Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Donaire Vs Mijares

I really like both guys, but is there any better fight to be made in the lowerweight class then these two? I love what mijares did to arce and I love what donaire did to darchinian. What do you guys think, who will win? I think mijares can capitolize on donaires young age. It would be a great fight though, hopefully we can see it this coming year 2008.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire Vs Mijares

Fernando Montiel beats them both

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im picking Donaire in that one if it happens, he's got the reach and wont be outboxed like Arce was. Plus he has great power at that weight class, Maldanado has a decent chin.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    I really like both guys, but is there any better fight to be made in the lowerweight class then these two? I love what mijares did to arce and I love what donaire did to darchinian. What do you guys think, who will win? I think mijares can capitolize on donaires young age. It would be a great fight though, hopefully we can see it this coming year 2008.
    Good matchup Julius...
    Two very active fighters with very good output and like to throw but then again mix it up with the sweet science.

I'd favor Nonito due to the harder & cleaner punching, but I also think that Mijares skills are slightly better then Nonitos just sloightly tho not by much. Nonitos fought at Super Fly. and he seems to be making the 112 mark OK at least we haven't heard anything from him or his camp. So there are some very interesting matchups there for him also. I'd like to 1st see him fight Naito then maybe Sakata but mainly I'd like to see him fight Naito.
    Matchups at 115 Munoz, Montiel & a all out Philpino battle between Nonito and Gorres.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Good matchup Julius...
    Two very active fighters with very good output and like to throw but then again mix it up with the sweet science.

I'd favor Nonito due to the harder & cleaner punching, but I also think that Mijares skills are slightly better then Nonitos just sloightly tho not by much. Nonitos fought at Super Fly. and he seems to be making the 112 mark OK at least we haven't heard anything from him or his camp. So there are some very interesting matchups there for him also. I'd like to 1st see him fight Naito then maybe Sakata but mainly I'd like to see him fight Naito.
    Matchups at 115 Munoz, Montiel & a all out Filpino battle between Nonito and Gorres.
    I don't think nonito is having a hard time making weight. he can definitely move back up when he wants or down though. I'd like to see him and Munoz at 115 too and I'm still hoping to see Montiel vs Gorres rematch even though I do think Montiel defeated gorres convincingly enough and he hurted gorres a few times.

Munoz will be a tough test for Nonito, even though nonito shows great skills i'm still not completely sold on how great he can be. His only about 25 years and only nearly 20 pro fights. nonito doesn't have the backyard brawls the rest of the Filipino Fighters go through. With all those heavy handed war in asia, and the confrontation all Filipino fighters dish out on eachother. Him and viloria are very americanize its not a bad think but imo it makes them a lot less hungry, unlike the starve bad asses most filipino fighters are.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Koki Kameda-Nonito Donaire would be an outstanding match up

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo is still the best fighter at 115 IMO, I'd love to see him fight Montiel! I think Donaire/ Sakata would be a great scrap!

As for Donaire/ Mijares I think Donaire wins
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight Rains. I'd favour Mijares because of his experience but Donaire seems to be getting more and more impressive. I really didn't see him stopping Maldnoado so not only can he box but he appears to pack a punch too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Fernando Montiel beats them both
    he barely got by gorres and got floored by melendez(who is melendez)i think maybe he might get past donaire if they fight now. but he needs to outpoint mijares which is not his style.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Good fight Rains. I'd favour Mijares because of his experience but Donaire seems to be getting more and more impressive. I really didn't see him stopping Maldnoado so not only can he box but he appears to pack a punch too!
    yea bRo, donaire suprise me yesterday too by knocking out maldonado. I thought it'll be a very tough 12 rounder, i was more suprise he knocked him out then him knocking out darchinian.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nonito doesn't have the backyard brawls the rest of the Filipino Fighters go through. With all those heavy handed war in asia, and the confrontation all Filipino fighters dish out on eachother.
    And this is good, this means he hasnt tooken too many blows to the head. I mean think about it look at Boom Boom stupid people are already writing him off and damaged goods. So if you really analize this, Nonito is doing well for himself hes boxing smart and he's not getting hit with big shots. I think he took one or two against Vic but that's about it.

