Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Marquez vs Pacman 1 - Who won?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marquez vs Pacman 1 - Who won?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez vs Pacman 1 - Who won?

I just watched this fight yesterday- I had 6 rounds to 6 , 114-111 for Pacman

ICB Guest

Default Re: Marquez vs Pacman 1 - Who won?

Marquez by 1 point on my card.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot my actual scorecard, but I had Marquez winning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jmm may have won more rounds but not enough to win the fight. pac won it imo. Jmm is real fwock now, he had a whole lot of trouble just to get a draw with pac when pac was one demensional just depending on his two jabs-straight left and speed. Now jmm has got to deal with a whole lot more angles and misdirection shots coming from pac, not to mention the speed and power is even more dangerous then before.

Gotta love jmm, that was his VERY best performance in that first fight with pac. No way in hell can jmm pull off another hodini escape for 12 full rounds. That fight defined Jmms entire career a once in a lifetime career defining moment, his a great fighter too but imo it'll be the same story over again. Just like eric and mab, they met their conquerer fighting against pacbeast.

In my scorecard, i think I gave jmm 7 rounds to 5. Jmm really needed atleast 2 more rounds to have a draw or win. He escape but imo he came up short in the scorecards. There won't be any scorecards in the rematch. My boy ain't gonna be thinking mega match with morales this time around, unlike the first fight. This time his gonna put an end to all the jmm comparison and then move on to bigger things

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    Jmm may have won more rounds but not enough to win the fight. pac won it imo. Jmm is real fwock now, he had a whole lot of trouble just to get a draw with pac when pac was one demensional just depending on his two jabs-straight left and speed. Now jmm has got to deal with a whole lot more angles and misdirection shots coming from pac, not to mention the speed and power is even more dangerous then before.

Gotta love jmm, that was his VERY best performance in that first fight with pac. No way in hell can jmm pull off another hodini escape for 12 full rounds. That fight defined Jmms entire career a once in a lifetime career defining moment, his a great fighter too but imo it'll be the same story over again. Just like eric and mab, they met their conquerer fighting against pacbeast.

In my scorecard, i think I gave jmm 7 rounds to 5. Jmm really needed atleast 2 more rounds to have a draw or win. He escape but imo he came up short in the scorecards. There won't be any scorecards in the rematch. My boy ain't gonna be thinking mega match with morales this time around, unlike the first fight. This time his gonna put an end to all the jmm comparison and then move on to bigger things

All these improvements you speak of didn't show in Pacquiao's last two fights.

Your right he doesn't need another Houdini performance, because he isn't going to get caught cold early this time. And he will repeat what he did last time without 3 knockdowns.

In my scorecard, i think I gave jmm 7 rounds to 5. Jmm really needed atleast 2 more rounds to have a draw or win. He escape but imo he came up short in the scorecards. There won't be any scorecards in the rematch. My boy ain't gonna be thinking mega match with morales this time around,

This was my exact scorecard.

1 Pacquiao 10-6
    2 Pacquiao 10-9
    3 Marquez 10-9
    4 Marquez 10-9
    5 Marquez 10-9
    6 Marquez 10-9
    7 Pacquiao 10-9
    8 Marquez 10-9
    9 Marquez 10-9
    10 Pacquiao 10-9
    11 Marquez 10-9
    12 Marquez 10-9

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess you ain't seen pacs recent fights.

Yea jmm is gonna need some magic help to pull off another draw.He ain't help himself either he abonden his full counter style. His coming forward a whole lot and his gonna get his head taken off by the 5th round in doing so. Pac isn't gonna toy around with him not how pac toy'd with larios, solis, and mab. pac is gonna shut down the critics again, too bad for jmm his in the bad end of the stick.

ICB Guest

Yea jmm is gonna need some magic help to pull off another draw.He ain't help himself either he abonden his full counter style. His coming forward a whole lot and his gonna get his head taken off by the 5th round in doing so. Pac isn't gonna toy around with him not how pac toy'd with larios, solis, and mab. pac is gonna shut down the critics again, too bad for jmm his in the bad end of the stick.

Oh yes i have multiple times, so you think his performances against Barrera, Solis, were good performances ??

Pac isn't gonna toy around with him not how pac toy'd with larios, solis, and mab. pac is gonna shut down the critics again, too bad for jmm his in the bad end of the stick.

I didn't think he toyed with Barrera in rematch or Solis, i just didn't think his performance's against Solis or Barrera were that impressive.

But we will see on March who is right and who is wrong, i don't do trash talking or etc. I think Marquez will win UD not easily but he will win UD IMO. I have a lot of respect for Pacquiao as well so if he wins you won't see any sour grapes from me. I think your find even though i went against Pacquiao in 2nd Barrera fight. Because Barrera was my favorite fighter i did state before fight that i thought Pacquiao would win but i was just going with Barrera because im big fan of his. But despite all this who was the first one on here that made a thread praising Pacquiao ?? and even though i had to change my name for 1 month to something embarrassing i was still first one here and i still manned up and gave Pacquiao his props and stood by my bet. You may think i hate Pacquiao but i have a lot of respect for him and i love watching his exciting style so may the better man win is all i can say.

