Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

I know it is a bit unfair to do this the week of a big Floyd win which will undoubtebly influence most people's opinion.

But what the heck. Here is the first (that I know of) of many Cotto vs PBF prediction thread.

Who wins?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Floyd by decision, Cotto is great, but I am convinced Floyd will figure him out.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto - PBF

Mayweather UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd by UD for me.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if i was betting on the fight i would bet floyd by ud or possibly even late round stoppage , but i also think that cotto has a good chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never thought floyd would KO hatton so i'm picking the same for cotto around the same round as well....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

ICB Guest

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Mayweather UD 115-113 116-112 115-113.

SigmaMu Guest

Floyd will run and run and just wait for a lucky punch. He reminds me sooo much of Zab Judah. Cotto wont make those mistakes again of just walking in and getting caught.
    Cotto learned more patience.
    Ricky made that mistake and paid the price. The Judah fight was a very good learning experience for Miguel. Cotto was a totally different fighter against a quick Shane Mosley. Cotto was sitting ring side and he knows what he is up against. I saw a lot of holes in Floyds game and I think Miguel can take advantage of many. Cotto can be just as dirty as the next guy and we all saw just how dirty Floyd is.
    Granted, Cotto also has flaws and if Floyd did hit him with a lucky punch, he could finish Cotto off. Miguel does seem more solid as a welter. This is what makes the fight so interesting because of Cotto's so called questionable chin you just never know when he will go out for sure. hehehheee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's what you want. It's what I want. Let the predictions begin. Cotto -

Floyd with a cautious decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather late stoppage or UD win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id go Floyd by a wide UD, I can see Floyd tapping Cotto to the body and catching him with a lot of straight rights through out the fight. I cant see a KO tho as Cotto has one hell of a heart and has shown he can keep getting up when knocked down. Sure Cotto fought well against Mosley but Shane fought Cottos fight staying in the center of the ring and trying to trade. With Floyd Cotto will have serious issues getting through his defense and will find it difficult to figure him out as Floyd can change up his style to suit the type of fighter he is facing. We saw in the Judah fight that Cotto can still be hurt at WW its just Judah lacked the focus and disciplin to get the job done.

Floyd will still have the reach advantage and so Cotto wont be able to box from the outside and i can see it been a very similar fight to the Hatton fight maybe with a bit less wrestling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is this even going to happen anyway?? floyd said he wants to focus more on promoting now? and not have boxing retire him

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    Mayweather late stoppage or UD win
    agreed 100%

av a
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fugaziuk
    is this even going to happen anyway?? floyd said he wants to focus more on promoting now? and not have boxing retire him
    Who's he going to promote apart from himself? He's got a record label with no signed artists and a promotions company with no signed boxers.

This fight will happen (provided Cotto doesn't lose in the meantime, in which case Floyd will fight and beat whoever beats Cotto) eventually when enough guaranteed money is offered to Floyd and Floyd will win a wide UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fugaziuk
    Well it might not happend but it's still what we all want to see.

Mayweather is flying high with his big win over Hatton. But I expect these predictions to even out if ever the fight is signed and we are a week away from fight night.

If I remember correctly. Most people didn't give Hatton much of a chance when that fight was oridinally signed but the week before the fight many felt he had a good chance.

I feel the sam for Cotto. He has as good a shot as any to beat Floyd. He has a bit better defense than Hatton, he is bigger and stronger. He also has a real good jab which should keep PBF from tagging him with lead rights all night long. Still there is a bit of a chin factor for Cotto and he's not as quick on his feet as Hatton is.

Mayweather is still the favorite to win a UD but Cotto will make it interesting and keep the fight close.

Thread Information