Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What must PBF do to gain respect?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What must PBF do to gain respect?

I havent been on Saddo's all weekend, so when i logged on today i thought i'd be seeing threads full of respect for Floyd. But to my astonishment the majority of posts are still putting him down and making it sound as tho his win against Hatton was a nothing victory. It is sickening.
    Floyd faced a 43-0 two weight champ who was backed by many on this forum to win and ko'd him spectacularly.
    It used to be Hatton would destroy PBF.
    Now all i here is that Cotto would destroy Floyd.
    So if Floyd beats Cotto, (which im almost certain he would), who will be next?

There will be posters on here sayin Cotto was overrated, Floyd hasnt beat Williams yet.
    then
    Williams was just tall, Floyd hasnt beat Margarito yet.
    then
    Margarito was a glorified journeyman, Floyd hasnt beat Klitschko yet.

Why dont u guys give PBF some respect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What must PBF do?

For my part, Floyd to me doesn't have to do anymore to get massive respect for his career and achievements. He's a great fighter and all respect to him.
    With that said, I was a little disappointed in him even fighting Hatton, and Hatton thinking he could face Floyd. Credit to Floyd for doing what he did to Hatton, as he did what I figured he would do and ko Ricky. And credit to Hatton for steping up massively. But all this time Floyd has called Hatton a wrestling bum and not worthy of his time, and there were other fighters out there that he could have fought: Margarito, Cotto, maybe even Williams, I kind of see it as a big money fight that was pretty much a gimme. It was definately good for the sport and all the publicity that boxing received, but there were tougher fights out there to finish cementing a legacy he has already made so big.
    I don't think Margarito, Cotto or Williams could beat Floyd, that's not what I'm trying to imply; I just feel as far as legacy it didn't do anything to help cement it by fighting Hatton. Hell, Floyd said in 24/7 fighting Hatton wouldn't help his legacy, so it's not only me saying it. He beat up a guy he was supposed to, and somewhere near 90% of people picked Floyd to beat Hatton easy. When you go around saying for years that Hatton is basically a garbage amateur fighter, it really doesn't look good on your resume. So though if Floyd retired now I wouldn't say anything negative, I would like to see him fight a prime WW like a Cotto or Williams before he retires.
    JMO
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What must PBF do to gain respect?

Anyone who don't respect floyd now are just haters, and their "respect" isn't worth the 30 seconds of your life you lose reading their biased diatribe.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    For my part, Floyd to me doesn't have to do anymore to get massive respect for his career and achievements. He's a great fighter and all respect to him.
    With that said, I was a little disappointed in him even fighting Hatton, and Hatton thinking he could face Floyd. Credit to Floyd for doing what he did to Hatton, as he did what I figured he would do and ko Ricky. And credit to Hatton for steping up massively. But all this time Floyd has called Hatton a wrestling bum and not worthy of his time, and there were other fighters out there that he could have fought: Margarito, Cotto, maybe even Williams, I kind of see it as a big money fight that was pretty much a gimme. It was definately good for the sport and all the publicity that boxing received, but there were tougher fights out there to finish cementing a legacy he has already made so big.
    I don't think Margarito, Cotto or Williams could beat Floyd, that's not what I'm trying to imply; I just feel as far as legacy it didn't do anything to help cement it by fighting Hatton. Hell, Floyd said in 24/7 fighting Hatton wouldn't help his legacy, so it's not only me saying it. He beat up a guy he was supposed to, and somewhere near 90% of people picked Floyd to beat Hatton easy. When you go around saying for years that Hatton is basically a garbage amateur fighter, it really doesn't look good on your resume. So though if Floyd retired now I wouldn't say anything negative, I would like to see him fight a prime WW like a Cotto or Williams before he retires.
    JMO
    90% didnt pick PBF. Check Wacko's RBR 42 ppl had Hatton winning, and a lot on here were convinced he would.
    Some of your comments are exactly what im talking about, acting as tho Hatton wasnt a top opponent. The man was 43-0 for fucksake, and had won titles at 140 and 147. Now cos PBf destroyed him Hatton is a overhyped B level fighter?
    I guarantee the same will be said if and when FLoyd does a similiar job on Cotto or Margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    JMO
    90% didnt pick PBF. Check Wacko's RBR 42 ppl had Hatton winning, and a lot on here were convinced he would.
    Some of your comments are exactly what im talking about, acting as tho Hatton wasnt a top opponent. The man was 43-0 for fucksake, and had won titles at 140 and 147. Now cos PBf destroyed him Hatton is a overhyped B level fighter?
    I guarantee the same will be said if and when FLoyd does a similiar job on Cotto or Margarito.
    I'm just saying before the fight most people on here picked Floyd to win, and alot picked him to win easily.

I considered him a top opponent, not just at 147, which kind of showed in his fight with Collazo, and alot of people on here considered him a weak WW. As I said, I'm not taking anything away from Floyd and what he's done. He beat Hatton very decisively, as most so called experts in boxing said he would, and that's what he's supposed to do. So I don't know why you're getting upset at me when all I said is I personally would like to see him fight a prime true WW. If he doesn't it won't change what he's already achieved, as he is HOF IMO.

