Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Gold Medalist's Who Were Disappointing In there Pro Career

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Olympic Gold Medalist's Who Were Disappointing In there Pro Career

Meldrick Taylor = Some People may hate me for this choice, but for the talent he had he didn't achieve nowhere near what he should have.

Tyrell Biggs

Henry Tillman

Leon Spinks

David Reid

Paul Gonzales

Audley Harrison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Olympic Gold Medalist's Who Were Disappointing In there Pro Career

hey ICB do you think that Audley has a chance to become world champ or do you think the guuys finished.. Something went badly wrong with him..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    hey ICB do you think that Audley has a chance to become world champ or do you think the guuys finished.. Something went badly wrong with him..
    I never thought Harrison was much too be honest mate. And no i don't think he has a chance at all of becoming World Champion he has got serious faults which no trainer can help him with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley Harrison without doubt and to some degree I actually feel sorry for him but in a funny way

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes old and its over for him. The only remote chance he has of winning a title is if Skelton beats Chagaev and then skelton defends against fraud and somehow he beats him. But Skelton would knock fraud out anyway.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did Breland not win gold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hi lefty lee,

sorry i cant reply email me what sets your intrested in my email address is on my site and ill tell u the prices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    yer he did win gold breland

and we call harrison

fruldly harrison

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Meldrick Taylor
    Tyrell Biggs
    David Reid
    Paul Gonzales
    Great call on these ICB.... All had loads of talent but surpsingly did not do well as pros.

I will say I'm not big on the amateur boxing but I know these because they either fought some opponent I know and or they were pretty big stories.....

Mohamad Abdulaev - More famously know for qutting against Cotto. (Whom he beat as an am.)
    Howard Davis Jr. - God was he talented, had a decent career but not what one might have thought he would have.
    Michael Carruth - Irelands 1st boxing Gold medalist started off well had a slip then bounced back got a title shot in the 90's but lost.
    István Kovács - I think he was a gold medalist... I know he was a great amateur.
    Rey Mercer - Aside from the WBO title and the wins over Tommy & Whiterspoon theres nothing much that he did.
    Lazlo Papp - I know of him cause he's in the IBHOF but for being a 3 time medalist and having a 27-0 career with NO major I wouldn't call it disappointing but not what one would have expected I'm sure of Papp.
    Pete Rademacher - More famous known for fighting Floyd Patterson and the World Title on his 1st fight.

*Was Frank Tate a gold medalist? If so him too.
    **And if all of them aren't gold medalist well then ignore my post. :P

Also is it just me or does Hungary produce some of the best amateurs around? I know people say Cuba.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally wouldnt call Marks career disapointing he had some really good wins.
    I think it's somewhat 50/50 cause although he was able to capture a title and sucessfully defend it he didn't have any BIG wins.

I guess it is.... I don't know....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Also is it just me or does Hungary produce some of the best amateurs around? I know people say Cuba.
    I was thinking about his earlier, they do produce a lot of good amatuers. So do Kazakhstan. Please, no Borat jokes.

I know his career is not over yet but Andre Ward's career has been a let down so far.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Im right wasnt Joe Frazier the 1st oylimpic Heavy champ to win the world Title
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh, Frazier was. But Ingemar Johannssen could have been. His chance was robbed from him when he was dq'd for "not giving his best" in the olympics final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernard Taylor was a big disappointment. He didn't fight for gold because of the 1980 boycott of the Soviet Olympics. He had an amazing amateur record but bad luck at the top as a pro.

ICB Guest

But what was so disappointing about his career ?? he held the World Welterweight title and made multiple defenses.

Thread Information