighter.

He would make him a more popular and richer fighter,don't know about better though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not a fan of the long phases of inactivity RE: Delahoya .. Oscar jumps in to mega fight just to make millions having rusted wheels, if he was active fighting 3 - 4 fights a years . I would be supportive.. However with this fight once a year mentality , being fatigued inside 5 rounds its for the fucking birds..

had Oscar been in active condition vs. Mayweather he would have won the match . He looked rusty as fuk in that Mayweather match,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah agreed,
    Oscar should stick to promoting. Although he still can fight and probably still hang with most of the younger fighters, he cannot continue fighting once per year. He will be rusty and he will probably loose all those fights. what will he gain?? nothing. i guess other fighters want the $$$ and perhaps the De La Hoya name on their records but its not the same anymore.
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is ironic about Oscar is that he is such a pay per view draw but such a disappointment in the ring. he fails to excite me. The last time I was excited by Oscar in the ring was when he picked his a** off the canvas and defeated Ike Quartey. That was so long ago. Just stick to promoting, Oscar. I am tired of wasting pay per view money on you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want oscar to retire, but he should stay at 154. The only fight I want to see him in is against Winky Wright. It's a money fight for both and should have been made a long time ago!

Thread Information