Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default cleto reyes gloves

i've been looking to buy a pair of the famous reyes gloves and how found a guy who sell them direct from mexico.................... how good are they for training, life span, comfort, i looking to get the 14oz lace and hook and loop or velcro as there known in the uk

is it worth me handing over my hard earned cash for them or are they a waste off money unless there worn for fighting, do they make good training gloves??

thank you for your input

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: cleto reyes gloves

Do NOT,I reitirate,NOT train in Reyes
    The things should be illegal in the first place,but what makes them famous is for hitting an opponent hard enough to hurt them,even if you dont have alot of power.
    You'll destroy your hands training in the things

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of my lads trained using them, because they could afford to they are not cheap but are quality you pay for what you get. Ive known them last 2 years being used every day using the bag as well and kept there shape.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Most of my lads trained using them, because they could afford to they are not cheap but are quality you pay for what you get. Ive known them last 2 years being used every day using the bag as well and kept there shape.
    so you say there value for money as well as really good to train in for heavy bag, pad work and sparring yeah, you can get a solid 2 years use out of them......................... they would cost me £80 shipped over from the usa from a guy who gets them direct from mexico, they say the ones from mexico are diff to the one made availible in the usa and europe

mr scrap you give them a thumps up yeah, there top notch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a good brand. They're comfortable and much more durable than Everlasts. As for hand protection I've been using a pair in my heavy bag workouts on a daily basis and haven't had any trouble with my hands. This is using the 10 oz gloves, while also training on a large heavy bag that's softer than the typical concrete variety. It allows you to make a better fist without fighting the foam claw which is a problem with most glove designs these days.

I don't know the difference between the made-in-mexico gloves versus usa/uk gloves. Bu the way, this wouldn't happen to be a seller on Ebay would it?
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im in my late 30s my knuckles are destroyed,yet I can work the heavy bag bare handed
    I wouldnt use Reyes in training
    Its your hands,but take a hint,arthritis sucks

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When your hands are wrapped well and you have Reyes gloves on, you FEEL like hitting somebody.

On the subject, does anybody else have problems with the more recent "attached thumb" training gloves? Over the last 3 years or so I haven't been able to find a pair of gloves that allows me to make an actual fist and that doesn't cause me pain I'd never had before. Its to the point where I'll hit the bag bare-handed or with a pair of the $12 Everlast bag gloves.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They usually sell for £ 120 over here. One of the lads wears nothing else, He holds the record for the fastest KO in a championship fight 16 seconds including the count. Hes never had hand trouble, hes 38 now.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    They usually sell for £ 120 over here. One of the lads wears nothing else, He holds the record for the fastest KO in a championship fight 16 seconds including the count. Hes never had hand trouble, hes 38 now.
    Again,your knuckle,your dice to roll
    They use a variation of Beta tape packing foam,under slow contact they mush just like anything else,under fast contact,they become a brick
    They hit like a wall,but the downside is,they hit like a wall

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now youve hit on something there Joe.I think the thing is not many people use the bar on the glove if thats done not a problem. People try and get the fingers all the way down instead of wrapping them round the bar thats what its there for. Bandaging is a great point and theres not many get that right, putting too much on the palm then are unable to make a proper fist

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is something that often gets over done. Wrapping around and around the palm and knuckles keeps you from making a fist and hurts you more. I like to focus on the wrist, the thumb, and get a couple good wraps around the back of the hand. There's plenty of padding in the glove to protect the knuckle.
    And, really, don't most injuries occur in the back of the hand? Other than sprung knuckles, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    That is something that often gets over done. Wrapping around and around the palm and knuckles keeps you from making a fist and hurts you more. I like to focus on the wrist, the thumb, and get a couple good wraps around the back of the hand. There's plenty of padding in the glove to protect the knuckle.
    And, really, don't most injuries occur in the back of the hand? Other than sprung knuckles, of course.
    Reyes are satanic in training for two reasons
    Lack of give,sprung knuckle as you say
    No matter how much you have invested in the high end guy,you also should have time invested in the low end guy too right?
    Well what if you just got his jaw shattered?
    Things should be banned just to save people from themselves,the modern equivalent of lead shot mixed in to your glove padding

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my gym the good guy dont hit the novice we dont do Bullies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that a lot of hand injuries lay in the glove's inability to allow a fighter to a good proper fist. Shouldn't that aspect be just as important if not more so than amount of padding over the knuckles?

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    I mentioned in another post recently regarding the gloves. I wear the long and stretchy mexican style handwraps, along with tape. The tape is just to reinforce my wrist, and to allow the wraps to overlap back and forth over my knuckles without going around my palm. This ensures that I can make a good tight fist which is crucial in boxing. When my hands are wrapped it feels like a firm handshake and strong fist. Put on the Reyes and like Grey said I feel ready to punch something.

I don't think that padding is an issue here, I think with a 12-14 oz Reyes glove despite it's construction has enough padding over the knuckles. If a little more padding is needed one can also insert a preprepared roll of gauze, or a sponge over the knuckles within the hand wrap.

Now if you put on a typical Everlast boxing glove, and you'll find that your fingers are in a wrestling match against the foam claw, more over this makes it practically impossible to make a fist.

Making a good fist helps protect the delicate metacarpals in your hands (they aren't able to move around as much). A glove that hinders your ability to make a fist puts those bones at risk while also taking away from your punching potential.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know enough about these gloves to comment but if they're so famous and typically expensive how can you be sure that the cheapies are the real deal?

Did this guy offer you some kind of assurance / guarantee or something?

Cheap versions of famous handbags are everywhere and nobody cares but with something like sparring gloves maybe if they're going to be unsafe it's the cheap version that's likely to be the worst?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Thread Information