Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

Which brings me to the following:

Watching Miranda knock out Banks last Friday, one has to wonder, if.... Miranda would ever like to try and redeem himself in a rematch against Pavlik. Miranda looked big against Banks and this just shows us how big both Miranda and Kelly are.

All speculations here because we have not seen what Pavlik or Jermain can do at this weight class. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I have to wonder because a rematch (Pavlik/Miranda) of this magnitude, is mouth watering to say the least.

This whole thing has to dove tail on what Wacko was saying about how great this 168 weight class is going to be this year. He might be onto something for shizz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

And Wacko is 100% right...the 168lb division is red hot...maybe the best it ever has been as far as talent deep is concerned..it has always been the dead division with 1 or 2 stars in it....

Plenty of money to be made and plenty of big fights at 168...Pavlik should stay if he feels comfortable there
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

Pavlik, like all fighters, is going to go where the money is. If 168 presents more chances for big fights than 160, then we could see him at 168 sooner rather than later.

That being said, I don't really care that much about a Pavlik-Miranda rematch. Pavlik kicked his ass the first time, and would do so again in a rematch. Miranda is a big puncher who can't do much else.

A fighter like Kessler would smoke Miranda. If Pavlik moves to 168, I want to see him fighting guys like Kessler instead of Miranda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Pavlik, like all fighters, is going to go where the money is. If 168 presents more chances for big fights than 160, then we could see him at 168 sooner rather than later.

That being said, I don't really care that much about a Pavlik-Miranda rematch. Pavlik kicked his ass the first time, and would do so again in a rematch. Miranda is a big puncher who can't do much else.

A fighter like Kessler would smoke Miranda. If Pavlik moves to 168, I want to see him fighting guys like Kessler instead of Miranda.
    I mostly agree, but will also say I will not write off Miranda against any fighter because he is tough as nails and he will land the right hand on them. On paper Kessler mops the floor with him, in reality though, it could go much differently.

Miranda is a wild card kinda fighter who could upset anyone on a given night. Expect to see many fighters out there avoid him just because.

It also would not surprise me to hear Pascal got "injured" in training for their fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pavlik jumps to 168 it will be the best division in boxing (Better than 147), Miranda, Taylor, and maybe even Trinidad will all be at 168 along with the guns they already have there, then you add in the young talent on the way up (Greene, Pascal) and the division in loaded

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd_Fears_Cotto
    If Pavlik feels comfortable at 168? Will he or should he stay at 168?

Which brings me to the following:

Watching Miranda knock out Banks last Friday, one has to wonder, if.... Miranda would ever like to try and redeem himself in a rematch against Pavlik. Miranda looked big against Banks and this just shows us how big both Miranda and Kelly are.

All speculations here because we have not seen what Pavlik or Jermain can do at this weight class. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I have to wonder because a rematch (Pavlik/Miranda) of this magnitude, is mouth watering to say the least.

This whole thing has to dove tail on what Wacko was saying about how great this 168 weight class is going to be this year. He might be onto something for shizz.
    Yes i think he should there isn't much for him at Middleweight, Sturm won't fight in the USA and neither will Abraham, Duddy isn't really a good match up, and Andy Lee is far too inexperienced. So moving to Super Middleweight would be a great choice, there is so many names for him there and can you imagine how good of a fight Kessler vs Pavlik would be ?? wow is all i can say.

That being said, I don't really care that much about a Pavlik-Miranda rematch. Pavlik kicked his a** the first time, and would do so again in a rematch. Miranda is a big puncher who can't do much else.

I agree about Miranda vs Pavlik 2 that is a bit of a waste of time at the moment, Miranda was very ineffective on the back foot and it would be a repeat of the 1st fight. Maybe if Miranda can beat a few of the top Super Middleweights then i wouldn't mind seeing it but at the moment im not interested in a rematch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw

That being said, I don't really care that much about a Pavlik-Miranda rematch. Pavlik kicked his a** the first time, and would do so again in a rematch. Miranda is a big puncher who can't do much else.

I mostly agree, but will also say I will not write off Miranda against any fighter because he is tough as nails and he will land the right hand on them. On paper Kessler mops the floor with him, in reality though, it could go much differently.

Miranda is a wild card kinda fighter who could upset anyone on a given night. Expect to see many fighters out there avoid him just because.

It also would not surprise me to hear Pascal got "injured" in training for their fight.

I don't think it would Kessler has a great jab and good technical skills, Miranda can punch but he isn't a good boxer and he loops his punches plus he has a terrible defense. I could actually see it going similar to Andrade vs Kessler.

El Kabong Guest

Yes, there is basically nothing for him to do at 160 if Arbaham keeps hiding in Germany.....168 is deep and there are plenty of guys for him to fight one imparticular JOE CALZAGHE would make for a MEGAFIGHT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt Pavlik will stay at 160lbs for awhile no matter how he feels. He has a HUGE fight with Duddy coming up and than might lure Abraham over here. He can dominate the middleweight and make some good money there for another 1-2 years before he moves up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. Make big money against Duddy, and maybe Abraham. Then move up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I certainly want to see him fight Abraham then move up win a title and take on Kessler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I don't think Duddy or Abraham are big money fights for him, especially for what he'll be getting in Taylor 2. Abraham is unknown over here and Duddy is not really considered PPV material.

I don't think Money motivates Pavlik yet, which is a good thing. He is in it for the fighting and glory so far. He is the type that wants to be the best. He will fight Duddy if he gets past Taylor again as that was already in the making, but look for him to target other big names in 2008 and 2009. His Championship Level career will be short due to his give and take style, so look for him to try to make a big splash quickly against other big names. I bet a rematch with Miranda will happen if Miranda can grab a 168 lb belt.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    I certainly want to see him fight Abraham then move up win a title and take on Kessler!
    Abraham won't come to the USA.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I don't think Duddy or Abraham are big money fights for him, especially for what he'll be getting in Taylor 2. Abraham is unknown over here and Duddy is not really considered PPV material.

I don't think Money motivates Pavlik yet, which is a good thing. He is in it for the fighting and glory so far. He is the type that wants to be the best. He will fight Duddy if he gets past Taylor again as that was already in the making, but look for him to target other big names in 2008 and 2009. His Championship Level career will be short due to his give and take style, so look for him to try to make a big splash quickly against other big names. I bet a rematch with Miranda will happen if Miranda can grab a 168 lb belt.

Duddy is Irish though and those are the best fans in the world. This is a guy who is probably only barely in the top 10 at 160 and he's already fought half a dozen times at Madison Square Garden, and at least twice as the main event.

Irish fans are crazy for him and it would be an absolute sell out for sure. Don't know about PPV sales, it would probably just be on regular HBO but it wouldn't matter as Pavlik would make a bundle just from ticket sales alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what aboutthis lucen bute guy? he looks like he could make some noise--how about bute-kessler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he should fight abraham after he beats taylor then move up

Thread Information