Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao draws up 2008 wishlist which includes a bout with Hatton...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao draws up 2008 wishlist which includes a bout with Hatton...

Manny Pacquiao and his trainer Freddy Roach have came up with a wishlist of who they want to fight this year. First off it's JMM which happens is March and providing he gets through that he wants to fight at lightweight and then light-welterweight against Hatton.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...016061,00.html

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao draws up 2008 wishlist which includes a bout with Hatton...

Id concentrate on JMM first then one step at a time
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao draws up 2008 wishlist which includes a bout with Hatton...

I'd love to see Hatton vs Pac
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    I wouldn't it would be a joke, like i said in the other thread. Pacquiao started off as a Flyweight thats 7 weight classes below Jr Welterweight. Hatton would be much too strong for Pacquiao and would bully him all around the ring. Why doesn't Pacquiao fight fighters like Guzman, Valero, J.Diaz etc. Pacquiao moving up to fight Hatton at Jr Welterweight is a ridiculous choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman needs to STFU and take 1 fight at a time. And I have little to no interest in seeing a Hatton fight. I'd rather watch him match the dangermen in and around his weight class than jump 2 classes and fight Ricky,especially when there are guys like Juan Diaz,Kats,GuzmanValero etc etc around. I have a feeling that they are going to fight David Diaz and then go to 140,for which he'll be rightly criticised.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and theres even talk of the Pac Man vs ODLH..?? This would just LOOK funny before a single punch is even thrown!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    I wouldn't it would be a joke, like i said in the other thread. Pacquiao started off as a Flyweight thats 7 weight classes below Jr Welterweight. Hatton would be much too strong for Pacquiao and would bully him all around the ring. Why doesn't Pacquiao fight fighters like Guzman, Valero, J.Diaz etc. Pacquiao moving up to fight Hatton at Jr Welterweight is a ridiculous choice.
    Please bare in mind i'm a Hatton fanboy.

I don't want to see him lose.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc ice i agree with you. But for the case of Manny he could see a Hatton fight as an amazing chance to get a good pay cheque. Other than that I believe he should just fight the superfeather elite and Juan Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is a serious threat and might put a hold on PAC's plans early.

A have huge doubts that Paquiao could handle The Baby Bull at 135.

But if he does get by both of those fights then I could see a fight with Hatton happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan

But if he does get by both of those fights then I could see a fight with Hatton happening.
    CC Rookie Fan! I completely agree with every point you just made! Marquez is arguably the best fighter that Pac has every faced.

I also don't think Pac could handle Juan Diaz at 135. Although I would love to see Manny ROCK Juan because he's compltely picking on a smaller fighter. Diaz needs to pick on people his weight or even bigger. I think it looks bad when someone goes looking for someone in a lighter weight class.

Even if Pac gets through Diaz at 135, fighting at 140 right after would be stupid. His punching power wouldn't be a factor coming into the fight. Hatton is at his absolute best at 140 and would destroy Pac if he ever caught him. This would be a money making machine though. Imagine, Pac fans are obsessed and Hatton fans are insane. The battle between countries would be massive!!! But the battle in the ring would be quick.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12

CC Rookie Fan! I completely agree with every point you just made! Marquez is arguably the best fighter that Pac has every faced.

I also don't think Pac could handle Juan Diaz at 135. Although I would love to see Manny ROCK Juan because he's compltely picking on a smaller fighter. Diaz needs to pick on people his weight or even bigger. I think it looks bad when someone goes looking for someone in a lighter weight class.

Even if Pac gets through Diaz at 135, fighting at 140 right after would be stupid. His punching power wouldn't be a factor coming into the fight. Hatton is at his absolute best at 140 and would destroy Pac if he ever caught him. This would be a money making machine though. Imagine, Pac fans are obsessed and Hatton fans are insane. The battle between countries would be massive!!! But the battle in the ring would be quick.
    So what do you call Pac fighting smaller guys like Solis, Valasquez and Larios? I call that simply picking on smaller fighters. Be aware of your claims it makes you look bad when your favorite boxer has made a big splash mastering the art ! I personally would love to see Pac muscled around the ring and having to deal with superior power from an opponent for a change and seeing how he adapts ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's true. a pac-hatton fight would be huge especially if pac hurdles jmm and the baby bull. both pac and hatton has huge fanatical followings and just for the financial aspect of it it makes sense, notwithstanding it's gonna be a style match-up made in heaven. so don't be surprise boys if it does happen later this year or early 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac might have started off at flyweight but you seem to be forgetting that he turned pro at 17 years old. he was still a growing boy. he's gained mass over the years and is fighting naturally heavier as he gets older.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12

So what do you call Pac fighting smaller guys like Solis, Valasquez and Larios? I call that simply picking on smaller fighters. Be aware of your claims it makes you look bad when your favorite boxer has made a big splash mastering the art ! I personally would love to see Pac muscled around the ring and having to deal with superior power from an opponent for a change and seeing how he adapts ......
    "Be aware of my claims?" Solis, Velasquez, and Larios did come from smaller weight classes, but did you hear Pac publicly call any of those guys out? I don't think so. Diaz is CALLING Pacquiao out. Be aware of what I said before coming back and making a rebuttal on something you didn't understand properly...

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser
    pac might have started off at flyweight but you seem to be forgetting that he turned pro at 17 years old. he was still a growing boy. he's gained mass over the years and is fighting naturally heavier as he gets older.
    No Kkisser I have not forgotten. It is visibly apparent Pac is a bigger man than his recent opponents despite hitting the scales at the same weight as featherweights and superfeatherweights. Pac is all muscle and his opponents have also moved up but without the ability to carry the same muscle mass on their frames. Pac is still maturing into his weight and I see no problems at 135. I do see all his advantages negated at 140 since his boxing skills are limited. I keep hearing how he has improved the last year. really based on 2 fights? ( A featherweight Solis & and a beyond his prime Barrera) We will see in March just how much he has improved ( His style is comical and amatuerish but his power allows him to do so until he fight an equally hard puncher). JMM lacks in the power punching department as Rocky Juarez mentioned recently to a Phillipine radio host that "JMM has average power". A close Pac win will leave many observers still questioning Pac's accomplishments. Pac's best matches at this weight class are against Soto (power & heart) and Guzman against someone who may actually be faster than Pac. Juan Diaz appears to be his only true risk since entering the ring against MAB in their 1st fight. Then again Pac had little to lose or pressure on him that night.

Thread Information