Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gonna Have Fun And Create some Unnecessary Controversy

Everyone knows Pac is not a favorite of mine, I have no idea or anygood reason, I just am not naturally inclined to root for him.

On the other hand besides being a devote Lacy fan I am a ginormous Mayweather fan and love his style, technical mastery and discipline

BUT

in light of Pac vs JMM, if Pac wins and If Mayweather didnt fight Hatton a PFP fighter and chose a Cintron or Margarito or someone not PFP I would humbly agree with the darkside of the forum and admit Pac was PFP#1 in the world.

To me its funny how stuff gets sorted out sometimes and how things change so fast, if Pac wins regardless you can almost make an argument that there are 2 PFP#1 fighters in the world, I dont know who makes the rules but why the hell not, why cant you have 2?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gonna Have Fun And Create some Unnecessary Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Everyone knows Pac is not a favorite of mine, I have no idea or anygood reason, I just am not naturally inclined to root for him.

On the other hand besides being a devote Lacy fan I am a ginormous Mayweather fan and love his style, technical mastery and discipline

BUT

in light of Pac vs JMM, if Pac wins and If Mayweather didnt fight Hatton a PFP fighter and chose a Citron or Margarito or someone not PFP I would humbly agree with the darkside of the forum and admit Pac was PFP#1 in the world.

To me its funny how stuff gets sorted out sometimes and how things change so fast, if Pac wins regardless you can almost make an argument that there are to PFP#1 fighters in the world, I dont know who makes the rules but why the hell not, why cant you have 2?
    Gonna Have Fun And Create some Unnecessary Controversy

well that doesn't sound like you

and in answer to your question....

How can you be number 1 when there are 2 of you?

actually that isn't an answer....it's a question. Maybe i should start my own thread...hmmm
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know me Yoko I dont like to stir the pot Well alright maybe a little without the symantics and mincing of words I think you get my drift, and like I said I dont like Pac so I have nothing to gain in this from a fans standpoint but at the same time I think it begs to question

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regardless who floyd fights from now on end, his going to have to really compete to keep that statues.

Pacman schedule:

March= Marquez for 130 title. this is pacs 6th division and 24lbs above where he began.

July= 135 title david or juan, more likely david first but eventually pac will go after juan too. Pacs 7th division and 30lbs above where he began.

September= Oscar!!!!!!!?? Where in the world in weight will this happen? welterweight! that will be like pacs 10th division??!!?

Floyds schedule:

December 2007= Hatton at 147 just floyds 4th division and only 17lbs above the weight he began.

2008=??

Floyd will need to go back to 154 at his 5th division or he'll have to go through the warriors of welterweight and beat them. COTTO SHANE WILLIAMS MARGARITO!!!!!!.

Skillwise floyd fans will still argue his superior but his not demonstrating that against guys like the great fighters pac go through. I Remember how much the critics said pac will never be more than a one demensional brawler, but look how he outboxed and outgunned mab. Jmm is said to be one of the greatest technician in the game but he couldn't beat mab as convincingly as pac did. Ooh and DO NOT BE SUPRISE PAC OUTBOXING JMM COME MARCH. yes i said it here too, PAC OUTBOXING JMM!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know me Yoko I dont like to stir the pot Well alright maybe a little without the symantics and mincing of words I think you get my drift, and like I said I dont like Pac so I have nothing to gain in this from a fans standpoint but at the same time I think it begs to question
    well thats true.....

but anyways.....yeh floyd had to fight a p4p'er to keep his spot.

i mean he is the most talented without question, but you still need to display that talent against the best competition.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta to bump this feel like more of you should weigh in

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P4P is not something that's based on your previous performance or opponent. If that was the case when Pac fought Solis he would have dropped in the rankings as Solis was no one of notice.

PBF is #1 because of what hes done + what he is doing now.
    When you've never lost a fight in your career and you keep racking up titles like that it's hard to argue the P4P status.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd actually say Manny is more likely to drop than to compete with Floyd's p4p number 1 spot.

I like Manny, he's an exciting fighter but I don't consider him remotely close to Floyd in terms of p4p status.

