Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton camp already in talks for De La Hoya fight!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton camp already in talks for De La Hoya fight!!!

Not sure if Saturday's result affects this or not but apperantly Hatton Vs De La Hoya is already in negotiations.

No mention of at which weight, surely Rick can't go above WW?

The dissappointing things is that this seems more about money than legacy/boxing...

Article from BBC website:

Ricky Hatton is already in talks over a homecoming fight against Oscar de la Hoya as he prepares for Saturday's showdown with Floyd Mayweather.

The 29-year-old wants to face the 'Golden Boy' in front of 80,000 fans at Wembley next year - a fight that could shatter box-office records.

"The chances are very strong," said Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams.

"We have strong links with Oscar de la Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions and we've had discussions with them."

It is planned that the fight with De La Hoya will go ahead regardless of how Hatton fares in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Williams believes De la Hoya, who lost to Mayweather on a split decision earlier this year, could be tempted to come to the UK by the idea of a record-breaking fight.

"It would be the perfect venue and we could look at selling in excess of 80,000 tickets," he said.

"Oscar has achieved everything in boxing bar recording the record live gate - and he could achieve that if he fought in the UK against Ricky."

De la Hoya, 34, told BBC's Inside Sport in September that he wanted to fight Hatton.

His Golden Boy company is promoting Saturday's fight and De la Hoya has been a regular at Hatton's gym in the lead-up to Saturday's much-anticipated showdown.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton camp already in talks for De La Hoya fight!!!

See this is why i'm hating on Oscar and saying his damaging the sport "please Retire" I know is the $$$$ thing

But I know that people want to see the winner to face Cotto
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton goes to 154lbs at only 5ft 6 inch i think he would get murded he would be to heavy for his frame to fight at his fittest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    If Hatton goes to 154lbs at only 5ft 6 inch i think he would get murded he would be to heavy for his frame to fight at his fittest.
    Oscar is coming down to 147. But still, this fight makes no sense unless Hatton beats Mayweather. It seems like Oscar is trying to find an opponent to make huge money with and definitely beat. That's exactly why he made Floyd come up to 154, fight in a small ring, and fight with Reyes gloves. He wanted to tip all the scales in his favor. Deep down inside the money is only consolation (albeit a very big one), he really just wants to be respected as the best again. Too bad, it ain't happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it was gonna happen it would definately be at welterweight. Wasnt Oscar talking about going back down?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    See this is why i'm hating on Oscar and saying his damaging the sport "please Retire" I know is the $$$$ thing

But I know that people want to see the winner to face Cotto
    Dont worry. DLH want's to fight Hatton, not the winner. Floyd vs Cotto should still happen in 2008. The only reason talks have already started for Hatton vs Oscar is because there is so little chance of Hatton winning, that they may as well come up with purse split for him ahead of time. To me, this is just Hatton wanting to cash in before he isn't seen as a top fighter anymore. I don't see how he beats Mayweather or Oscar, unless DLH has to kill himself to make welter..

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight was almost made this year already and was a bout 2 days from being announced at LIGHT WELTER

but then got scrapped because floyd decided he would face ODH and that announcment was made one day after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not interested...AT ALL.

Honestly though...this is the fight that Oscar has been clammoring for.

Curious as to how well he handles having a Brit beat that ass.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this fight makes sense, Oscar is still as dangerous as any contender if he fights like he did at 154 his last two fights at 147. THere is nobody besides Mayweather I see having the upper hand on him which makes me think, why should Oscar quit? When Mayweather wins then Cotto should get a shot at him. Or mayweather should fight Mosley. Either one of those I think deserve the fight because Mosley gave cotto as close of a losing fight as can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    this fight was almost made this year already and was a bout 2 days from being announced at LIGHT WELTER

but then got scrapped because floyd decided he would face ODH and that announcment was made one day after.
    I am HIGHLY skeptical Oscar could make 140.

[img width=514 height=700]http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200705/r141733_489601.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks like this time next year Ricky Hatton will be 43-2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should the fight be made at 147 Ricky Hatton will beat Oscar.
    At 36 years of age, the weight drain would really cripple Oscar and make him incredibly susceptible to body punching. So for me I reckon Hatton beats Oscar at 147.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been saying this since Oscar said he wants to fight Hatton. Oscar WILL fight Hatton,whether Hatton wins,loses,or draws v Floyd. The fight would most likely take place at 147 although I would not rule out a catch weight simply because at this age,Oscar is going to find it very difficult to make 147.

Am I interested in this fight? Absolutely not. Does not prove anything and I don't see it being a great clash of styles either. It's a $$$,nothing more,nothing less,and I've seen a few too many fights invlving fighters who should have retired. You can add Oscar to that list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should Ricky lose to Floyd, this fight would be a great fight to redeem him in theyes of the public. A win over such a big name would almost certainly see the public forgive his loss and adore him again.
    In boxing terms it is irrrelkevant, perhaps an entertaining fight but of no significance in any way as DLH has become an almost exhibition fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Should Ricky lose to Floyd, this fight would be a great fight to redeem him in theyes of the public. A win over such a big name would almost certainly see the public forgive his loss and adore him again.
    In boxing terms it is irrrelkevant, perhaps an entertaining fight but of no significance in any way as DLH has become an almost exhibition fighter.
    Exactly. I disagree with the redeeming part though. I don't see how it would redeem a loss in the biggest fight and challenge of his life,but hey,after his fight with the golden cash cow,I'm sure he'll feel ALOT better with all the $$$ he'll make. He'll forget about the loss to Mayweather in no time.

Thread Information