Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Street fights\ Backyard brawls

Boys and Girls we need to try and quash these threads before they get started, they are not what this board is about at all, whatever your discipline it isn't intended to be used in a backyard or in a street fight, at least not the kind of streetfighting that often gets mentioned. I understand the importance of being able to defend yourself and thats what gyms and classes are for, they are not, and neither is this board, a quick solution to a school bully or way to win illegal fights on parking lots.

Regards
    Memphis
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Street fights\Backyard brawls

Sorry I understand that this is a boxing forum. I shouldn't have asked that question.I'm not the type that likes violence anyway. Sorry Memphis I'm leaving this forum anyway I think I've upset a lot of people. Thankx to the people who answered my questions and thanks MEMPHIS for the links they are good.

Regards

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont feel that you have to leave, and dont think that the post was directed at you as it wasnt, if you look back through the pages you will see this subject brought up alot by different people, why dont you stick around, read the learn to box article, browse through some older posts and then take it from there, there are plenty of people here who can help you in all sorts of areas, dont give up before you get started.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Memphis, this board shouldn't be used to discuss illegal fighting and stuff like that. However, if you are having bulley problems and are not a member of a boxing gym or anything like that, I don't see a problem with explaining your situation and asking for advice.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DMD
    However, if you are having bulley problems and are not a member of a boxing gym or anything like that, I don't see a problem with explaining your situation and asking for advice.
    I sympathise if someone has that problem but is that really what the training forum is for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres nothing on the board you can learn about fighting a street fight. Im sure there are lots of people on here (like me) who have been in them and realize how different they are from boxing. In boxing, if you knock a guy down, you don't put the boots to his kidneys while he's laying there.. like you would in a street fight, cause you never know who has a gun. Learn to box, and then if street fights happen, use your fighting knowledge to protect your ass. But when it comes down to it.. in a street fight, your fighting for your life. So your gonna use your survival insticts anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by DMD
    However, if you are having bulley problems and are not a member of a boxing gym or anything like that, I don't see a problem with explaining your situation and asking for advice.
    I sympathise if someone has that problem but is that really what the training forum is for?
    It should be alright for someone to post a topic once every now and then, but not a whole bunch of topics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Boys and Girls we need to try and quash these threads before they get started, they are not what this board is about at all, whatever your discipline it isn't intended to be used in a backyard or in a street fight, at least not the kind of streetfighting that often gets mentioned. I understand the importance of being able to defend yourself and thats what gyms and classes are for, they are not, and neither is this board, a quick solution to a school bully or way to win illegal fights on parking lots.

Regards
    Memphis
    These kinds of questions have been coming to the forum since the board started and if we can shed light on people who need to ask a question such events, so be it. It is no good repressing information when it might save people lives etc
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well what some people here need to realise is that not everyone lives in a big city and some of us dont have access to boxing training. You cant train with a gym when there is no gym around that does boxing. I think if people here need help with a street fight situation, we should help them.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I think I overdid it with the topics. I should ask my trainer this. Its just my muay thai class isn't like a gym. We have gradings, kickshields, focus mitts and speedballs but no heavybags. And sometimes I think the class is either too advanced and sometimes its too easy. He doesn't really tell us about the different ranges footwork etc. He mainly just tells us which combos to do and then we do them. There are no boxing gyms in my area because I live in the country. Thats why I ask all these questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dopes
    Yeah I think I overdid it with the topics. I should ask my trainer this. Its just my muay thai class isn't like a gym. We have gradings, kickshields, focus mitts and speedballs but no heavybags. And sometimes I think the class is either too advanced and sometimes its too easy. He doesn't really tell us about the different ranges footwork etc. He mainly just tells us which combos to do and then we do them. There are no boxing gyms in my area because I live in the country. Thats why I ask all these questions.
    See mate thats my point. I live in the country and the only place that teaches boxing has just stopped teaching boxing coz the guy who trains the boxers has quit. I think some ppl need to realise that not everyone has access to some of these facilities.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not about having facilities, its the difference between....

"I don't live near a gym, what training can I do"

and

"This dude in school is talking shit, how can I pound him"

This is a boxing forum, street fighting is not boxing, its quick and its dirty and in most cases it loses anything resembling proper technique after the first punch is thrown, if anyone wants to offer the kind of advice that would be usefull in that situation thats fine, but instead of dressing it up as "potentially life saving" also think of it as potentially life ending. In my opinion the only way to keep a clear conscience is to not get involved.

Ive never been in a situation where I thought for a minute my life was in danger, but if anyone here has and fancies assuming the role of forum expert in such situations then carry on, just remember to be as forthcoming when little Johhny Nobrains punches some dude in the throat and kills him just because he talked smack to him in the playground.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Its not about having facilities, its the difference between....

"I don't live near a gym, what training can I do"

and

"This dude in school is talking shit, how can I pound him"

This is a boxing forum, street fighting is not boxing, its quick and its dirty and in most cases it loses anything resembling proper technique after the first punch is thrown, if anyone wants to offer the kind of advice that would be usefull in that situation thats fine, but instead of dressing it up as "potentially life saving" also think of it as potentially life ending. In my opinion the only way to keep a clear conscience is to not get involved.

Ive never been in a situation where I thought for a minute my life was in danger, but if anyone here has and fancies assuming the role of forum expert in such situations then carry on, just remember to be as forthcoming when little Johhny Nobrains punches some dude in the throat and kills him just because he talked smack to him in the playground.
    Hey well what about this. Some guy wants to beat the shit out of you coz he just doesnt like you and you didnt even want to fight him but he says hes gonna bash you after school by himself or another time with his mates situation. I know this situation well coz i believe it was one of my first posts. By the way i ened up beating the shit out of him when he tryed to bash me after school.....even after he was expelled.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good one snakey!!!! I agree that this isn't a streetfighting forum but everyone at my school knows I do muay thai and if i get beaten up it would be embarrasing because like you said memphis streetfighting is different and people expect I'm a good fighter but anyone can get their butt kicked in a streetfight. I just wanted to know so if someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around and he hits me I can knock him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dopes
    good one snakey!!!! I agree that this isn't a streetfighting forum but everyone at my school knows I do muay thai and if i get beaten up it would be embarrasing because like you said memphis streetfighting is different and people expect I'm a good fighter but anyone can get their butt kicked in a streetfight. I just wanted to know so if someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around and he hits me I can knock him out.
    give it your best shot, you do this and he'll do this and he'll end up like this

Thread Information