Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: So,Clottey v Cintron or Williams,which would you prefer and who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So,Clottey v Cintron or Williams,which would you prefer and who wins?

Thoughts on this? I'd rather see the Cintron fight as I think Williams would outwork Clottey through all 12 rounds. I think Cintron beats Clottey in tough,close decision although I would not be surprised to see Clottey win.

ICB Guest

Default Re: So,Clottey v Cintron or Williams,which would you prefer and who wins?

I think Clottey has style to beat Cintron i have said in the past Clottey may not do any 1 thing great. But he is good all rounder and a solid fighter with a pretty sound defense and a rock solid chin. Cintron has good power, decent speed, but he lacks heart and he has no Plan B. Watching Feliciano fight i was thinking what the hell are you doing fighting Felciano's fight for ?? all he had to do was take a step back a nail Feliciano with a counter shot as he was coming in. But he allowed Felciano to smother his shots, and i wasn't impressed how he couldn't stop a journeyman fighter like Felciano who had been stopped by light punching fighters in the past, plus i wasn't impressed how he let Feliciano fight his fight.

Clottey's constant pressure will dishearten Cintron and eventually Clottey will break Cintron's will and stop him in about 7 rounds. Sorry if i sound biased in this post but i have never seen anything much in Cintron he has good power and some good skills but he lacks heart and i don't think he has what it takes to beat a solid fighter like Clottey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So,Clottey v Cintron or Williams,which would you prefer and who wins?

Well Margarito fight aside,Kermit showed heart by beating Feliciano with a busted hand(I know I was,and still am critical because he over exagerrated with all the rolling around imo_) and Kermit certainly showed heart in the Reid fight too which was a war. So I don't think he's as weak willed as some say.

Also,in fights with high tempo,where he is being pressured,Clottey tends to gas.I've seen it in the Flores,Marg,Gutirrez and one or 2 other fights too. I don't see Clottey stopping Kermit because Clottey has average power imo.He didn't stop a Corrales who moved up two weights. I just think Cintron's power and jab could win him the fight but it would be close for sure. If Kermit uses his power on Clottey's wide open body,he can damage Clottey.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Thoughts on this? I'd rather see the Cintron fight as I think Williams would outwork Clottey through all 12 rounds. I think Cintron beats Clottey in tough,close decision although I would not be surprised to see Clottey win.
    Sorry didn't read all of the title you also asked Williams vs Clottey sorry about that. I see Williams beating Clottey by clear cut decision. Williams would tower over Clottey and out box him completely IMO. I think Clottey would struggle with a good boxer with movement. And although Williams isn't great mover, he still has the the reach, height, to keep the fight on the outside. Williams also uses good angles on the inside and outside. And mixes up his punches well to the body and head, i don't really think Clottey has much to really trouble Williams, pressure ?? nope Williams dealt with pressure fine against a much bigger and harder hitting Welterweight aka Margarito. Power ?? nope Clottey isn't a hard hitter.

I don't see what Clottey could do to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would rather at this time see Clottey vs. Williams, as Clottey earned his right to meet him and Cintron left PW hanging. I think it would be a pretty easy UD for Williams over Clottey. Clottey seems to fight at one pace and gets content with one game plan, at least the last few fights. Williams sets one pace too, but crazy one with high output and will make you work for every inch. Would be interesting for the 1st 6 rounds, but I could see Williams pulling away after that and frustrating Clottey in a 12 rounder.

I really don't know about Cintron/Clottey. Kermit does have power, and could conceivably get Clottey out in the 1st rounds. Clottey does keep coming, and though it's not constant in your face pressure, more like in and out, I could see him frustrating Cintron. I believe Feliciano was possesed that night, and will disagree with Finito about shots he took. He took some massive shots throughout the fight. How he stayed up is beyond me. But there were times at the end of several rounds where Cintron got that "I don't want to be here look", and Jesse doesn't even know how to put punches together and makes Andrade look like SRR Clottey does know how to put punches together and himself has a sturdy chin, so in the long haul I would give it to Clottey.

Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey would beet Cintron. His defence is too good and he's too fast. The only way for Cintron to win is Ko . Otherwise I see Clottey getting a decision. I mean, Cintron looked crap in the last fight. Yeh, I know the hand injury , but still, Clottey is smarter boxer and will beat Cintron

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron has to be one of the most frustrating guys out there Imo.All the tools and weapons a Champion can be blessed with but To me his biggest questions to be answered are internal and mental.I believe he has the one punch power to put alot of guys to sleep,there just looks to be "doubts" running through his mind.He has beautiful range,long jab and a varity of punches ....He has to put EVERYTHING together.Against Feliciano he did himself a major diservice buy looking for one shot,Standing in front of basically a hyped up Grade C fighter and forgetting everything manny was telling him.Also I really dont think his hand was a key factor,yeh he may have injured it but Come on man,This built in "excuse" for spotty preformance's latley is becoming WAY to common..(and convienent).I must be nuts but there is some thing that has me still picking him over Williams.
    Not totally sold on Williams as the next long term thing.Needs to get in the mix and get in the ring.Awesome offensive machine ,Frame like Hearns and an output like Juan Diaz.Pretty good chin but he catches alot of shots unnecessary.He fights all crowded and smothered,bent over in close and sacrifices solid power Imo.He had a baptism under fire Vs.Margarito but it was in no way a wide margin and Margarito was putting it on him late,That cut had him rattled as well.In alot of ways his next fight might tell us more than the Tony FightHas great potential and promise,size and workrate.Think he could deal with Clotteys punch and out hustle him bigtime,ecspecially late as Clottey tires.Against a rangy puncher like Cintron ...I am definatley in the minority here but To me ,He could be very there to get "got".
    Clottey as stated before is a workhorse.Good all around show Vs. Alvarez last time out but could have made a Huge statement with TKO (It was there to happen Imo).works body real nice in company with straight right but footwork leaves some to be desired.Solid tough chin but not so dramatic power I think he would ask Cintron some questions and if Cintron fought like he did with Feliciano ,I could possibly see Clottey beating him but thats a major "IF" . Bottom lining it:
    Cintron Beats Williams/Cintron 50/50 vs.Clottey
    Williams Beats Clottey/Williams lose to Cintron
    Clottey lose Williams/Clottey 50/50 Cintron .May end up in double no-mas if they hurt there mitts again Lol.Clear headed Cintron & smart game plan Beats Clottey.
    Antonio "To be avoided again" Margarito W.12 Williams/W.TKO Cintron/W.12 Clottey!! Need Coffee!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanna see Clottey vs. Williams.
    Style wise that's the fight to see. They both have good output Williams better then Clottey. Clottey has the better defense.

It's a give and take battle in my eyes. Would love to see that 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey vs either of these 2 would be a great fight but i think he beats Cintron probably by late stoppage and Williams will win UD12.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    Clottey vs either of these 2 would be a great fight but i think he beats Cintron probably by late stoppage and Williams will win UD12.
    i second that dude
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information