Manny has lost fights, several, he's been knocked out, twice I think. He's technically limited as well.

Floyd on the other hand is unbeaten, he's never even been legitimately knocked down let alone out and technically he's the best fighter on the planet bar none.

He's beaten some of the best names in boxing, and in the cases of Corales, Castillo and soon to be Hatton he's beaten them in their primes.

Manny hasn't beaten a prime great fighter yet. The Morales and Barrera wins were impressive but not something that other fghters hadn't already done to them before.

Corrales was unbeaten when Floyd completely and utterly dominated him, Jesus Chavez was in his prime as well.

Floyd is p4p number 1 all the way for me, even without the Hatton fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    P4P is not something that's based on your previous performance or opponent. If that was the case when Pac fought Solis he would have dropped in the rankings as Solis was no one of notice.

PBF is #1 because of what hes done + what he is doing now.
    When you've never lost a fight in your career and you keep racking up titles like that it's hard to argue the P4P status.
    and I thank you for joining the discussion

again Mick you know I think Floyd walks on water, but if Pac beats JMM than he is within a C&^t hair from being where Floyd is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'd actually say Manny is more likely to drop than to compete with Floyd's p4p number 1 spot.

I like Manny, he's an exciting fighter but I don't consider him remotely close to Floyd in terms of p4p status.

Manny has lost fights, several, he's been knocked out, twice I think. He's technically limited as well.

Floyd on the other hand is unbeaten, he's never even been legitimately knocked down let alone out and technically he's the best fighter on the planet bar none.

He's beaten some of the best names in boxing, and in the cases of Corales, Castillo and soon to be Hatton he's beaten them in their primes.

Manny hasn't beaten a prime great fighter yet. The Morales and Barrera wins were impressive but not something that other fghters hadn't already done to them before.

Corrales was unbeaten when Floyd completely and utterly dominated him, Jesus Chavez was in his prime as well.

Floyd is p4p number 1 all the way for me, even without the Hatton fight.
    I hear you and I appreciate you weighing in, have a for joining the discussion

Maybe I am overcompensating and trying to be more objective in my view of other fighters, sometimes you can get sucked into having blind fandom when it comes to your fighter, just trying to take a look around and recognize better other fighters outstanding achievements

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I am overcompensating and trying to be more objective in my view of other fighters,
    Maybe.... My ass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    regardless who floyd fights from now on end, his going to have to really compete to keep that statues.

Pacman schedule:

March= Marquez for 130 title. this is pacs 6th division and 24lbs above where he began.

July= 135 title david or juan, more likely david first but eventually pac will go after juan too. Pacs 7th division and 30lbs above where he began.

September= Oscar!!!!!!!?? Where in the world in weight will this happen? welterweight! that will be like pacs 10th division??!!?

Floyds schedule:

December 2007= Hatton at 147 just floyds 4th division and only 17lbs above the weight he began.

2008=??

Floyd will need to go back to 154 at his 5th division or he'll have to go through the warriors of welterweight and beat them. COTTO SHANE WILLIAMS MARGARITO!!!!!!.

Skillwise floyd fans will still argue his superior but his not demonstrating that against guys like the great fighters pac go through. I Remember how much the critics said pac will never be more than a one demensional brawler, but look how he outboxed and outgunned mab. Jmm is said to be one of the greatest technician in the game but he couldn't beat mab as convincingly as pac did. Ooh and DO NOT BE SUPRISE PAC OUTBOXING JMM COME MARCH. yes i said it here too, PAC OUTBOXING JMM!!!
    Pac may have beat Barrera more convincingly but we have a better gauge to go by already, how Pac did against Marquez in the first fight. He started off well with a good opening round, but then got outboxed almost the entire rest of the match. I'm not saying Pac won't be able to box effectively in spots, but after seeing the first fight I doubt Manny has improved enough to simply outbox Marquez. I do see Manny coming in with much more educated aggression in the second fight though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Maybe I am overcompensating and trying to be more objective in my view of other fighters,
    Maybe.... My a**!
    there you go again bringing your asss into everything

Thread Information