Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Diaz vs. Michael Katsidis likely on Jan 26th

Michael Katsidis' trainer & manger Brendan Smith, says the proposed fight between the Australian and WBO/WBA/WBC unified lightweight champion Juan Diaz is slated to headline an HBO televised card on January 26. Diaz will receive 80% of the purse split and Golden Boy will promote after winning the purse bid.

B O X I N G S C E N E are reporting it. I've rewritten it so the fuckers don't complain.

This will be a great fight, but there is no match at Lightweight for my boy Diaz. He is superb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz vs. Michael Katsidis likely on Jan 26th

This won't even be a good fight, Diaz completely outclasses Katsidis IMO.

Katsidis is strong, and has a lot of heart and determination, but lets face it he had his hands completely full with Amonsot last time out.

Diaz carves him up and stops him inside of 8. This will be Mayweather/Gatti while it lasts.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Bz...
    I actually disagree with Greig...
    Juan Diaz is nowhere near Mayweather in terms of style or skill, in fact he far more closely resembles Katsidis than Floyd!
    He's a pressure fighter who throws a hell of a load so itl be a war while it lasts, but i think Diaz in an attritional battle, unless by Grace of God Katsidis catches a break.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though I have only watched him fight a few times Katsidis becoming 1 of favorate fighters to watch.

His fight on the last Hopkins card was the nights high light.
    Balls

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Even though I have only watched him fight a few times Katsidis becoming 1 of favorate fighters to watch.

His fight on the last Hopkins card was the nights high light.
    It was, but throwing lots of little punches and knacking himself out showed a sign of inexperience. When you have a fighter in trouble, you should pick your punches a little better.

It's hard not to be a fan of either guy. Diaz is fucking awesome though. I have him in my top 10 P4P no problem and he's one of my top 3 favourite fighters.

ICB Guest

Alot of people are excited about this fight but im not that excited even though im a fan of both, it will be one sided beating for Katsidis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Alot of people are excited about this fight but im not that excited even though im a fan of both, it will be one sided beating for Katsidis.
    I love both fighters...but I honestly believe that it'll be a bit less one sided than you think ICE.

That's just me though.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I love both fighters...but I honestly believe that it'll be a bit less one sided than you think ICE.

That's just me though.
    Katsidis is exciting no doubt but he has shown major flaws against lesser opponents, that an elite fighter like Diaz will be able to take advantage of in a big way. Diaz's handspeed will be too much for Katsidis and he will be stopped in the later rounds but he will be stopped on his feet and going out on his shield like the warrior he is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

diaz doesn't hit hard but he hits often, that should bother kat but kat may crack open juan at some point. its not like juan has any defence, kat is sure to dish out a lot of his own arsenal as well. he may even avoid fighting fire with fire and try to keep a distant to box juan before he ever gets close enough to dish out his all out outputs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be an entertaining fight to watch, but I think the longer it goes the more it will be in Juan's favor; his output is crazy, and Kats is a little too willing to get hit at times. Juan doesn't have the power per say, but he hits a guy everywhere and never lets up his crazy pace. Kats could hurt him, but I think Juan is a rugged enough guy to take this to a UD, or even a stoppage as Kats cuts and will get cut by Juan. This is a fight I have wanted to see and I'm looking forward to it.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's just me though.
    Katsidis is exciting no doubt but he has shown major flaws against lesser opponents, that an elite fighter like Diaz will be able to take advantage of in a big way. Diaz's handspeed will be too much for Katsidis and he will be stopped in the later rounds but he will be stopped on his feet and going out on his shield like the warrior he is.
    Okay...here's where I'm at with this.

Diaz is an accumulative fighter...basically never stops throwing. Katsidis is a pressure fighter with more heart than he's got brains.

Neither have a defense worth a shit.

Juan's defense is basically his offense.

I think that Katsidis will get in close & beat Diaz up pretty badly...but not badly enough to knock him out or down. On the other hand...Katsidis's chin is sturdy & if his ass hits the mat...his heart (not his head) will bring him back up.

While accumulation may be the key to stopping Katsidis...it won't be easy...nor will it come with out a price.

Katsidis aint as much of a one trick pony as he seems...he just needs to use his head instead of his heart & we could have one hell of a fight in front of us.

I'm still leaning on Diaz though.

I will NEVER bet against him.

NEVER.

...as long as we don't see Guzman on the same line of a poster as Diaz.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius "Marvelous" Rain
    diaz doesn't hit hard but he hits often, that should bother kat but kat may crack open juan at some point. its not like juan has any defence, kat is sure to dish out a lot of his own arsenal as well. he may even avoid fighting fire with fire and try to keep a distant to box juan before he ever gets close enough to dish out his all out outputs.
    Good post. Basically the way that I see it.

Juan's defense is his offense.

As long as Katsidis stays on him (maybe keeps it outta the center & on the ropes) & keeps from back peddalling he may have a shot...but only at making a good fight.

Diaz by SD.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised at the divergence of views here. I think Katsidis is one of the several over-rated fighters, while on the other hand, Diaz is one of the under-rated ones. Though definitely not the best defensive fighter, Diaz does use his gloves pretty well to cover his face, while Katsidis? let's not talk about it. I think the frightening amount and frequency of punches Diaz throws will overwhelm Katsidis in the end. TKO for Diaz.

NEVER.
    All right, let me just add one more:

N E V E R - in CAPITAL letters!!!

IMO, Diaz is one of the very few fighters now with that special 'something' in him, though how complete a boxer he is still remains to be seen.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by penalosafan
    Surprised at the divergence of views here. I think Katsidis is one of the several over-rated fighters, while on the other hand, Diaz is one of the under-rated ones. Though definitely not the best defensive fighter, Diaz does use his gloves pretty well to cover his face, while Katsidis? let's not talk about it. I think the frightening amount and frequency of punches Diaz throws will overwhelm Katsidis in the end. TKO for Diaz.

NEVER.
    All right, let me just add one more:

N E V E R - in CAPITAL letters!!!

IMO, Diaz is one of the very few fighters now with that special 'something' in him, though how complete a boxer he is still remains to be seen.

Spot on totally agree cc.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a huge Diaz fan, I'm biased as all hell but I think he breaks Katsidis down, probably stops him on cuts. I actually disagree a bit with you Wacko, Diaz isn't some defensive maestro but he keeps a pretty high guard and he's got some head movement, for a guy that's constantly in punching range he doesn't get hit that much, he's not totally wide open like some pressure fighters. He can be caught in between punches when he's throwing combos but he's quick enough that he usually gets away with it.

I just don't see Katsidis as the type to beat Diaz, I worry about Diaz fighting a guy who uses good movement, is disciplined and doesn't let Diaz impose his type of style on him. Sure Katsidis has a puncher's chance and we might see how Diaz fights going backwards if Katsidis can push him back but I'm pretty confident Diaz wins this.

Thread Information