But Marquez is one of my all time favorites so Marquez by UD IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Outside of the first round I would have Marquez by at least 2 rds.....Manny came out of the gate strong and stunned JMM in that opening bell...If you think about it....without that opening rd Marquez pretty much won comfortably
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Outside of the first round I would have Marquez by at least 2 rds.....Manny came out of the gate strong and stunned JMM in that opening bell...If you think about it....without that opening rd Marquez pretty much won comfortably
    Which is why Marquez won by a small margin in my eyes.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Marquez winning by 1 round.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel

Thats why I can't wait for the rematch....reguardeless of who any of us had as the winner in the first fight it was a hell of a bout
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquaio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez how was either fight not so decisively dominant by Pacquaio you were just wondering if it would go 12 rounds or not. Pacquaio beat Barrera way easier than Marquez did... he didn't just outhustle and punch Barrera like he did in the first fight, he used his superior speed and this time boxing skill to outpoint Barrera quite easily... I mean he landed twice as many punches as Barrera, Barrera only really caught him with stupid punches when Pacquaio went into his wild style once or twice which was his whole style back when he fought Marquez. Pacquaio is much more calm, he gets out of there a lot faster once he's done throwing combinations and he is a lot bigger than he used to be. Against Solis, a top ten opponent in a strong class, Pacquaio was in first gear and in total control of the fight, when he got cut, he stepped it up and beat Solis down within a few rounds, but considering he fought Barrera and Solis in first gear and had not problems with either of them is impressive. Especially considering how well Barrera has foughten since losing to him, and how close his fight with Marquez was. Regradless I thought Marquez won the first fight because Pacquaio couldn't do much after awhile and he was getting countered a rediculous amount.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel

Thats why I can't wait for the rematch....reguardeless of who any of us had as the winner in the first fight it was a hell of a bout
    Yeah mate, thats why a rematch is so mouth watering. This will be one hell of a fight I'm certain of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo "Finito" Lopez

Oh yes i have multiple times, so you think his performances against Barrera, Solis, were good performances ??

Yea I did, you didn't think how he beat mab far more easily then jmm did wasn't a good performance? And you say you understand and appreciate a technical bout. I wanted jmm to beat mab so jmm and pac can have their show down but I thought it was a very close fight between jmm and mab. If the k.d was ruled correctly it may have gone to mab but im actually glad it wasn't ruled a k.d so jmm could get a match with pac. So pac can be the one to take jmm out of the way.

I also thought pacs performance was good against solis, solis at best is a b level undefeated fighter. Up til pac was cut from a headbutt, pac was just cruising a long not really going past 1st gear. When pac felt it was time to step it up, solis was just ranned down and was clearly outmatched. I don't see how you can't see the difference between other fighters and the levels pac can go up at when he decides to step it up. Maybe you need to watch more carefully ice, watch eric, mab, larios, solis, when pac shifts into another level they feel it coming but can't stop it. you can even see it below my post at the vid of the greastest in sports. watch the half step of pac coming towards jmm, watch slowly as jmm feels something he can't stop coming hit him and drops him. The first round showed another level that jmm could not described. he went on to fight his way out of it for another 11 rounds though. I'm not the one to make escuses but pac slowed down after that first round. the k.d's may have done him no good cause it got him stuck into 1 gear and that was just the simple jabs and straight left. which is something jmm can obvioulsy deal with.

when pac is into high gear thats when his speed and power is just uncomfortable for his oppenents and they either crumble or run and try to survive. it was mab's strategy coming into the rematch, do not make pac go up a gear. if you watch round 6, mab caught pac with some good shots but pac came back with an onslaught. Mab is another fighter that switches gear, thats why he understand the danger of getting pac fired up. his strategy was good, try to box pac and avoid a war but it was useless cause even at first gear pac was a far better fighter then before.

Jmm needs to keep pac settled down to win, I doubt he can win on points though even if pac is at his box first gear like at the mab rematch. Either way its an uphill battle for jmm, if pac box, jmm will still have trouble cause pac's speed is just troublesome for all. some may think jmm might even have a harder time if pac settles on boxing and picks his shot and not get wild cause jmm did rely on pac getting wild to be able to counter him. Its picking his poison, jmm is going through hell again come march cause pac is a lot more accurate now. PAC did land over 50% of his power shot against mab in the rematch but that was in a dull fight as those who didn't enjoy the fight would say, you understand ice?

Pac isn't gonna toy around with him not how pac toy'd with larios, solis, and mab. pac is gonna shut down the critics again, too bad for jmm his in the bad end of the stick.

I didn't think he toyed with Barrera in rematch or Solis, i just didn't think his performance's against Solis or Barrera were that impressive.

But we will see on March who is right and who is wrong, i don't do trash talking or etc. I think Marquez will win UD not easily but he will win UD IMO. I have a lot of respect for Pacquiao as well so if he wins you won't see any sour grapes from me. I think your find even though i went against Pacquiao in 2nd Barrera fight. Because Barrera was my favorite fighter i did state before fight that i thought Pacquiao would win but i was just going with Barrera because im big fan of his. But despite all this who was the first one on here that made a thread praising Pacquiao ?? and even though i had to change my name for 1 month to something embarrassing i was still first one here and i still manned up and gave Pacquiao his props and stood by my bet. You may think i hate Pacquiao but i have a lot of respect for him and i love watching his exciting style so may the better man win is all i can say.

But Marquez is one of my all time favorites so Marquez by UD IMO.

In other words, your going for jmm with the same reason you went for mab against pac? cause they your favorite?

Thread Information