Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BS! Cintron injured. Not fighting Williams. What a crock!

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default BS! Cintron injured. Not fighting Williams. What a crock!

Last update: 11-29-2007
    Read more by Main Events
    Williams Bout is Off, Injury Sidelines Cintron

Editor's Note: Cintron had a tentative unification bout with WBO champion Paul Williams scheduled for Feb. 2. Williams will now have to find another opponent for the HBO televised card.

TOTOWA, NJ – IBF Welterweight Champion Kermit Cintron suffered severe ligament damage to his right hand in his successful Nov 23 title defense against Jesse Feliciano, it was announced today by Main Events CEO Kathy Duva. Reading, PA orthopedic surgeon Dr. R. Scott Cook has advised Kermit that he should not engage in any boxing matches until March 1.

Cintron (29-1, 27 KO’s) injured his right hand in the first round of his Nov 23 bout against Feliciano. Despite the intense pain—which Cintron made evident when he dropped to the canvas following the bout—the champion battled on for 10 rounds before stopping the granite-chinned Feliciano with a two-fisted barrage at the 1:53 mark of round 10.

“I’m disappointed that I injured my hand, but I’m going to do whatever the doctor says because I’m eager to get back into the ring and unify the welterweight title,” said Cintron.

“Kermit will take the time necessary to heal his hand,” said Duva. “We will not run the risk of him entering the ring and injuring his hand further.”

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BS! Cintron injured. Not fighting Williams. What a crock!

Well if it really is injured he can't fight. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he seems an ambitious fighter. Let him take some time off to rest and then get back maybe late spring or early summer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems a bit harsh to criticise when he made itquite clear that he felt he was injured, and unless you have scans to prove otherwise, how do you know its a crock?

ANSWER: You dont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Seems a bit harsh to criticise when he made itquite clear that he felt he was injured, and unless you have scans to prove otherwise, how do you know its a crock?

English not being my native langauge I have to ask...whats a crock...first I thought he misspelled it
    and meant cock...then I thought maybe crocodile,but didn't make sense either...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

SigmaMu Guest

He went to the doctors last week and they told him there was nothing wrong with his hand.

CutMeMick! What are your thoughts on this one?

BTW. Crock is short for Crock of Shiet.

Used to describe a phony or false thing or someone who is a sham.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still doesnt explain crock...is that like crockpot, a crockpot full of shizzle. Back to the subject, I didnt see the fight, but that kid Feliciano has a head made of rock. Kermit better be 100% if he even wants to contend with Williams. The fact that Cintron didnt get Jesse out early doesnt bode well for him, I thought he would be too much technically to even let Feliciano hit him but apparently he wasn't.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Still doesnt explain crock...is that like crockpot, a crockpot full of shizzle. Back to the subject, I didnt see the fight, but that kid Feliciano has a head made of rock. Kermit better be 100% if he even wants to contend with Williams. The fact that Cintron didnt get Jesse out early doesnt bode well for him, I thought he would be too much technically to even let Feliciano hit him but apparently he wasn't.
    Well said mate, that's exactly how I feel about Cintron....he's got time ahead in his career, so no need to take risks with dodgy hands. As for crock of sh*t....I'm not even sure what type of pot a crockpot is.

Tick-tock-tick

It seems to be a sort of cooking pot with a vented lid for baking savoury food. Maybe there was some incident where the man of a historical house used a crock to go on one freezing evening when he didn't want to go out to the toilet at the bottom of the garden. This was subsequently baked and served....thus....a crock of sh*t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better to sit out now then fight williams and cry about and injured hand later...
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fine by me, let Margarito/Williams II take place. Cintron can disappear for all I care; he won't hang with PW, Tony or Cotto and especially Mayweather. Let him fight Berto or Zab on undercards.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Websters define Crock as

crock1 /krɒk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krok] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. an earthenware pot, jar, or other container.
    2. a fragment of earthenware; potsherd.

Hope this helps you Fukers out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said mate, that's exactly how I feel about Cintron....he's got time ahead in his career, so no need to take risks with dodgy hands. As for crock of sh*t....I'm not even sure what type of pot a crockpot is.

Tick-tock-tick

It seems to be a sort of cooking pot with a vented lid for baking savoury food. Maybe there was some incident where the man of a historical house used a crock to go on one freezing evening when he didn't want to go out to the toilet at the bottom of the garden. This was subsequently baked and served....thus....a crock of sh*t.
    You know...I'm not a massive Cintron fan...but he does take a lot of criticism on this forum.

Honestly...if he weren't injured in his last fight...he sure as shit knew how to sell it.

As far as not being able to TKO Feliciano...every dog has his day. Knockout or not...Cintron won...Cintron has knocked out plenty of other fellars out there...so I'd be apt to cut him a bit of slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Better to sit out now then fight williams and cry about and injured hand later...
    If he's the slightest bit injured...& I believe that he was...then it would be better to sit it out.

Williams aint no joke...& I'd probably pick him over Cintron anyways...whether Margarito said that he wasn't prepared or whatever excuse he came up with...he still lost...& quite convincingly. That is what wouldn't bode well for Cintron, IWHO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now he can do the right thing and rematch Margarito i mean Margarito is the champion why can he not get the rematch like everyone else does.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Williams will give Tony another shot. Its funny noone want to fight either of them still, maybe they should just fight each other for the rest of their careers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Williams will give Tony another shot. Its funny noone want to fight either of them still, maybe they should just fight each other for the rest of their careers...
    If Tony can get a win in a rematch would set up an interesting trilogy for sure.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing that nags me Legion is that why would not rematch for his next fight when Margarito was the champion and it was a close fight and then Pual wants to fight the guy who Margarito destroyed it seems like a waste of time when you really think about it.

Thread Information