Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who say Floyd ducked Margarito...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default For those who say Floyd ducked Margarito...

I read that Danny G said we were left wanting with this fight. Honestly... who really wanted this fight? What has Margo ever done to warrant this fight being made? And what has he ever done to suggest he wouldn't be soundly beaten by Floyd? Tell me please, what Margo would bring to the table to give Floyd his first loss.

Fuck it, right now...I'm calling Floyd Mayweather out. If he doesn't answer within a week, he's ducking me because he knows I would beat the sorry crap outta him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For those who say Floyd ducked Margarito...

He would bring a combination of considerable Height and Reach advantage, along with accuracy and more two fisted punching power than Floyd has ever faced. He is also as tough as nails.

Is that good enough?

SigmaMu Guest

I am not a Tony fan so I don't even want to break it down. I will let Gamo kick you in the teeth with this one.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw
    He would bring a combination of considerable Height and Reach advantage, along with accuracy and more two fisted punching power than Floyd has ever faced. He is also as tough as nails.

Is that good enough?
    He couldn't deal with Williams speed when Williams came in close so god knows how he'd deal with Floyd. Oscar had fast hands and decent power at 154 yet couldn't put a dent in Floyd. Margo can take a punch, but thats all that'll happen. he'll be taking punches on the way to a very wide 12 round UD. You can't hit what you can't see. He won't get anywhere near Floyd.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nfkzb

Is that good enough?
    He couldn't deal with Williams speed when Williams came in close so god knows how he'd deal with Floyd. Oscar had fast hands and decent power at 154 yet couldn't put a dent in Floyd. Margo can take a punch, but thats all that'll happen. he'll be taking punches on the way to a very wide 12 round UD. You can't hit what you can't see. He won't get anywhere near Floyd.
    It was more to do with the amount of punches, and the angles Williams was using on the inside that gave Margarito more trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that good enough?
    I never realized Floyd was invisible. Williams and Floyd are two very different dynamics. Two completely different styles. Williams can outwork anyone and throws 2-3X the amount of punches Floyd does. Since Margarito did get outpointed by Williams though, he would have to lose to Mayweather right?

ICB Guest

I read that Danny G said we were left wanting with this fight. Honestly... who really wanted this fight? What has Margo ever done to warrant this fight being made? And what has he ever done to suggest he wouldn't be soundly beaten by Floyd? Tell me please, what Margo would bring to the table to give Floyd his first loss.

F*** it, right now...I'm calling Floyd Mayweather out. If he doesn't answer within a week, he's ducking me because he knows I would beat the sorry crap outta him.
    Im Mayweather fan but im fair, there is loads of way's at looking at this. The offer was 8 Million, the most Mayweather would of got in his entire career. But Mayweather was also getting 8 Million for fighting Baldomir who was also legit Welterweight champion even if you hate to admit it, its true but Margarito also was also WBO Welterweight champion and had made 8 defenses i believe, and before anyone brings up his loss to Santos, that was at Lightmiddleweight and not Welterweight plus, the fight was stopped after accidental head butt and it went to the score cards and Margarito lost razor thin decision. Now Margarito was just coming off beating a hard hitting and respected name at that time Kermit Cintron and stopped him in good fashion. When Mayweather was asked about fighting Margarito in my mind when i see it, he did look a bit scared and was mumbling with his words. But it just depends on what way you look at it i think i was fair there considering i am Mayweather fan.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that good enough?
    I never realized Floyd was invisible. Williams and Floyd are two very different dynamics. Two completely different styles. Williams can outwork anyone and throws 2-3X the amount of punches Floyd does. Since Margarito did get outpointed by Williams though, he would have to lose to Mayweather right?
    I know they're different fighters, but I don't get what makes Margo qualified for the job. Tony doesn't have the speed to catch him and would spend the fight chasing a guy who has superior boxing skills.

I'm not a Floyd fan by the way, but I respect his skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that good enough?
    I know they're different fighters, but I don't get what makes Margo qualified for the job. Tony doesn't have the speed to catch him and would spend the fight chasing a guy who has superior boxing skills.

I respect his skill also. I also know that Margarito has just enough height and reach that Mayweather will in his punching range more often than vise versa.