Him and viloria are very americanize its not a bad think but imo it makes them a lot less hungry, unlike the starve bad asses most filipino fighters are.
    Come Julius you can't be saying this man... Your supposse to support your people man. What leads you to believe that hes not hungry for it? I mean he just did something that really NOBODY thought he could do which was KO Vic and I mean KTFO!! Vic.
    The kids very humble and all you have to do is hear him speak to know that he has a good mind set and has his priorities straight.
    I see him as a top dog for a good time to come. I think Nonitos humble and is as hungry as any fighter that's directly from the mean streets of PI.
    Viloria, I don't know what the hell happened there all that talent and he just can't seem to get it together for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally really like Donaire and he is a pleasure to watch and listen to. Very well grounded kid who seems very humble and I look forward to watching him more in the future. Seems like he could have applied more pressure last night with Maldonado and maybe finished it sooner{all credit to Maldo}, but good guy for the sport IMO.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nonito doesn't have the backyard brawls the rest of the Filipino Fighters go through. With all those heavy handed war in asia, and the confrontation all Filipino fighters dish out on eachother.
    And this is good, this means he hasnt tooken too many blows to the head. I mean think about it look at Boom Boom stupid people are already writing him off and damaged goods. So if you really analize this, Nonito is doing well for himself hes boxing smart and he's not getting hit with big shots. I think he took one or two against Vic but that's about it.

Him and viloria are very americanize its not a bad think but imo it makes them a lot less hungry, unlike the starve bad asses most filipino fighters are.
    Come Julius you can't be saying this man... Your supposse to support your people man. What leads you to believe that hes not hungry for it? I mean he just did something that really NOBODY thought he could do which was KO Vic and I mean KTFO!! Vic.
    The kids very humble and all you have to do is hear him speak to know that he has a good mind set and has his priorities straight.
    I see him as a top dog for a good time to come. I think Nonitos humble and is as hungry as any fighter that's directly from the mean streets of PI.
    Viloria, I don't know what the hell happened there all that talent and he just can't seem to get it together for some reason.
    i guess your right, i shouldn't be hard on nonito just cause viloria dissapointed. Nonito is different from brian, nonito never gets tired of throwing and he doesn't hesitate at all.

Mick your a smart man, i should of thought the way you did. I guess not going through the hardship of most filipino fighters go through does him good as in save him from taking the punishment filipino fighters are tested with. Since viloria, theirs this saying within fino's that americanize fino fighters are soft. i shouldn't have been carried by that myth, its unfair to nonito and even to brian. If you see the battles between fino fighters in the philippines though, they take away the weak and seperate the elites. I'm sure you guys have the same test in mexico. A pleasure to watch, very aggressive starve fighters fighting for glory.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i guess your right, i shouldn't be hard on nonito just cause viloria dissapointed. Nonito is different from brian, nonito never gets tired of throwing and he doesn't hesitate at all.

Mick your a smart man, i should of thought the way you did. I guess not going through the hardship of most filipino fighters go through does him good as in save him from taking the punishment filipino fighters are tested with. Since viloria, theirs this saying within fino's that americanize fino fighters are soft. i shouldn't have been carried by that myth, its unfair to nonito and even to brian. If you see the battles between fino fighters in the philippines though, they take away the weak and seperate the elites. I'm sure you guys have the same test in mexico. A pleasure to watch, very aggressive starve fighters fighting for glory.
    There you go Julius...
    You gotta show the support man... Hey if you guys don't want Nonito we'll baptize him as Mexican we'll take anyone in here seems lately our champions have gone missing like blonde college girls on spring break.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There you go Julius...
    You gotta show the support man... Hey if you guys don't want Nonito we'll baptize him as Mexican we'll take anyone in here seems lately our champions have gone missing like blonde college girls on spring break.
    haha only if you guys let us baptize isreal vazquez, we love isreal man!!!

ooh yea you wanted an all out filipino battle. Heres a filipino rivalry thats been building up for a while now.

Donaire vs Viloria. seems like Brian wants a piece of Nonito.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qefSCDS0qjw&feature=related

Thread Information