Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bring on PBF-Cotto ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bring on PBF-Cotto ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to PBF you totally broke my heart last night
    With Hatton's performance though IMO Cotto and Mosley could've done the same.
    With last nights performance it's quite obvious that Floyd definitely can punch it just so happens that he doesnt commit too much to his punches to keep his defense and balance tight.
    I'm sure sadclicks will be coming but I still think Hatton is not the best test for Floyd.
    I wish Cotto-Mayweather happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go COOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bring on PBF-Cotto ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually see zero value in Floyd fighting Cotto now, at least from Mayweather's point of view. Let's say he takes the fight for the summer and wins, Williams will probably be the man of the moment then and takes on Floyd by this time next year. Floyd wins that one and somebody who we aren't even talking about now is the main man for the summer of 09. Where does he stop? He will always miss a fight with somebody and get accused of ducking. IMO after stopping Hatton, which I thought he would never do, he has nothing more to prove. He is an ATG an probably top 3 of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish this match would happen, but can't blame Floyd if he doesn't take it. He's had a incredible career and shouldn't be criticized if he decides to hang up the gloves.

Now if he comes back and fights De la hoya again then we can all call him a mother ducker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From all the guys out there Cotto would be in the last position of my list. Good puncher and boxer but a bit slow for Floyd's speed. I can imagine another Baldomir scene.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hackey100
    I actually see zero value in Floyd fighting Cotto now, at least from Mayweather's point of view. Let's say he takes the fight for the summer and wins, Williams will probably be the man of the moment then and takes on Floyd by this time next year. Floyd wins that one and somebody who we aren't even talking about now is the main man for the summer of 09. Where does he stop? He will always miss a fight with somebody and get accused of ducking. IMO after stopping Hatton, which I thought he would never do, he has nothing more to prove. He is an ATG an probably top 3 of all time.
    He's a great fighter but he's still yet to truly clean out a division and so he's not top near the top 3 yet.

I think his best bet will be to take some time off and see how the welterweight picture develops. I'd imagine that within another year or so a true contender, between Cotto and Williams will have emerged.

Once there is an undisputed number 1 contender Floyd WILL come back and attempt to get the legacy defining win that puts him into the top 10 greatest of all time.

He'll never be top 3 imo, guys like Ray Robinson and Ali are simply iconic and will never be removed from their 1 & 2 slots respectively and with every other great boxer through history competing for the other places I don't think Floyd will ever get considered in the top 5.

This isn't a knock on him though. He's a superb fighter, the best of his generation and I love to watch him fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto big,strong,powerful and young but also slow he would get outboxed and perhaps even stopped thing is Floyd should retire now he has nothing to prove.If he fights Cotto and wins then everyone will say fight mosely then it will be fight Williams and so on and so on its endless let Cotto and the others fight for top spot.Floyd has fought the number 1 in every division he has fought in

Thread Information