Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: cleto reyes gloves

i'm looking for these gloves to give me a good comfort level, allow me to hit the bags, pads and spar safe, i' prepaired to pay good money for a good product, i dont want them to fall apart after 50, 60 rounds of work and my hands to be ruined in the process nor do i want my sparring partners to be injured by my blows because of the gloves

i once wore a really old pair, didn't get the chance to use them, they where really worn down at the time

to answer a members question, yes there frm ebay but i can get them from a respected boxing store to

overall do you guys think there worth the money?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're a lot more durable than a pair or Everlast gloves. I use them almost on a regular basis for bagwork, you even ask Scrap about what the fighters at the gym that he goes to thinks about them when it comes to durability.

If you can get the real deal for a good price, then go for it. I don't regret getting mine.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Reyes gloves on you feel destructive, you feel as if you could KO naybody, but when you get hit with them it really hurts. I mean it actually hurts even in sparrng to get hit with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hitman and Chris, Ive wondered as well what exactly is the difference between say the pro training gloves sold by ringside as they are a USA distributor vs. others?? Ive heard the ones available in the states are not the real deal before, but I'd hope for that price they are!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hydroman19
    Hitman and Chris, Ive wondered as well what exactly is the difference between say the pro training gloves sold by ringside as they are a USA distributor vs. others?? Ive heard the ones available in the states are not the real deal before, but I'd hope for that price they are!
    Well The primary difference is the obvious, amateur gloves primarilky have velcro or straps, the pro gloves nearly always have the traditional lace. (Whiche needs to be ciovered whilst sparring.)

After that, the pro gloves may be of a slightly higher quality, may be 100% leather in comparison to the ama gloves which often implement a certain amount of synthetic material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh sorry not the difference between the pro and amateur gloves..... I have read before that the gloves you can buy at say ringside or other places in the US/UK arent the same quality as getting them directly from mexico, etc.? Not sure where they get this info.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to be honest hydro man, I've never bought directly from anywhere! Well not gloves anyway, I've always got them from a store!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha yeah same here (and usually when they're on sale)!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why, but I think I'm going to experiment and get a pair of Cleto Reyes myself, from SugarRay's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I don't know why, but I think I'm going to experiment and get a pair of Cleto Reyes myself, from SugarRay's.
    Hey bro do you live by that store or do you order online, have you heard of a store called Geezers Palace BTW ??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Hey bro do you live by that store or do you order online, have you heard of a store called Geezers Palace BTW ??
    No there's no sugar rays at all over here, i'llbe ordering online....Yeah i've heard of geezers palace, do you find them good lefty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No there's no sugar rays at all over here, i'llbe ordering online....Yeah i've heard of geezers palace, do you find them good lefty?
    Yes there good apparently, My Uncles brother owns a boxing gym and they order a lot of stuff from there, I also heard that they designed David Haye's trunks he wore against Mormeck.

I went for a couple of years ago a while back to the gym but for various reasons I have'nt been in the past year and one of which is I'm really dedicated to my Tennis which is why I'm always in shape etc but I would mind getting back in doing boxing as I always used to enjoy the sparring sessions etc but for some reason I hav'nt been for a while but someday I'll go back. There's a couple of great clubs in Liverpool especially the Rotunda gym where the Smith brothers train (Paul, Stephen, Callum and Liam) and "The Solly" where Derry Matthews went. I also noticed in teh back of the Boxing News mag a couple a weeks ago Rotunda got the best amateur club in UK and it does'nt surprise me as one of my closest mates train there and says it's cool.

How often do you train a week bro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes there good apparently, My Uncles brother owns a boxing gym and they order a lot of stuff from there, I also heard that they designed David Haye's trunks he wore against Mormeck.

I went for a couple of years ago a while back to the gym but for various reasons I have'nt been in the past year and one of which is I'm really dedicated to my Tennis which is why I'm always in shape etc but I would mind getting back in doing boxing as I always used to enjoy the sparring sessions etc but for some reason I hav'nt been for a while but someday I'll go back. There's a couple of great clubs in Liverpool especially the Rotunda gym where the Smith brothers train (Paul, Stephen, Callum and Liam) and "The Solly" where Derry Matthews went. I also noticed in teh back of the Boxing News mag a couple a weeks ago Rotunda got the best amateur club in UK and it does'nt surprise me as one of my closest mates train there and says it's cool.

Thats some great info, thanks lefty.
    And yeah Geezers palace do some great short designs, they've got a greatbreplica of hatton's trunks for sale.

Me, I train 5 days usually. Roadwork in the morning and boxing in the evening. Then Sunday I swim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats some great info, thanks lefty.
    And yeah Geezers palace do some great short designs, they've got a greatbreplica of hatton's trunks for sale.

Me, I train 5 days usually. Roadwork in the morning and boxing in the evening. Then Sunday I swim.
    Have many amater bous have you had bro and whats your record man??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have 20 am bouts in boxing, 18-1-1
    2 fights in kick boxing 2-0
    1 fight in Muay Thai 1-0

Thread Information