Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shadowboxing during the day

This question has been asked before, but at work, whenever I get a spare moment, will it still help to shadowbox for a minute or so, just to keep my muscles loose? Even though it's not really enough time to improve anything, will it still help?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shadowboxing during the day

Hi Clubber,
    You asked:
    ...will it still help to shadowbox for a minute or so...
    Yes, it can help if you utilize that minute intensely with a goal/objective in mind.

Think quality not quantity when it comes to time usage/management. It's not all about how much time you have; it's about how much you put into the time you have. If you are goal/objective-oriented and train/focus intensely, a minute can be substantial in maintaining/improving any skill in the relative scheme of things.

On a related tangent, below are two "laws" which can be very applicable to training. I do my best to adhere to these "laws," not only with my training, but in other areas of my life too (I'm not always successful, but I do my best ). I recommend heeding/using these "laws" if limited training time (heck, limited time in any capacity) is an issue in your life. I tell ya, with a wife, three kids, and a very demanding job, time management is a factor in mine...

Pareto's Law (aka 80/20 Law):
    Limit tasks to the important to shorten work time.

Translation for training purposes: Limit training (objectives/goals) to the important to shorten workout time.

Parkinson's Law:
    Shorten work time to limit tasks to the important.

Translation for training purposes: Shorten workout time to limit training (objectives/goals) to the important.

These are two synergistic approaches that are inversions of each other which can be effectively and efficiently used to improve productivity/skill/etc in anything you want.

Anyway, always do your best to use your time wisely and beneficially. Take care and good luck...

Best Regards,
    Lito

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shadowboxing during the day

Thanks Strict

Thread Information