Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

"Those guys became very good friends afterwards, but their fights sold better because of the black-white thing. This is not anything new."

There you go.He cites that one of his best friends,a former MW is white. He talks about Cooney v Holmes and other fights based on racial lines and says they sold big because of that,and that's why he said it. Regardless of why,I think it was a crude act from a 43 year old man,who appears to have no self respect left,making himself look foolish in and out of the ring v Winky and here too. Oh my,I really want JC to beat his ass.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    "Those guys became very good friends afterwards, but their fights sold better because of the black-white thing. This is not anything new."

There you go.He cites that one of his best friends,a former MW is white. He talks about Cooney v Holmes and other fights based on racial lines and says they sold big because of that,and that's why he said it. Regardless of why,I think it was a crude act from a 43 year old man,who appears to have no self respect left,making himself look foolish in and out of the ring v Winky and here too. Oh my,I really want JC to beat his ass.
    all the racist's say that.

Where's the link mate?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

......wish there was an NAAWP to help us white folk out....we get hated on by everyone and yet no one stands up for us.....well let me correct that, no one in their right mind stands up for us.......and the others don't stand up in a reasonable rational way they go around in lynch mobs and just exacerbate things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The article is over at boxing scene,check it out brothers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Load of bollocks. He never knew he was being recorded when he said it.

Is he gonna repeat the "I would never lose to a white boy" thing at all the pre-fight press conferences then, seeing as it 'sells fights'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't think this is that serious. All this is doing is sparking some racial tension up in a fight, and when this happen it will make white and black people want to see the fight even more. If Joe said i will neva loose to a black guy, yes it would cause more of an uproar, but black people that don't even watch boxing would be interesting in seeing the fight just to see bernard kick Joe's ass. Boxing is a very racial sport, people want to see their own race dominate when their fighting another race, that's why that bum Miguel Cotto is so popular cause the majority of his fans are puerto ricans that are blind and realize it's just a matter of time this guy get knocked the fu!k out. Sorry i got a little off topic. Viva Puerto Rico. Nothing personal my rican brothers and sisters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    I really don't think this is that serious. All this is doing is sparking some racial tension up in a fight, and when this happen it will make white and black people want to see the fight even more. If Joe said i will neva loose to a black guy, yes it would cause more of an uproar, but black people that don't even watch boxing would be interesting in seeing the fight just to see bernard kick Joe's ass. Boxing is a very racial sport, people want to see their own race dominate when their fighting another race, that's why that bum Miguel Cotto is so popular cause the majority of his fans are puerto ricans that are blind and realize it's just a matter of time this guy get knocked the fu!k out. Sorry i got a little off topic. Viva Puerto Rico. Nothing personal my rican brothers and sisters.
    What a dumb thing to say. You must be a right dickhead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and you must be puerto, it's true so you go to hell! Name calling is so not called for so i'm not gon even stoop to your level you piece of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and you must be puerto, it's true so you go to hell! Name calling is so not called for so i'm not gon even stoop to your level you piece of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

best laugh I had all day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He probably was only trying to sale the fight but he still shouldn't have said it. if race is the only way hopkins can promote a fight than he's career as a promoter isn't going to last long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see how it could offend some, but the main person who should or could have any major problem with it is joe....and what better chance to make him pay than to beat b-hops ass in the ring. Legal and all. Outside of that it's just hype like before any big fight they want the public to buy into, and it worked pretty good since we're all still talking about it.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=El Gamo ]
    and you must be puerto, it's true so you go to hell! Name calling is so not called for so i'm not gon even stoop to your level you piece of S***.

LMAO. Kind of inserted foot into mouth on that one, heh?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm white and I couldn't care less wtf Bernard Hopkins says about "white boys."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is a classless douchebag who will get phucked up by Calzaghe anyway...

Thread Information