Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bad Chad Dawson says he's kryptonite 2 Jones 's "SuperMan"! Priceless!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bad Chad Dawson says he's kryptonite 2 Jones 's "SuperMan"! Priceless!!!

Dawson Calls Superman's Bluff

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=23699

Roy Jones, Jr., fresh off his 12-round unanimous decision win over Felix Trinidad (who hasn’t won a fight since 2004) has made it known that he is looking for even smaller challenges (and challengers too!) Trinidad, who has never weighed over 160 pounds in his professional career weighed nearly 170 pounds when he faced Jones. Yesterday, Jones, in a release issued by his promoter, stated he is "...ready to take on all comers in the light heavyweight or super middleweight divisions and beyond."

"Let’s see, he named middleweights Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor, super middleweight Joe Calzaghe, light heavyweight Bernard Hopkins, who has been asking for a rematch for over 10 years, and junior middleweight Oscar De La Hoya. Funny how big old ’Superman’ doesn’t want to pick on someone his OWN size, like the reigning WBC light heavyweight champion ... ME," said undefeated world champion CHAD DAWSON , who celebrates the one-year anniversary of his WBC light heavyweight title reign on February 3. "Great Caesars Ghost! Could it be that I’m the Kryptonite ’Superman’ Jones fears more than anything else in this universe? Heck, as long as he’s pretending to be Superman, doesn’t he even want to pretend to want to fight me for his old belt back?"

Dawson’s promoter, Gary Shaw added: "Chad doesn’t have to send out misleading statements that he’s faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive or can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Chad is just stating fact. Until Roy steps up to fight for the world light heavyweight title, the only thing he has in common with Superman is being a cartoon."

That muh-fwocker used the ole' "Great Caesars Ghost" line on Jones...I love him more already now!

That being said...anyone think that he can do it?
    Hell for that matter...does anyone think that he can get past Johnson?

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bad Chad Dawson says he's kryptonite 2 Jones 's "SuperMan"! Priceless!!!

i think chad needs to leave jones alone and worry about his fight. He has nothing to gain from fighting jones, unless he thinks he can cash in big on a jones fight. I don't want to see jones fighting chad, we all know jones ain't the same anymore. If jones fight i want him in against bigger draw then chad dawson, fighters like calzagne are who i would rather see jones fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bad Chad Dawson says he's kryptonite 2 Jones 's "SuperMan"! Priceless!!!

I like BCD's attitude and it's good spirit....

I say he guns for RJJ and hope it sticks. If he can get the showdow not only will he get the $$ but possibly some good publicity and one up his career.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Dawson Calls Superman's Bluff

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=23699

Roy Jones, Jr., fresh off his 12-round unanimous decision win over Felix Trinidad (who hasn’t won a fight since 2004) has made it known that he is looking for even smaller challenges (and challengers too!) Trinidad, who has never weighed over 160 pounds in his professional career weighed nearly 170 pounds when he faced Jones. Yesterday, Jones, in a release issued by his promoter, stated he is "...ready to take on all comers in the light heavyweight or super middleweight divisions and beyond."

"Let’s see, he named middleweights Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor, super middleweight Joe Calzaghe, light heavyweight Bernard Hopkins, who has been asking for a rematch for over 10 years, and junior middleweight Oscar De La Hoya. Funny how big old ’Superman’ doesn’t want to pick on someone his OWN size, like the reigning WBC light heavyweight champion ... ME," said undefeated world champion CHAD DAWSON , who celebrates the one-year anniversary of his WBC light heavyweight title reign on February 3. "Great Caesars Ghost! Could it be that I’m the Kryptonite ’Superman’ Jones fears more than anything else in this universe? Heck, as long as he’s pretending to be Superman, doesn’t he even want to pretend to want to fight me for his old belt back?"

Dawson’s promoter, Gary Shaw added: "Chad doesn’t have to send out misleading statements that he’s faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive or can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Chad is just stating fact. Until Roy steps up to fight for the world light heavyweight title, the only thing he has in common with Superman is being a cartoon."

That muh-fwocker used the ole' "Great Caesars Ghost" line on Jones...I love him more already now!

That being said...anyone think that he can do it?
    Hell for that matter...does anyone think that he can get past Johnson?

Nope. Gettin tired of people pretending Chad Dawson is King Kong. He's actually startin to believe his own hype. Johnson will stop him or give him a beating. Nice kid, but not as great as folks are makin out.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information