Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Open Letter to Oscar de la Hoya.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Open Letter to Oscar de la Hoya.

Hey Golden Boy:

Quit looking around at fighters outside your weight. Hatton got KO'd by Mayweather, so you're probably not interested in him anymore anyway. You know..... image. (wink-wink) As for Jones, yeah... he could probably starve himself to 156 (and into a hospital), but seriously. I mean, I know he just beat Tito.... and what better way to "one-up" Tito than by beating the man who beat the man, right? But face it dude... it ain't gonna happen. Besides, you don't wanna risk Jones tearing up that pretty face of yours, right?

And you could get Ivan Calderon to eat non-stop for a month and fight him at say.... 140 to 147 (Ivan would be a walking blimp, but so what?). But quit looking outside your weight.

No. The most logical fight for you is staring you right in the face. A second match with Tito himself. Hey, you're both about the same size. And your first fight was SO controversial. So what do you think? Take a chance, dude. You're both kind of "long in the tooth", so chances are you're not gonna make 147 again very easily. So, what about 160? I mean, you've both fought there, right? Yeah... 160 would be fairly easy to make, and you'd both be at a pretty good weight for your age.

So how about it, guy? I say put your public relations team on it right away. Hey... Tito can walk in first, if you want. Who gives a sh*t? We just want to see the fight. Personally, I'd buy a ringside seat. But don't wait too long. You two can still put on a pretty good show. Let me know.

Anxiously waiting,
    TitoFan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Open Letter to Oscar de la Hoya.

fair play mate....but from ODLH point of view he only fights if it makes the most money. Unfortunately i cant see Tito-ODLH getting anywhere near as much as Oscar-PBF did for example....and RJJ just beat up on Tito so hes not as attractive for ODLH as he would be if he won. But fair play for sending your feelings to him, i dont really know what Oscar should do IMO he mite be better just retiring a great and leaving it there....he cant do much now which will change his legacy...unless of course he fought Floyd agen and ko'd him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P.S.

I forgot. This is all assuming you get by the dangerous Steve Forbes, first.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    fair play mate....but from ODLH point of view he only fights if it makes the most money. Unfortunately i cant see Tito-ODLH getting anywhere near as much as Oscar-PBF did for example....and RJJ just beat up on Tito so hes not as attractive for ODLH as he would be if he won. But fair play for sending your feelings to him, i dont really know what Oscar should do IMO he mite be better just retiring a great and leaving it there....he cant do much now which will change his legacy...unless of course he fought Floyd agen and ko'd him.
    Well, Tito and Oscar have BOTH lost to some ATG's. So I don't see where a loss to RJJ makes Tito any less attractive to Oscar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouildn't mind seeing them fight actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That fight needed to happend 6 or 7 years ago and as long as they are both fighting it will continue to be in demand. If Tito gets a big win somewhere along the line and if Oscar loses again to PBF as is expected. I would love for the last fight for both of them is the rematch every self respecting boxing fan is dieing to see. I don't see Tito making anything less than 160 so it would have to be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you forgetting that this is a tune up match to then face the pound for pound #1 fighter in the world People are bashing Oscar for finally stepping down in competition to warm up for a showdown with the best out there....this is amazing. He's not even making the fight ppv, he's making it free and people are bitching, it's hilarious. Why on earth would he take a risk when he and Floyd have another huge megafight in the works, it would be stupid to face a top tier guy. And i have a hunch that his last fight, the one that he has spoken about being in December will be against Tito, hopefully the judges don't screw him again, but judging from Tito's last couple of fights, it wont get to the eighth round

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually respect that DLH will fight whoever he wants to pick now.. It's disgusting how some fans act like he has some obligation to please them, after he's fought any comers his whole career. And he CLEARLY beat TRinidad. To Titofan, if you think that fight was SO contraversial, I hope you mean that because Oscar clearly should have won. And hey, Trinidad at this point in time wouldn't bring Oscar as big a payday as Mayweather would..... And Mayweather is a much bigger challenge for Oscar at this stage in his career. I can see some criticism for Floyd taking this fight(though hardly, because money talks) but how the hell can you fault Oscar for setting his sights on Floyd again... THat's the number 1 p4p fighter in the sport... DLH probably feels that he did just fine the first time and with some adjustements could do better and even win. Why the hell would he rather face Trinidad, who just got his ass whipped, is the question. You are being a total nuthugger, sorry to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sick and tired of Oscar. He keeps sticking his face in the 147 pound division and ruining the chances of more compelling fights (such as Cotto-Williams vs. Floyd) being made. Floyd-Oscar is going to be another snooze fest and at the end of the day, boxing fans will get screwed while Oscar will get richer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I actually respect that DLH will fight whoever he wants to pick now.. It's disgusting how some fans act like he has some obligation to please them, after he's fought any comers his whole career. And he CLEARLY beat TRinidad. To Titofan, if you think that fight was SO contraversial, I hope you mean that because Oscar clearly should have won. And hey, Trinidad at this point in time wouldn't bring Oscar as big a payday as Mayweather would..... And Mayweather is a much bigger challenge for Oscar at this stage in his career. I can see some criticism for Floyd taking this fight(though hardly, because money talks) but how the hell can you fault Oscar for setting his sights on Floyd again... THat's the number 1 p4p fighter in the sport... DLH probably feels that he did just fine the first time and with some adjustements could do better and even win. Why the hell would he rather face Trinidad, who just got his a** whipped, is the question. You are being a total fan, sorry to say.
    I have loads of respect for Oscar and as long as this is just a tune up I don't really mind that much. But you are talking some serious S*** here.

First of, neither Floyd nor Oscar is taking a risk when they fight. It is a win win situation for both. They get in there they box a little and they get ritch. We all know Floyd ain't hurting Oscar. We all know that the more rounds they spend in the ring together the more likely it is that Oscar catches Floyd and knockes him out. I would love to see how many rounds DLH would last in the ring with Roy Jones.

Seccond DLH - Trinidad was controversial and it was a very close fight neither of them CLEARLY won the fight. There was even a thread on it and not one single person posted a round by round score with Oscar winning and I will continue to reference this thread cuz I'm tiered of hearing how Oscar dominated Tito and I could not believe that not one person scored it that way...

Third, if you look up on every single thread openned up on fights that should've happend or fights that never got made, you will see Trinidad - DLH 2 EVERY TIME. EVERYONE wants to see them fight again. It is almost guaranteed to be a good fight because Oscar just can't move like he did back then and they'll have to do what we all wanted them to do 8 years ago and that is stand and fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I actually respect that DLH will fight whoever he wants to pick now.. It's disgusting how some fans act like he has some obligation to please them, after he's fought any comers his whole career. And he CLEARLY beat TRinidad. To Titofan, if you think that fight was SO contraversial, I hope you mean that because Oscar clearly should have won. And hey, Trinidad at this point in time wouldn't bring Oscar as big a payday as Mayweather would..... And Mayweather is a much bigger challenge for Oscar at this stage in his career. I can see some criticism for Floyd taking this fight(though hardly, because money talks) but how the hell can you fault Oscar for setting his sights on Floyd again... THat's the number 1 p4p fighter in the sport... DLH probably feels that he did just fine the first time and with some adjustements could do better and even win. Why the hell would he rather face Trinidad, who just got his a** whipped, is the question. You are being a total fan, sorry to say.
    Tell you what. If Tito and Oscar ever meet at 160, let's you and I wage our own personal little bet, ok?

Thread Information