Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This is great : Calzaghe: Hopkins is all talk!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This is great : Calzaghe: Hopkins is all talk!

This is FANTASTIC!

Calzaghe: Hopkins is all talk!

Wednesday, November 14 2007 www.fightnews.com

"I'll give it to Ol' Popkins, he's the king of talk," says WBC/WBA/WBO super middleweight king Joe Calzaghe, who is hoping to line up a clash with "The Executioner" Berhard Hopkins next year. "He's boxing's version of Oprah Winfrey and they should give him his own TV show because he loves the sound of his own voice. The guy can talk forever but that's all he can do. How about putting a little bit of fighting behind those words? I guarantee that I will make him have a fight against me and not a stinker like the one against Winky Wright. He says he wants to fight me but does he really want to get an a-- kicking from me? Because that is what the man is going to get plain and simple. All I want is his name on my unblemished record with nice big W KO 6 next to it. I think that this time he won't be able to talk his way out of fighting me. TV want it, the public want it and the media want it. The only person who can stop it happening is Hopkins. I've told him I'll fight him anywhere, anytime, and I gladly accept his offer of a free facelift if I come to America. The only thing is, I will leave the ring as I enter it - the same good looking kid!"

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ulNRKDQwn.html

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This is great : Calzaghe: Hopkins is all talk!

I'm not interested in this fight. Hopkins bores the shit out of me these days. All his talk about face re-arranging is bollocks. These days, B-Hop would run from a carrot and try to win on the scorecards with fancy footwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    I'm not interested in this fight. Hopkins bores the shit out of me these days. All his talk about face re-arranging is bollocks. These days, B-Hop would run from a carrot and try to win on the scorecards with fancy footwork.
    I agree. He has never really been that exciting. I am a Bhop fan but Joe will not be KO'd and Hokins has no chance at winning a decision!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there is anyone hopkins can't beat, for years and years he has always found a way, maybe not the way we'd like but he does. I'd favor joe to win but give hopkins no chance or not be interested might be a little much. I see what the two posters before me we saying though.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    I don't think there is anyone hopkins can't beat, for years and years he has always found a way, maybe not the way we'd like but he does. I'd favor joe to win but give hopkins no chance or not be interested might be a little much. I see what the two posters before me we saying though.
    This is true. I just see Joes punches coing from everywhere... and hopkins of late is a one punch and get out guy with flurries coming few and far between... He will hit Joe and make joe miss but Joe will win a dec.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joe will win this by decision IF it ever goes ahead. Bernie is running though!

Unfortunately...it is the only viable option for Calzaghe at the moment. Hopkins is right...he needs that big American name on his record...and he is the only LH American 'recognised' champion out there!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Well he couldn't find a way against Taylor...two times.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information