Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold??

I've recently seen on boxingtalk.com that a Judah vs. Margarito fight is in the works. Obviously, this is nothing more than another tune-up for Zab but I can't help but wonder what his future plans are. I'm not so sure that a rematch with Cotto would be very different, perhaps if he was more patient and didn't try to trade shots with Cotto he could win a UD. I guess he could go for Cintron since Kermit doesn't seem to want anything to do with Paul Williams. I think that I would take Judah in that fight.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold??

I would have picked Judah in a good fight before he lost to Baldomir a couple years back. NOW, I think it's more of a tune up for Margarito.. I guess your entitled to your illusions, don't expect many serious responses though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold??

I see a bright future on Friday Night Fights for Zab, so he can be the "has been" that all the prospects get to fight on ESPN. Seeing as how Margarito will brutalize Judah worse than Cotto did, I don't see much more for Zab other than hanging with T. Atlas on a regular basis. Maybe he can fight Ruben Galvan again to regain his composure after Tony makes him do another dance
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah could be a dominating force at 140, don't know why he doesn't go back there.

Judah vs. Malignaggi? Could be a good fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Judah could be a dominating force at 140, don't know why he doesn't go back there.

140 would be great for Zab, but he's too stubborn. Hatton vs. Judah would be a classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now that Zab Judah's next tune up is in the works, what does the future hold

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

140 would be great for Zab, but he's too stubborn. Hatton vs. Judah would be a classic.
    Yep, Hatton/Judah would be a classic and I always thought Hatton should have tried to make that fight at 140 or 147 before trying his hand with Floyd. If it went the distance I would have given it to Hatton, but Zab is very active in those beginning rounds and very well could have sparked Hatton out, especially at 147 weight. At least Hatton could have gotten a sense of superior speed at the least, and getting slapped from angles. I still wouldn't mind seeing it.

And Frozen, you know I'm just giving you a hard time about Zab don't you?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION

Yep, Hatton/Judah would be a classic and I always thought Hatton should have tried to make that fight at 140 or 147 before trying his hand with Floyd. If it went the distance I would have given it to Hatton, but Zab is very active in those beginning rounds and very well could have sparked Hatton out, especially at 147 weight. At least Hatton could have gotten a sense of superior speed at the least, and getting slapped from angles. I still wouldn't mind seeing it.

And Frozen, you know I'm just giving you a hard time about Zab don't you?

Yeah I know. Everybody gives me a hard time with Zab.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know, i give Judah a good chance against Margarito. Margarito is no Tszyu, Cotto or PBF and if Zab has a good fight before facing Margo then i would pick him to win a UD.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've recently seen on boxingtalk.com that a Judah vs. Margarito fight is in the works. Obviously, this is nothing more than another tune-up for Zab
    In true frozensolid style....
    Margarito is nothing more then a tune up fight for him....
    I bet my life you, yourself almost pissed your pants when you came up with that joke. Good one frozen one of your best if I must say.

If anything Zabs just a tune up fight for Margarito. Zabs 2-3 and 1 NC while Margaritos 5-1 in their last 6 fights. You gotta love Zab fans and their never say die style.

I'm not so sure that a rematch with Cotto would be very different, perhaps if he was more patient and didn't try to trade shots with Cotto he could win a UD. I guess he could go for Cintron since Kermit doesn't seem to want anything to do with Paul Williams. I think that I would take Judah in that fight.
    I have to applaud you for your consistency it's to be proud of.
    IMO Zab should go after someone like Yuba, Ouali, Santillan. (Who?) Those are the fighters he's actually got a chance against.

I can't help but wonder what his future plans are.
    Well I don't wanna come across as rude or cold hearted but here's what I'm thinking.

http://www.retirementhomes.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's severely on the slide and needs a big change, maybe he should try and get back to 140lbs.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' (Yoits)Dan McCarthy
    He's severely on the slide and needs a big change, maybe he should try and get back to 140lbs.
    I agree. I think Zab's a total punk but I really enjoy watching him fight... Therefore, I'd like to see him do anything but keep fighting top WW's with a no hoper tune up in between. I think he should fight someone like Soto-Karass... The slightly less than world class guys who are still excellent fighters.. I think Zab Judah needs an opponent who can bring it to him yet one that he can hit a lot... Just to get him used to the idea of a real fight.. Not tune up's against no hopers mixed with beatdowns at the hands of the top WW's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would call it more of a "Tune Out" fight for Zab

He'll be tuned out nicely after about 7-8 rounds.

The sad part is, I like Zab. Why oh Why did he take this fight? I will give him this, he is willing to get in there with anyone.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a quote from Zab on boxing talk about finding his next fight, apparently the Margarito fight isn't done and maybe it isn't going to be.

"Joshua Clottey, I couldn't find him. Kermit Cintron, I couldn't find him. Antonio Margarito, I couldn't find him. Sugar Shane Mosley, I couldn't find him. Actually Sugar Shane Mosley was spotted today in the Las Vegas mall but I couldn't get to him in time. Floyd Mayweather Jr, I couldn't find him. Paul Williams, I couldn't find him. Miguel Cotto, I couldn't find him. "

Everyone's ducking him (even Floyd and Cotto ) I had a feeling this was gonna happen to Super

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With his great hand speed, I give Judah a great shot against the much slower Margarito. For about 4 rounds. After that Judah will fall apart

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I would have picked Judah in a good fight before he lost to Baldomir a couple years back. NOW, I think it's more of a tune up for Margarito.. I guess your entitled to your illusions, don't expect many serious responses though.
    CC in 24 man. Isn't it sad when people are this desperate for attention that they will create childish threads like this? I mean honestly...
    Margarito? A tune up? For Judah?
    hahahahahaha.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information