Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins this one? How & why? Let's hear it...vote & discuss.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoyo's!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoyo's!

Many years ago… & I mean many many years ago…this fight would have most boxing fans soiling themselves, but today & in the upcoming weeks to the bout…the majority of us are still scratching our fwockin heads.

What am I talking about?

I’m talking about boxings’ first star studded offer of the New Year : the January 19th, 2008 “superfight” featuring Roy Jones jr & Tito Trinidad as they battle it out for…errrrrmmmm…well…I suppose the right to say…I beat the man…that was a beaten man.

Honestly…I really don’t care for this match up…period…whether it be now or then. It’s just not that much of a nail biter for me. There’s no drama in it & there’s really not much competition to be brought, in Wacko’s humble opinion.

That being said…I’ll be watching…& covering it from the couch for another installment of Wacko’s Round by Round…Jones jr vs. Trinidad.

With both men near either of their primes, this could be a bit more competitive than it had a chance of being nearly a decade or so ago. Roy’s nowhere near his former “athletically superior” self & Trinidad hasn’t fought in two years…he’s also never beaten a boxer with a defense or ability to work a game plan.

It’s easy to categorize both men as stars…or previous one’s & their surely veterans…coming in at age 39 for Jones and 35 years of age for Trinidad. The thing is…the years have not been that kind to them as they have both been humiliated in the late stages of their careers. While there are many factors to be discussed…probably too many to list in this synopsis…I’d honestly rather us all drum ‘em up in this thread than me list them here on the front page.

Well…a Happy New Year to all on board…& let’s get set for another great year in boxing. As usual…I’ll be covering the bout from the couch…round by round…so do what you do best…look, listen, & let’s all learn from another set of combatants.

Break out the chips & salsa, pour up your poison of choice me bwoyo’s…it’s fight night come January the 19th, 2007.

That's all there is...talk amongst yee-selves!

Cheers bitches…& koneecheewah.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoyo's!

I voted Jones by TKO or KO...here's why.

While I didn’t want to put them on the title page…here’s what I think is going to factor in to the Jones Trinidad bout.

Out of all the variables that will decide the outcome…these are the ones that I believe will lead to a Jones win.

First off…Factor #1: Weight. Both hitters will battle at an agreed catch weight of 170lbs. This could factor in to a loss to either…but I doubt that it favors Tito more than Jones as far as a win goes. I think that the extra weight added to Tito…it’ll hurt him more than the small amount of weight that Jones will have to drop.

Another thing to factor in on top of the weight…

Factor #2 : Layoff. Both men have been out for a bit…but Tito has been out for two years…to add to that…he’s had his ass handed to him in a most humiliating way just prior to that layoff. Granted that Jones has a few losses now…two of which have been devastating ones…they still don’t factor in that much for me as far as the layoff & Factor #3 do. Jones has gone 2 in 0 in his last two fights beating the highly regarded Prince Badi Ajamu & the undefeated prospect Tony Hanshaw. Against Badi Jones showed that he could still take a shot & was able to work through some adversity. Against Hanshaw Jones showed that he still has his much hyped speed & reflexes…both of which he’ll need to stifle Trinidad.

Factor #3 : Skills & abilities. Hands down…this is what’s going to put Tito on his ass. Jones is lightning fast…even as he winds down his “super star” career & he’s still got his pop. Trinidad? Not so much. It’s not the power that I think will be gone for Trinidad when he climbs through the ropes. It’s not that at all…more or less…it’s the fact that Jones is a very accurate & technical boxer & Trinidad is proven to be a fall guy for that type of combatant.

While I am sure that the list can go on & on…that’s about as far as I think it’ll go…& as far as I think that it’ll go?

6 rounds…8 max. Jones by TKO.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoyo's!

Nice Breakdown Wacko,did you see Roy rubbing his hands together and smiling ear to ear last night on FNF's?Get your cotton candy and stale beer ready...here comes the Circus.
    To be honest on this one,I could give two shits about this fight at this point .IMO one should have stayed retired and the other should head to retirement asap.Jones has been feinding for this one prior to Tito vs.Hopkins Fight.
    Even at this point I think Jones has way to much left for Trinidad.Sad thing after he pee-lay's Trinidad we'll have to endure ALL of the "Hes back Blah,blah" stuff.
    Not to sound like a fem. but good to see ya Wacko,thought you went out and joined the Peace Corps or something.RBR's are a major highlight.Jones tko midway........Possible in between rounds TKO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs In 'Nawlins
    Nice Breakdown Wacko,did you see Roy rubbing his hands together and smiling ear to ear last night on FNF's?Get your cotton candy and stale beer ready...here comes the Circus.
    Thanks babe. I agree pretty much totally agree here...the circus is indeed on the way.

To be honest on this one,I could give two shits about this fight at this point .IMO one should have stayed retired and the other should head to retirement asap.Jones has been feinding for this one prior to Tito vs.Hopkins Fight.
    Agreed...I couldn't give a shat about thisun either. Tito shouldv'e stayed retired...IWHO...he's borderline jokish now.

