Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

I can't see Cotto beating Mayweather and can't really say he has a better chance than Hatton just because Hatton lost. I'll say Mayweather by decision. Maybe we would see another Baldomir scene.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Theres definately a style and dimension to beat Mayweather.

I just dont think Cotto has it.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Floyd UD but by FAR his toughest test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Floyd by decision, Cotto is great, but I am convinced Floyd will figure him out.
    I agree. The only reason to pick against Mayweather at this point is to say, "I told you so" if Cotto happens to win it. I see no reason to believe that Mayweather couldn't handle Cotto for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Floyd by UD. Cotto impressed me with how much he improved his jab and hand speed against Shane (two things you need to have to beat Floyd). BUT...he still does not possess great foot speed and his defense is porous enough that he gets hit by the same punch over and over. It would be a much closer fight than Floyd vs. Hatton...as Cotto is a bigger and more skilled fighter than Ricky. But if Shane, with his diminished speed, was able to nearly beat Cotto...than i think Mayweather would have too much skill and speed for Miguel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i going with against the crowed and saying that Cotto can win he has always been underrated and i will never bet against him again. His wins over Juda and Mosley i saw a figher that had the tools to beat Mayweather and with the jab and timing. Not only that he has great power punches and uses smart pessure and fights nothing like Hattin wish people would not compare them they fight way different in a lot of ways. As for Pual Williams i also would go with him because he is staticly a nightmare for PBF. He is a good boxer with a godamn reach of a heavyweight and throws so many punchs it is ridiclous throw in his height and speed and use of angles i give him the win over PBF but we will see i think the fights will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will be a happy camper if this fight will get made.

With that only i will finally give Floyd his dues weather who wins I will like for Cotto to win
    but as a boxing fan I don't give a fuck I just want the best to fight eachother
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will be like Hatton - Mayweather, Jr. in that each fighter has never been in the ring with that level of an opponent before. What makes this fight just as interesting is that the only fighter (that I know of) that came close to beating Mayweather, Jr. was a body puncher (Castillo). Why wouldn't Cotto have a chance? I say he does, but I think that is all he has. Why do some people call Cotto slow? If he were slow, Mosley would have had the fight in the bag. In the end, Mayweather, Jr. would be too much for him in speed and he may just achieve what Corley couldn't with a well-placed head shot.

If the fight goes the distance: Mayweather by UD
    If the fight is stopped: Mayweather by TKO
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    I can't see Cotto beating Mayweather and can't really say he has a better chance than Hatton just because Hatton lost.  I'll say Mayweather by decision.  Maybe we would see another Baldomir scene.
    I ask all of you a question?

What  do you guys think what will be the outcome if Haton fights:

Baldomir(The one tha beat Judah) @ 147
    Mosley @ 147
    Cotto @147
    P. Williams @ 147
    Margarito @ 147

BEcause of what I have read here( at saddo) it seems that some think that HAtton will KO all of them and very easy, because of his fast hands and incredible footwork   
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would counter the shat out of Cotto and stop him mid rounds
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Mayweather would counter the shat out of Cotto and stop him mid rounds
    Can you answer my question above your post? PLease
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF UD

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    I can't see Cotto beating Mayweather and can't really say he has a better chance than Hatton just because Hatton lost. I'll say Mayweather by decision. Maybe we would see another Baldomir scene.
    I ask all of you a question?

What do you guys think what will be the outcome if Haton fights:

Baldomir(The one tha beat Judah) @ 147
    Mosley @ 147
    Cotto @147
    P. Williams @ 147
    Margarito @ 147

BEcause of what I have read here( at saddo) it seems that some think that HAtton will KO all of them and very easy, because of his fast hands and incredible footwork
    Hatton loses to them all except Baldomir.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd UD , Cotto is a top fighter but i think a bit slow of foot to stay close enough to Floyd
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd by late round TKO. I think this fight would be even better than the Floyd-Hatton fight, but Cotto's undoing will come from his tendency to fall right into the uppercut. No one throws a more precise and accurate uppercut than Floyd Mayweather Jr. If Shane Mosley and Paulie Malignaggi can stand up to Cotto's body attack, then I see no reason why Floyd couldn't.

Thread Information