Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default bute / joppy

NEWS FLASH
    Bute to face Joppy!
    By Gary "Digital" Williams
    Interbox is expected to announce at a press conference later today in Montreal that the upcoming first defense of IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (21-0, 17 KOs) will be against three-time former WBA middleweight champ William Joppy (39-4-1, 30 KOs). Read the rest at fightnews.com
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: bute / joppy

I am not sure what Joppy has left, but I hope Joppy wins even though he has not fought anyone of note in years to earn another shot.

I just cannot get into Bute at all. I don't even think it is his fault, but he appears to be a very protected fighter.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw
    I am not sure what Joppy has left, but I hope Joppy wins even though he has not fought anyone of note in years to earn another shot.

I just cannot get into Bute at all. I don't even think it is his fault, but he appears to be a very protected fighter.
    Protected fighter ?? i don't know how you work that one out, he fought Kabary Salem who is only the 2nd fighter to have dropped Joe Calzaghe and give him all he could handle. Plus Bute is the only fighter to have ever stopped Salem, He also fought Sakio Bika who was fresh off giving Calzaghe all he could handle. and just recently he won the IBF title off Berrio, Bute has beaten some solid opposition and he has only had 21 pro fights. I think he has developed well and he is one of the best Super Middleweights out there IMO.

El Kabong Guest

....is there any way that William Joppy can't become the all time leader of getting his ASS KICKED after this fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing

Protected fighter ?? i don't know how you work that one out, he fought Kabary Salem who is only the 2nd fighter to have dropped Joe Calzaghe and give him all he could handle. Plus Bute is the only fighter to have ever stopped Salem, He also fought Sakio Bika who was fresh off giving Calzaghe all he could handle. and just recently he won the IBF title off Berrio, Bute has beaten some solid opposition and he has only had 21 pro fights. I think he has developed well and he is one of the best Super Middleweights out there IMO.
    I see your point, he has fought some decent competition, but no championship caliber competition IMO. Bika is a tough fighter, but not Championship Caliber. Berrio was IBF champ, but he had big limitations also and basically a weak champ. Now he defends against Joppy, who I cannot find to be ranked by anyone anymore, including the IBF.

It just makes me feel like there is a trend starting with how he is being handled. I hope I am wrong but it just seems fishy to me.

Edit: I just found Joppy as being ranked 15th by the IBF at Lt. Heavyweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see your point, he has fought some decent competition, but no championship caliber competition IMO. Bika is a tough fighter, but not Championship Caliber. Berrio was IBF champ, but he had big limitations also and basically a weak champ. Now he defends against Joppy, who I cannot find to be ranked by anyone anymore, including the IBF.

It just makes me feel like there is a trend starting with how he is being handled. I hope I am wrong but it just seems fishy to me.

I think u need to get off Bute's case a little. He has fought some top competition for a guy with only 21 fights. Not many ppl with as few fights have ffought the same calibre if opponent as him. Joppy is probably a tune up before he fights another top contender. He cant fight the Calzaghe or Kessler every fight.....

ICB Guest

Bute has fought some solid contenders who have been in there with World Champions. Bute has only had 21 pro fights, i think he has progressed just right. When he beats Joppy i would like to see him in with someone like Andrade, Inkin, Froch, etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like another night in survival mode for Joppy. Poor high cheekboned bastard. I'll tell you what though, he's bout the best at survival mode I've ever seen For what thats worth.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    NEWS FLASH
    Bute to face Joppy!
    Interbox is expected to announce at a press conference later today in Montreal that the upcoming first defense of IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (21-0, 17 KOs) will be against three-time former WBA middleweight champ William Joppy (39-4-1, 30 KOs). Read the rest at fightnews.com
    Mar for the info.

I'd like to say that this would be a great test for Bute...but after watching Joppy run from Taylor for 12 rounds...I don't expect much...& Joppy was athe shit back in his day.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    NEWS FLASH
    Bute to face Joppy!
    Mar for the info.

I'd like to say that this would be a great test for Bute...but after watching Joppy run from Taylor for 12 rounds...I don't expect much...& Joppy was athe shit back in his day.
    Till he decided to drop his hands against Tito.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a joke Joppy is washed up he is 37 and i bet he is'nt even rated in the top 50 nevermind top 10

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy fight for Bute here, Joppy to far past his best to cause any problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see a stoppage!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joppy will probably do just enough to lose or get stopped late.

Never the same since Trinidad beat him, and even worse when Hopkins gave him elephant man syndrome.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Joppy will probably do just enough to lose or get stopped late.

Never the same since Trinidad beat him, and even worse when Hopkins gave him elephant man syndrome.
    CC good post, I was surprised to see that he had only four losses considering he took such brutal ass whoppings vs Trinidad, Hopkins, and Taylor. It seems like he has 9 losses, he must have connections

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is messed up. I mean I don't have a huge problem with him taking a keep busy fight but they couldn't find anybody better than Joppy? This is going to be brutal.

Thread Information