Even at this point I think Jones has way to much left for Trinidad.Sad thing after he pee-lay's Trinidad we'll have to endure ALL of the "Hes back Blah,blah" stuff.
    Jones indeedee-do have enough left in the tank to outwork Teet-ho!

I honestly believe that Jones is back...I think he has been ever since he got through Tarver...even though it was disappointing & ugly...he needed to atleast walk out on his feet & beating Badji-boo & Hanshaw probably did a lot more for him than those humbling losses to Tarver & Johnson.

Not to sound like a fem. but good to see ya Wacko,thought you went out and joined the Peace Corps or something.RBR's are a major highlight.Jones tko midway........Possible in between rounds TKO.
    Nah babe...just a lot of shat going on 'round the house. I've got a sick granny that dominates a chunk of me time...& then a 3 year old daughter that owns the rest of it. Family life dictates.

Anywho...thanks for the love & concern.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Wacko, Trials & Tribulations do demand our attention.Family the most important!Absolutely. CC back at ya in 24. For some reason "an error has occurred"?? Karma dictates although I have not CC'd ya yet.You can only do one A Day.WTF. Later days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoy

I voted RJJ by tko, too...for the obvious reasons that wacko stated above...
    But Tito might get lucky with a left hook...we will see...
    BTW on the same day Chagaev will defend his title...so I'm looking forward to january...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko's Round by Round of Roy Jones jr vs Tito Trinidad! Happy New Year bwoy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss
    BTW on the same day Chagaev will defend his title...so I'm looking forward to january...
    Johnny.

There's always a possibility of a lucky hook here there or the other...but I aint so sure that Trinidad will get to be so set on his feet as necessary to handle someone like Jones. He was shit out of luck against Hopkins & honestly...I hate to even bring up the Wright fight...basically just out of respect for the Tito fans...you know what...no I don't!

He was laughable against Wright. Trinidad was beaten with the same three shots all night long with repetition. A right jab & a few lefts thrown in for good times sake...if I aint mistaken.

Jones has got a lot more in his arsenal than that. Tito's fans get lined up all night & press the issue that his power is going to be the great equalizer...it won't be.

He's in for a really long night, IWHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Johnny.

There's always a possibility of a lucky hook here there or the other...but I aint so sure that Trinidad will get to be so set on his feet as necessary to handle someone like Jones. He was S*** out of luck against Hopkins & honestly...I hate to even bring up the Wright fight...basically just out of respect for the Tito fans...you know what...no I don't!

He was laughable against Wright. Trinidad was beaten with the same three shots all night long with repetition. A right jab & a few lefts thrown in for good times sake...if I aint mistaken.

Jones has got a lot more in his arsenal than that. Tito's fans get lined up all night & press the issue that his power is going to be the great equalizer...it won't be.

CC back wackman...

I don't doubt that RJJ will win this as long as he doesn't fight the way he did against Tarver in their third fight...
    Trinidad not only might get lucky,but he needs to get lucky to win...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Johnny.

There's always a possibility of a lucky hook here there or the other...but I aint so sure that Trinidad will get to be so set on his feet as necessary to handle someone like Jones. He was S*** out of luck against Hopkins & honestly...I hate to even bring up the Wright fight...basically just out of respect for the Tito fans...you know what...no I don't!

CC back wackman...

I don't doubt that RJJ will win this as long as he doesn't fight the way he did against Tarver in their third fight...
    Trinidad not only might get lucky,but he needs to get lucky to win...

He won't. Atleast I don't think so. I don't think that he'll have to work as much as he did against Prince Badji-Boo! I honestly believe that this will be Jones's easiest bout.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones on points. In a less than exciting fight. But I'll still be watching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy hasn't knocked anyone out in 5 and a half years. As washed up as Trinidad is and as out of depth he is as far as weight, he does have a pretty decent chin. Roy will most likely win a decision.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a big welcome back to the Wacko boxing wagon....

One thing that does seem to be thrown up there as a possible prize for RJJ is a potential moneyspinner with Joe Calzaghe, although Hopkins remains the favourite for that one.

As for this fight, I've no doubts it'll be fairly entertaining, after all they both have points to prove, but I think his activity more recently will see RJJ much sharper, and will probably put Tito away. Hopefully, however, I don't think that this will be a total mismatch, as they are both legends and will both lean on the skills learnt over the years, rather than the speed and power of youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    As for this fight, I've no doubts it'll be fairly entertaining, after all they both have points to prove, but I think his activity more recently will see RJJ much sharper, and will probably put Tito away. Hopefully, however, I don't think that this will be a total mismatch, as they are both legends and will both lean on the skills learnt over the years, rather than the speed and power of youth.
    I'll agree that this one will be entertaining...but only for the duration...which I can't see going the stretch.

I think that it'll actually be a mismatch.

Trinidad has terrible luck in with slickstes & speedsters. Jones should & could eat him apart. It'd say alot for Jones to stop him in 6-8 rounds...& I truly believe that he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

s to all aboard the thread.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st and fore most CC#3358 to me bwoy! Wacko...

I can't believe I fucken voted.

Anywho I went with RJJ via UD. I think this will be snoozer IMO and he who orders it on PPV should be slapped.

Thread Information