And Beanflicker, if you don't want to waste 30 seconds reading my diatribe, then next time you'll know better when I post something
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMO
    I'm just saying before the fight most people on here picked Floyd to win, and alot picked him to win easily.

I considered him a top opponent, not just at 147, which kind of showed in his fight with Collazo, and alot of people on here considered him a weak WW. As I said, I'm not taking anything away from Floyd and what he's done. He beat Hatton very decisively, as most so called experts in boxing said he would, and that's what he's supposed to do. So I don't know why you're getting upset at me when all I said is I personally would like to see him fight a prime true WW. If he doesn't it won't change what he's already achieved, as he is HOF IMO.

And Beanflicker, if you don't want to waste 30 seconds reading my diatribe, then next time you'll know better when I post something
    The stupid thing is that Floyd isnt even a WW, he atarted at 130. 140 is probably his best weight, yet he gets put down for not fighting guys such as Williams or Margaritio who would be comfortable at 154 and above.
    Supposed to beat Hatton, so it doesnt count?
    When he fights Cotto he will be picked by most experts as well, so does that mean if he does win it wont count?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it counts that he beat Hatton, and beat him bad. I know Floyd started at 130, and that is why I said if he retires right now I have nothing bad to say about him period. But he did say he is the best 147 in the world, so I would like to see him fight Cotto or someone up there more of a threat than we know Hatton was. Believe me eagle, it might seem I'm trying to degrade what he did with Hatton, but I'm not. Floyd is phenomenal, and I don't see him losing to any WW. It's just if you're going to proclaim yourself the best at 147, then go out fighting one of the more established guys that is a better WW than Hatton. Peace bro' and CC; I don't know how else to explain it
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always respected PBFs skills but he as a person I just can't respect.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I followed Floyd's whole career. But Floyd's had all my respect since 1998 when after beating Genaro Hernandez he took on Angel Manfredy (at the time the toughest contender out there) for his first title defense. And destroyed him in 2 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent been on Saddo's all weekend, so when i logged on today i thought i'd be seeing threads full of respect for Floyd. But to my astonishment the majority of posts are still putting him down and making it sound as tho his win against Hatton was a nothing victory. It is sickening.
    Floyd faced a 43-0 two weight champ who was backed by many on this forum to win and ko'd him spectacularly.

There will be posters on here sayin Cotto was overrated, Floyd hasnt beat Williams yet.
    then
    then

Ok here we go, here's a list of floyds last 10 fights: Victoriano Sosa(KTFO by Cotto), Phillip N'dou(who?), DeMarcus Corley(good fighter & he stunned floyd), Henry Bruseles(who?), Arturo Gatti(washed up at the time), Sharmba Mithchell(tier 2 fighter), Zab Judah(I'll give him credit for that one), Carlos Baldomir(beat an unfocused Judah but still not near top tier guy), Oscar DeLaHoya(had 1 fight in the last three years and it was against a punching bag named Mayorga), Ricky Hatton(think Collazo)

He has not stepped up and taken a legitimate challenge for a very long time and while I wouldnt go as far as saying he isn't any good, I do have many questions that need answering.

Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY

then
    then

Ok here we go, here's a list of floyds last 10 fights: Victoriano Sosa(KTFO by Cotto), Phillip N'dou(who?), DeMarcus Corley(good fighter & he stunned floyd), Henry Bruseles(who?), Arturo Gatti(washed up at the time), Sharmba Mithchell(tier 2 fighter), Zab Judah(I'll give him credit for that one), Carlos Baldomir(beat an unfocused Judah but still not near top tier guy), Oscar DeLaHoya(had 1 fight in the last three years and it was against a punching bag named Mayorga), Ricky Hatton(think Collazo)

He has not stepped up and taken a legitimate challenge for a very long time and while I wouldnt go as far as saying he isn't any good, I do have many questions that need answering.

Please post the last 10 victories of both Williams and Cotto so that as a board we can collectively laugh at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

then
    then

Please post the last 10 victories of both Williams and Cotto so that as a board we can collectively laugh at you
    Are you saying floyd has fought better competition @ ww than Cotto?

Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect Cotto but fighting a legitimate fighter that is the top of the wieght class would be a start.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it counts that he beat Hatton, and beat him bad. I know Floyd started at 130, and that is why I said if he retires right now I have nothing bad to say about him period. But he did say he is the best 147 in the world, so I would like to see him fight Cotto or someone up there more of a threat than we know Hatton was. Believe me eagle, it might seem I'm trying to degrade what he did with Hatton, but I'm not. Floyd is phenomenal, and I don't see him losing to any WW. It's just if you're going to proclaim yourself the best at 147, then go out fighting one of the more established guys that is a better WW than Hatton. Peace bro' and CC; I don't know how else to explain it
    Ok im kinda getting u now. I just dont like how so many ppl almost call PBF scared cos he only fought Hatton and not other WW. Im sure if it was Cotto he beat this weekend the same guys would have said he should be fighting Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler

then
    then

Are you saying floyd has fought better competition @ ww than Cotto?

Dude, they've basically fought the exact same type of fighters . You knock Oscar for only beating a punching bag named Mayorga but who was the punching bag Mosley beat to put him back in the spotlight .

Thread Information