Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye next great heavyweight champion

Haye will establish himself as a heavyweight in the next few years and when he is ready he will unify the titles and become the next hevayweight champion since Lewis. Discuss.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye next great heavyweight champion

Im not so sure without seeing him at heavy first. His speed and power could be used so much better I know that much.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For starters I think the word 'Great' get's thrown around a little too easily around here.

Greatness is pretty hard to measure I mean Wlad has a better chance at becomig a great BUT even his chances are very slim.
    I think Haye can be one of the best Cruisers of his time, but you know how long of a rode he still has to cover until we start speaking of him as a 'great'?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Haye will establish himself as a heavyweight in the next few years and when he is ready he will unify the titles and become the next hevayweight champion since Lewis. Discuss.
    It's tough. Haye has often said in interviews that he has no interest in unification or defences. It's WBC and out for him. I'm wondering if he's having second thoughts on this though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes got two options move up to heavyweight and go hell for leather in each fight. if he hits someone he knocks them out.

his other option is to struggle to make 200lb and end up getting knocked out because he is weight weakened.

the heavyweight division is weak at the moment and he could dominate.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much like how Floyd Mayweather is destined for greatness through a much guided career, I feel Haye could attain similar achievements.

If he stayes away from the +235's he'll be as successfull as he wants to be
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think that Haye could be the recognised Heavyweight Champion.

He can bang...I don't think his chin is that bad...but he does need to work on his defence.

Haye's style is to soften you up with the body shots and then grind down your defence. This will work well in Heavys and I say he is good enough to unify the division.

I'm genuinly excited about Haye!! And...he is fooking marketable! VERY IMPORTANT

He could be the guy to bring the Heavy's back into the limelight...no pressure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nope
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoogie
    Much like how Floyd Mayweather is destined for greatness through a much guided career, I feel Haye could attain similar achievements.

If he stayes away from the +235's he'll be as successfull as he wants to be

Than he'll never fight anybody of note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    For starters I think the word 'Great' get's thrown around a little too easily around here.

Greatness is pretty hard to measure I mean Wlad has a better chance at becomig a great BUT even his chances are very slim.
    I think Haye can be one of the best Cruisers of his time, but you know how long of a rode he still has to cover until we start speaking of him as a 'great'?

Exactly...time will tell,but I doubt it(the greatness thing)...Haye as a heavyweight will be similiar to Herbie Hide...
    But we will see...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Haye's promoter?...He has not even had a HW fight yet and your saying he will unify when he is ready?....First of all the gatekeepers Rahman, Ruiz, McCline, Brewster to name a few will not let him by that easy...Haye has yet to face guys who hit like they do...then there are the up and comers...Chambers, Dimitrienko, and Thompson...who are not going to let a CW just slide on by with out something to say about it...add the Russian giant Valuev who wants a belt back...the European veterns like Williams, and Skelton who would like to have a big money fight with a champion...Ibragimov, Chagaev are slick guys who when measured up size wise are the same as Haye give or take an inch....Sam Peter who hits like a freight train....

Do you think Haye just walks through these guys?.......

and if he somehow did by chance there is Wlad who more then likely bangs harder then the lot!!!!!......And If Vitaly returned withjin the next 6 months ( a big IF) I certainly do not see Haye getting past him...and even with Hayes power he has zero chance of KOing Vitaly.....Sorry to pop your bubble but the division is not just waiting foir David Haye to come and slap them all senseless and take the belts at his leisure

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn

Are you Haye's promoter?...He has not even had a HW fight yet and your saying he will unify when he is ready?....First of all the gatekeepers Rahman, Ruiz, McCline, Brewster to name a few will not let him by that easy...Haye has yet to face guys who hit like they do...then there are the up and comers...Chambers, Dimitrienko, and Thompson...who are not going to let a CW just slide on by with out something to say about it...add the Russian giant Valuev who wants a belt back...the European veterns like Williams, and Skelton who would like to have a big money fight with a champion...Ibragimov, Chagaev are slick guys who when measured up size wise are the same as Haye give or take an inch....Sam Peter who hits like a freight train....

and if he somehow did by chance there is Wlad who more then likely bangs harder then the lot!!!!!......And If Vitaly returned withjin the next 6 months ( a big IF) I certainly do not see Haye getting past him...and even with Hayes power he has zero chance of KOing Vitaly.....Sorry to pop your bubble but the division is not just waiting foir David Haye to come and slap them all senseless and take the belts at his leisure

Agreed with most of it,but Hayes had a HW fight against Tomasz Bonin before the Mormeck fight...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss

Agreed with most of it,but Hayes had a HW fight against Tomasz Bonin before the Mormeck fight...

Bonin is not a slick punching HW or even near contender or journeyman status....His highest profile bout was a loss to Fraudly ...Bonin was fightinf six rounders a year ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bonin is not a slick punching HW or even near contender or journeyman status....His highest profile bout was a loss to Fraudly ...Bonin was fightinf six rounders a year ago....

Yeah I know,but still he is a HW and since you said Haye didn't even have a HW fight yet...
    I just wanted to split some hairs...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss

Yeah I know,but still he is a HW and since you said Haye didn't even have a HW fight yet...
    I just wanted to split some hairs...

My Mistake...Haye has not had a fight against a legit heavyweight yet

Thread Information