Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones says Joe Calzaghe is afraid of Him; Wants Calzaghe Next

Roy Jones Jr. is busy these days training for his upcoming fight with Tito Trinidad. The fight will take place at New York’s famed Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008. According to quotes by Jones Jr. published by our friends at ***********.com, Jones Jr. is already thinking about his next fight, a fight with Joe Calzaghe.

Quoted by ***********.com, Jones Jr. stated: "I like to fight the best. From what I see, they think Joe Calzaghe is really good. After Tito, my magnet is going to be putting me towards that direction.”

Jones Jr. went on to add: “I'll go to England. They don't have to worry about where I come. They make it right and I'll go to England.”

Jones Jr. went on to tell the site thats the scene for boxing that he scares Calzaghe, something previous opponent Winky Wright could not achieve.

"He knows that he has to be right to fight me. Those other guys like Winky Wright didn't scare him. I scare him so he's got to be ready to fight me.”

“He's obviously been looking for the same thing as me: a reason to get up. Someone who is a threat to him.

“It’s going to be a big fireworks night. He's going to throw his and I'm going to throw mine and if one of them connects - something bad is going to happen.”

From the site thats the scene for boxing.

heres something for the jones fans

tito vs jones press

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fycV6...ad.php?t=28637

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones says Joe Calzaghe is afraid of Him; Wants Calzaghe Next

Sorry Roy your one of my favourites of all time. But Why?!?! bother trying to get a fight with Calzaghe? 1stly you would lose and i dont wanna see you get battered agen at this stage of your career! Secondly he hasnt got anything to prove, we all know in his hayday he was one of the most talented fighters EVER, he isnt that anymore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy apparently tried to make a fight with Joe it was all over other sites like btalk but for some reason the fight didn't happen. Wouldn't remember what it was, haven't been following boxing lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it is a bad thing to say, but I would much rather watch Joe vs. Roy than Joe vs. Bernard.

I have no interest in watching Bernard fight as to me, he is painful to watch. I think the Calzaghe VS. Jones matchup is simply more intriguing, even considering how much Jones has declined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Roy fought agressively and not scared like he has lately i think he could go alright against anyone. I'd still pick Joe to win tho.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sheesh, when Joe was the up-and-comer and roy was the big name he shot talk of any sort of a fight straight out of the water. Now he's the guy who's not the main event any more he's trying to get in on Joe's meal ticket, or at least drag some attention towards his sagging muscles and slowing handspeed.

Like cockey cockney said, Roy was a great fighter in his prime, one of the greatest ever, but he isn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jr
    Jones Jr. went on to add: “I'll go to England. They don't have to worry about where I come. They make it right and I'll go to England.”

Jones Jr. went on to tell the site thats the scene for boxing that he scares Calzaghe, something previous opponent Winky Wright could not achieve.

"He knows that he has to be right to fight me. Those other guys like Winky Wright didn't scare him. I scare him so he's got to be ready to fight me.”
    To me, when he says "They make it right" it means he's asking for a huge part of the purse, which one recent performances he just doesn't deserve anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only fight that needs to happen is Calzaghe against Hopkins, Roy isn't and shouldnt even be in the picture. I'm tired of his antics, after getting knocked twice, he still feels the urge to challenge the undefeated champ not even being to 5 in the weight class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Sheesh, when Joe was the up-and-comer and roy was the big name he shot talk of any sort of a fight straight out of the water. Now he's the guy who's not the main event any more he's trying to get in on Joe's meal ticket, or at least drag some attention towards his sagging muscles and slowing handspeed.

Like cockey cockney said, Roy was a great fighter in his prime, one of the greatest ever, but he isn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jr

To me, when he says "They make it right" it means he's asking for a huge part of the purse, which one recent performances he just doesn't deserve anymore.

Actually Roy said in an interview that he'd let Joe have the bigger purse if it came down to that and offered him that as well, and Calzaghe didnt want it.

Thats where this Calzaghe is afraid of me stuff comes from.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

47 year old roy jones > any calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

Actually Roy said in an interview that he'd let Joe have the bigger purse if it came down to that and offered him that as well, and Calzaghe didnt want it.

Thats where this Calzaghe is afraid of me stuff comes from.
    Really?

What source was that?

When was that? I’d love to read that or see that on video.

I’ve been a Roy fan since before I can remember & the same goes for Joe…while I am sure that I have missed some articles & interviews here & there…I like to think that I would have seen that.

Anywho…see if you can dig that up…I would love to read that.

If it’s fact…I am sure that it came from Joe & was not a joint statement…in other words…I’m sure that there’s no print from Joe on that note.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    47 year old roy jones > any calzaghe
    Dude....you're....Ah fuck it. No point trying to convince a lemming that it's probably best he doesn't jump off that cliff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy dont look to bad, he looks pretty full and has decent color. Hope he stays that way and dosent get gaunt and weight drained.

If Jones dispatches Tito in dazzling fashion like I fully expect, then you will more than likely see a fight with Calzaghe mid spring 2008.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh if only this fight took place several years ago. Jones would have put on a clinic and make Calzaghe look like an ordinary Joe. But at this point in his career...Roy is a shell of his former self. I wish he would just retire and leave us with memories of his incredible ability instead of being a sideshow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait for this fight, I pick Trinidad by Knock out. Jones looks a little scared
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Roy dont look to bad, he looks pretty full and has decent color. Hope he stays that way and dosent get gaunt and weight drained.

If Jones dispatches Tito in dazzling fashion like I fully expect, then you will more than likely see a fight with Calzaghe mid spring 2008.
    A fight with RJJ as a keep-busy bout until a summer clash with Hopkins? I'm sure Roy will just love that....

Thread Information