Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Antonio Margarito vs. Jose Luis Castillo

Would this be a good fight for Margarito? If Ricky landed the Mayweather fight after crucial body shot at Castillo, how would this fight help or hurt Margarito's status at the WW division?

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito vs. Jose Luis Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by Chicali
    Would this be a good fight for Margarito? If Ricky landed the Mayweather fight after crucial body shot at Castillo, how would this fight help or hurt Margarito's status at the WW division?
    It would be a walk in the park for Margarito, I would like to see him fight Cintron again and demolish him once again. I am sick of all the hype he is getting
    McGirt recalling the minute break between the 9th round of the Ward fight "He said, 'Help me stand up and I'll finish the fight.'"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well for one Castillo isn't a genuine WW...he has had 1 fight there and it was against a nobody....This fight would do nothing for Margarito except show he can beat a blown up LW who can't even make 140 anymore
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money wise it makes sense for JLC but career wise unless he really wants to retire already he should steer clear from the big guys. A fight against someone like Gomez, Isaac, Karass would make a lot more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well all I can say is I wish Castillo luck, as he couldn't even make a fight of it with Hatton, and Margarito will seriously injure both of them. It's a shame really IMO.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One last payday for JLC and Marg may kill him?? No I don't think so. Castillo will quit at this stage before Marg would really harm him.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chicali
    At this point I think Castillo would end up feeding through a straw.I think He's about done.
    Margarito Imo will do some damage In division.I like him in rematch with Paul Williams and I think his chances at Cotto (wont happen) but I think He has a style and strength to Give Cotto Hell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight seems to be cropping up a lot in conversation.

Castillo is pretty much done but he probably could put up a good show. Margarito would simply have to win, logic doesn't allow one to think otherwise.

ICB Guest

Margarito is way too big for Castillo, he was a great fighter in his day but his time has passed. I don't understand why Castillo's team would even consider this match up its horrible stylistic match up for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo should do us all a favour and retire, he's already secured his legacy and hasn't got enough in the tank now to challenge at the top, If he does retire he'll be going out now on a win so he should call it a day once and for all.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo lost to Hatton and yet straight up he is all wrong for welterweight??

Absolute bollocks. Against Margarito he has every motherfuckin chance. Hatton is very good and Margarito is clearly all not that good. Maybe the weight would be an issue but I doubt it. Lopsided points win for either of them that wants it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

Absolute bollocks. Against Margarito he has every motherfuckin chance. Hatton is very good and Margarito is clearly all not that good. Maybe the weight would be an issue but I doubt it. Lopsided points win for either of them that wants it.

Miles thats Crazy talk and you know it....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC#3 ICB

ICB Guest

Yes it is because Castillo has never fought at Welterweight, and even at Jr Welterweight he didn't look nowhere near as good as he did at Lightweight, with poor showing against Herman Ngoudjo, And how can you say Margarito isn't good ?? he fought competitive with one of the best Welterweight's in the world Paul Williams. And except for that he hasn't lost at Welterweight for years, plus he is a massive Welterweight and he could easily be LightMiddleweight, if you honestly think a shot Castillo who has never fought at Welterweight, has any sort of chance against Margarito your seriously mistaken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're normally an astute poster but when your emotions get in the way,shit like this often comes out Margarito would KO Hatton inside 8 rounds.

I'm just glad to see Tony staying active. Inactivity has always been his weakness.It's not the best fight in the world but it should help to keep him sharp,and also increase his fan base,especially if he blows JLC out. It's a payday for JLC and if he survives,he'll have gone 12 with a huge WW,which will give him confidence.

Thread Information