Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I need help with Nutrition PLEASE HELP

Okay I'm fit, don't somke, drink, do drugs etc but the one thing I find tough when getting back in shape is nutrition. ATM I'm not in shape but by no means fat etc it's just I haven't played sports for a few weeks and tonight I'm starting to get back in shape by going the gym but I was wondering when it comes to nutrition, this year I want a 6 pack and I know what I have to do crunches, situps etc but how do I go about changing my diet and if ICB as you say "It comes from the kitchen", if you could help me out man I would greatly appreciate that or any others who know about the right foods to have and the ones to cut out when wanting a six pack and meals that are useful in achieving my goal, I have a fitness plan but not diet and i know if I want to achieve my goal I need to know what foods to eat.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

ICB Guest

Default Re: I need help with Nutrition PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Okay I'm fit, don't somke, drink, do drugs etc but the one thing I find tough when getting back in shape is nutrition. ATM I'm not in shape but by no means fat etc it's just I haven't played sports for a few weeks and tonight I'm starting to get back in shape by going the gym but I was wondering when it comes to nutrition, this year I want a 6 pack and I know what I have to do crunches, situps etc but how do I go about changing my diet and if ICB as you say "It comes from the kitchen", if you could help me out man I would greatly appreciate that or any others who know about the right foods to have and the ones to cut out when wanting a six pack and meals that are useful in achieving my goal, I have a fitness plan but not diet and i know if I want to achieve my goal I need to know what foods to eat.

Yep thats right Lefty Six Pack abs are made in the Kitchen not in the gym. Basically to get a Six Pack you need low body fat somewhere round about 8 or 9 Body fat. Make sure you do at least Cardio 30 minutes a day. And also make sure your doing the right Crunches. Do Bicycle crunches they are 250 percent more effective than normal Crunches look it up on google and it will show you how to do them. Make sure your also doing the side of your abs, and the lower part of abs.

A low-fat diet is the second most important factor in achieving Six Pack Abs Lefty. Stick to an eating plan that is high in protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and reduce your consumption of fatty and processed foods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee

Yep thats right Lefty Six Pack abs are made in the Kitchen not in the gym. Basically to get a Six Pack you need low body fat somewhere round about 8 or 9 Body fat. Make sure you do at least Cardio 30 minutes a day. And also make sure your doing the right Crunches. Do Bicycle crunches they are 250 percent more effective than normal Crunches look it up on google and it will show you how to do them. Make sure your also doing the side of your abs, and the lower part of abs.

A low-fat diet is the second most important factor in achieving Six Pack Abs Lefty. Stick to an eating plan that is high in protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and reduce your consumption of fatty and processed foods.
    Thanks ICE 1656 appreciate it bro.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Lefty, In regards to nutrition it's relatively simple to aim for a six pack, however over a prolonged period that single minded view may prove detrimental when it comes to your over all benefit from your diet.

I cut down to get a six pack and felt really tired, low energy and less muscular than ever.
    Changed my diet and Now I'm way more muscular and a whole load stronger and more energetic than I was, so be careful when approaching this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I really have to focus on weight loss, I take it down to numbers. What I've done is I took the time to calculate my basal metabolic rate. I used one of the many on line BMR calculators to determine this. Here's a link for one of them: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ but all you need to do is type basal metabolic rate in the search bar and you'll find plenty.
    The next thing that I do is go over my training regimen and try to break down the caloric consumption of each activity and also all the the stuff that I do when I'm not training. Again, you can go on line to find tools to help you with this. Bodybuilding.com actually has a pretty good calories burned tool at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calo...l=0&order=NAME
    This can get a little time consuming but once you've calculated up how many calories you burn with all the different activities you do during the day, add it to your BMR. This will give you an idea of how many calories you burn. Once you have this information, you are better set to put together a meal plan for yourself. If you are not sure about food quantity or how many calories are in certain foods, I recommend CalorieKing as a calorie counting tool http://www.calorieking.com/foods/
    Just follow the food pyramid to make sure you balance your food groups and nutrients properly and allow yourself just a little bit more protein since you are training and will probably need a little more than someone who is not active.
    Remember that it's better to eat several small meals a day than 3 big ones.
    Hope this helps and good luck. Also listen to Hitmandonny. If you burn off too much of your weight or do it too fast, you'll feel weak and crappy. Then there really won't be much point to having a 6-pack if you're too worn out to do anything with 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: I need help with Nutrition PLEASE HELP

Hitmandonny and Feuerfrei I give you guys Rep, thanks for helping me out and my food programme is underway and the biggest thing I liked previousley was Pepsi and well I don't miss it one bit and it''s all going great and combined with the excercise am on course to get a six pack.

Thnaks again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd return the rep If I could lefty, I'll hit ya with some later.
    You should do great this season.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres a book on the market by Patrick Holford The Optimum Nutrition Bible everything you need to know. Ive got one and find it very usefull.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap, I've just got a book by Anita Bean called 'The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition'. Do you know if it's any good or not? Thanks.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cfc View Post
    Scrap, I've just got a book by Anita Bean called 'The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition'. Do you know if it's any good or not? Thanks.
    I've got that book. Used it for my Sports Nutrition qualification. It's excellent. As is the Optimum Nutrition book recommended by Scrap.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information