There was another thread in here with people saying that Mayweather should not fight Pavlik as he is just too big and powerful. I say Margarito could potentially offer up the same advantages as Pavlik does. He is a natural Welterweight and has a huge size and power advantage over Floyd. Would it be enough to beat Mayweather? I don't know. I do know that Mayweather has shown a preference to fight smaller guys for some reason.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that good enough?

Margarito may be a limited fighter in some regards but he is and in the minds of the knowledgeble always has been a far bigger threat to Floyd than Ricky Hatton was.

Margarito is a beast and trust when I say this. Hatton would not last 5 rounds with Margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F*** it, right now...I'm calling Floyd Mayweather out. If he doesn't answer within a week, he's ducking me because he knows I would beat the sorry crap outta him.
    Ugh, why did you have to bring this up again? This only lends credence to the Floyd haters. Margo was calling out Floyd well before he ventured into the welterweight division. The truth of it is it's not just about 2 guys fighting. Margarito was a champion who nobody knew. Mayweather would have done ALL the heavylifting and even had Margarito lost he would have been a lot more famous than he was before they fought.
    Oops

SigmaMu Guest

The way I remember this was that Tony called out Floyd and Arum offered Floyd $ 8 Million Dollars. This was way before Baldomir came into the picture. And Floyd peed on himself and he came up with this who is Tony bullshiet and so all of his little fan boys began saying the same thing and yet they all knew who Tony was unless they don't watch boxing at all. Long story short... This would be Floyd's biggest payday and he was afraid. Suddenly the term "If it makes money, it makes sense" was thrown out the window. Everyone wanted to see this fight except those Floyd fans who were afraid to see Floyd lose. (Even his fans were afraid) So Floyd went around contradicting himself back and forth and talking about he was not here to fight the best that he was in it for the money etc. Then Baldo came into the picture and Floyd was all over this fight to face an old Barney Rubble clone of a man. Although Floyd is a risk taker, he is not an idiot risk taker and from the looks of things he never will be which leads me to believe he will not be fighting any of the Welters we want to see him fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that good enough?

I respect his skill also. I also know that Margarito has just enough height and reach that Mayweather will in his punching range more often than vise versa.

There was another thread in here with people saying that Mayweather should not fight Pavlik as he is just too big and powerful. I say Margarito could potentially offer up the same advantages as Pavlik does. He is a natural Welterweight and has a huge size and power advantage over Floyd. Would it be enough to beat Mayweather? I don't know. I do know that Mayweather has shown a preference to fight smaller guys for some reason.
    Doubt Margarito has a huge power advantage, he does have an advantage, but no more in height and power than De La Hoya had. IMO Maragrito would be an easy fight for Floyd. Eventually if you go up the divisions you'll reach guys who could overwhelm Floyd with power, I'd Definitely put Pavlik in that category as most would, and would rate PBF the greatest fighter in history if he could pull off a legitimate win against him, dull or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has already proven that fighters with pisspoor defense will get dissected, no matter how much heart they have (Gatti, Corrales). The fighter I see being most problematic for Mayweather is Paul Williams because of his size and workrate and if he matched up right now with Cotto and beat him I'd say he has the chutzpah to call Mayweather out. The only other fight out there right now for PBF is Cotto.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd_Fears_Cotto
    The way I remember this was that Tony called out Floyd and Arum offered Floyd $ 8 Million Dollars. This was way before Baldomir came into the picture. And Floyd peed on himself and he came up with this who is Tony bullshiet and so all of his little fan boys began saying the same thing and yet they all knew who Tony was unless they don't watch boxing at all. Long story short... This would be Floyd's biggest payday and he was afraid. Suddenly the term "If it makes money, it makes sense" was thrown out the window. Everyone wanted to see this fight except those Floyd fans who were afraid to see Floyd lose. (Even his fans were afraid) So Floyd went around contradicting himself back and forth and talking about he was not here to fight the best that he was in it for the money etc. Then Baldo came into the picture and Floyd was all over this fight to face an old Barney Rubble clone of a man. Although Floyd is a risk taker, he is not an idiot risk taker and from the looks of things he never will be which leads me to believe he will not be fighting any of the Welters we want to see him fight.
    Man I am going to give you not one, but two CC's for this, but you are gonna get another one tomorrow!LOL

Thread Information