Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    I recall Mayweather saying Mosely was pretty much the last fighter he wanted. Or words to that effect.

As for Mayweather not being able to fight Mosely what are you on. Mosely takes 5 months to go up and down in weight, which is plenty of time.
    The second Fernando Vargas fight could of been called off easily.

I just don't understand why you think it was impossible for the fight to happen. LOL
    Mosley was on comeback trail after two defeats to Wright, the 1st fight with Vargas was very close and competitive up and until the stoppage. So no actually the fight couldn't get called off because of how close the fight was up until the stoppage. He beat Vargas in a rematch but no one really considered it good victory, because it was obvious Vargas was shot to bits, in fact after the 2nd Vargas fight there was no talk of Mayweather vs Mosley happening because Mosley had done nothing at Welterweight in years. His comeback vs Collazo was at Welterweight and he shut out Collazo in impressive fashion. Then there was talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening but Mayweather had to get past Oscar De La Hoya first. Alot of people were undecided who was the number 1 Welterweight to fight Mayweather so Cotto vs Mosley met and the winner would fight Mayweather, Mosley lost and now it looks like Cotto vs Mayweather will happen pretty simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    I recall Mayweather saying Mosely was pretty much the last fighter he wanted. Or words to that effect.

As for Mayweather not being able to fight Mosely what are you on. Mosely takes 5 months to go up and down in weight, which is plenty of time.

I just don't understand why you think it was impossible for the fight to happen. LOL
    Mosley was on comeback trail after two defeats to Wright, the 1st fight with Vargas was very close and competitive up and until the stoppage. So no actually the fight couldn't get called of because of how close the fight was up until the stoppage. He beat Vargas in a rematch but no one really considered it good victory, because it was obvious Vargas was shot to bits, in fact after the 2nd Vargas fight there was no talk of Mayweather vs Mosley happening because Mosley had done nothing at Welterweight in years. His comeback vs Collazo was at Welterweight and he shut out Collazo in impressive fashion. Then there was talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening but Mayweather had to get past Oscar De La Hoya first. Alot of people were undecided who was the number 1 Welterweight to fight Mayweather so Cotto vs Mosley met and the winner would fight Mayweather, Mosley lost and now it looks like Cotto vs Mayweather will happen pretty simple.
    Dammit man now I have to CC in 48 stop it
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

CC #4 iCE

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Puya

Mosley was on comeback trail after two defeats to Wright, the 1st fight with Vargas was very close and competitive up and until the stoppage. So no actually the fight couldn't get called of because of how close the fight was up until the stoppage. He beat Vargas in a rematch but no one really considered it good victory, because it was obvious Vargas was shot to bits, in fact after the 2nd Vargas fight there was no talk of Mayweather vs Mosley happening because Mosley had done nothing at Welterweight in years. His comeback vs Collazo was at Welterweight and he shut out Collazo in impressive fashion. Then there was talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening but Mayweather had to get past Oscar De La Hoya first. Alot of people were undecided who was the number 1 Welterweight to fight Mayweather so Cotto vs Mosley met and the winner would fight Mayweather, Mosley lost and now it looks like Cotto vs Mayweather will happen pretty simple.
    Dammit man now I have to CC in 48 stop it
    Thanks bro CC.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    CC #4 iCE
    CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley was on comeback trail after two defeats to Wright, the 1st fight with Vargas was very close and competitive up and until the stoppage. So no actually the fight couldn't get called off because of how close the fight was up until the stoppage. He beat Vargas in a rematch but no one really considered it good victory, because it was obvious Vargas was shot to bits, in fact after the 2nd Vargas fight there was no talk of Mayweather vs Mosley happening because Mosley had done nothing at Welterweight in years. His comeback vs Collazo was at Welterweight and he shut out Collazo in impressive fashion. Then there was talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening but Mayweather had to get past Oscar De La Hoya first. Alot of people were undecided who was the number 1 Welterweight to fight Mayweather so Cotto vs Mosley met and the winner would fight Mayweather, Mosley lost and now it looks like Cotto vs Mayweather will happen pretty simple.
    [/quote]

Obviously you don't follow boxing very closley.
    Mosely had 2 fights at welterweight after being defeated by "Winky".

The fight could of happened. Instead Mayweather bottles out and fights Sharmba Mitchell. More than likley because he was scared he would lose.
    Mayweathers score against "Golden Boy" would show a good reason for Mayweather to be scared of Mosely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Wasp, boxing is all he follows
    It's pretty much his life!!!

ICB Guest

The fight could of happened. Instead Mayweather bottles out and fights Sharmba Mitchell. More than likley because he was scared he would lose.
    Mayweathers score against "Golden Boy" would show a good reason for Mayweather to be scared of Mosely.

[/quote]

Oh yes i do i know exactly who he fought at Welterweight. David Estrada, Jose Luis Cruz, both 10 round fights, fact is no one really thought Mosley was a top name anymore after losing by wide margin in the first fight to Wright, and although judges had it closer the 2nd time a round Wright still easily beat Mosley. There was no talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening until Mosley beat Collazo.

There was no talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening in 2005, so where are you getting that Mayweather bottled out of Mosley fight ?? I don't think you follow boxing because Mayweather had a fight scheduled with Oscar De La Hoya in May correct ?? Mosley did beat Collazo in February in impressive fashion. Then there was talks of Mosley fighting the winner of Oscar De La Hoya vs Floyd Mayweather Jr fight, but a lot of people also thought Cotto deserved his shot at the winner of Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya. So Cotto vs Mosley arranged a fight, by that time Mayweather had beaten Oscar De La Hoya, so the winner would fight Floyd Mayweather Jr, Mosley lost and Cotto will more than likely be getting his shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah exactly there wasn't any talk of Mayweather fighting Mosely because Mayweather was scared of him. Mosely just beat the undefeated Jose Luis Cruz.

So with no where to go Mosely looked for a big name that was vargas who then had only been beaten by delahoya and trinadad.

ICB Guest

Yeah exactly there wasn't any talk of Mayweather fighting Mosely because Mayweather was scared of him. Mosely just beat the undefeated Jose Luis Cruz.

So with no where to go Mosely looked for a big name that was vargas who then had only been beaten by delahoya and trinadad.

Your stating opinion not fact, where are you getting this from that Mayweather ducked Mosley ?? Jose Luis Cruz was never that much of a fighter, the best he ever done was he got a draw with Baldomir back in 2002, and beat an ancient Jorge Vaca, who was 42 at that time. Then after these two fights his best one's, he wasted 3 years fighting nobodies until he fought Shane Mosley, Cruz's record may of looked impressive but if you study up on it, it actually isn't impressive. And no one considered him a top Welterweight. David Estrada, Jose Luis Cruz, were both handpicked opponent's for Mosley on his comeback trail no one considered *The old Mosley back* until he shut out Collazo. Then there was talks of Mayweather vs Mosley happening, and i never heard Mayweather say he would never fight Mosley. So you still think Mosley is more deserving of his shot than Cotto is ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not stating opinion.

You say Jose Luis Cruz is a nobody, but what about a 35 year old Sharmba Mitchell.

After the second close fight with "Winky" one of the top pound for pound boxers in the world Mosely goes down to welter weight.
    Mayweather was gaining weight they could of had a fight but didn't. Big money lots of fans. It didn't happen.
    Mayweather was scared?

ICB Guest

I'm not stating opinion.

You say Jose Luis Cruz is a nobody, but what about a 35 year old Sharmba Mitchell.

After the second close fight with "Winky" one of the top pound for pound boxers in the world Mosely goes down to welter weight.
    Mayweather was gaining weight they could of had a fight but didn't. Big money lots of fans. It didn't happen.
    Mayweather was scared?

The 2nd fight with Wright was not close it was almost an exact repeat of the 1st fight, forgetting what the judges had it, it was not a close fight.

And where did you get Wright being one of the top P4P fighter's from ?? he was nowhere near one of the top P4P fighter's he was considered an avoided name and a good fighter at that time, but certainly not one of the top P4P fighter's.

At least Mitchell was a Former World champion and faced elite fighter's unlike Cruz.

Mayweather was scared?

No.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who doesn't want to fight floyd....and if he can't fight everyone in every division he has a belt in then he's scared ??!! This stuff is just plain silly, he's scared of margarito, he was scared of de la hoya, scared of hatton, if you're a fan of a certain fighter and floyd doesn't fight him that week then he's scared, c'mon floyd haters are never upset before these fights but after it's always the same claim for the next guy. Cotto's the next in line he deserves a shot now let's see what happens, it hasn't even been a week. Not directed at anyone in general it's just so predictable to hear this claim, at least come up with something new.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Who doesn't want to fight floyd....and if he can't fight everyone in every division he has a belt in then he's scared ??!! This stuff is just plain silly, he's scared of margarito, he was scared of de la hoya, scared of hatton, if you're a fan of a certain fighter and floyd doesn't fight him that week then he's scared, c'mon floyd haters are never upset before these fights but after it's always the same claim for the next guy. Cotto's the next in line he deserves a shot now let's see what happens, it hasn't even been a week. Not directed at anyone in general it's just so predictable to hear this claim, at least come up with something new.
    Spot on very well said CC.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    For the RECORD! I was always against Floyd/Hatton at 147. I was very angry and upset and people said I was crazy. I knew why Floyd wanted Ricky at 147 because Ricky at 147 just sucks. Floyd is not the great to beging with. He is tricky and has some magic but he is no Merlin.

Thread Information