Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who here gives Jermain Taylor props for jumping right back into the Rematch?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default who here gives Jermain Taylor props for jumping right back into the Rematch?

who here gives Jermain Taylor props for jumping right back into the Rematch with Kelly Pavlik?

I sure do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who here gives Jermain Taylor props for jumping right back into the Rematch?

i mean most fighters after a big loss epsecially a big KO loss tend to take a easy asss fight or even two or 3 easy asss fights to gain their composure, confidence and even stock back before jumpin in with the man who made them sleep, but taylor is jumping right back in!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who here gives Jermain Taylor props for jumping right back into the Rematch?

Taylor should definately be commended for getting in the ring with Pavlik again, I wonder if he would've been so eager had he not almost stopped Pavlik in the 2nd round though. He definately gets respect from me for taking the immediate rematch. That being said, I hope Pavlik knocks his ass out again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not like he was badly beaten throughout the first fight, I had him leading at the time of the stoppage.
    I'm sure he feels that he can win a rematch and make a statement in doing so. It could set up a rubber match? Taylor has copped a fair bit of flak during his career, but he shouldn't for taking this fight so soon after his first loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though Taylors few fights before Pavlik were less than exciting, he still never shyed away from fighting the better competition.. I do think that the 2nd round knockdown has something to do with it... He knows that he can beat Pavlik, and I think that the fact that he knows that, it's hard not to take the rematch of the only guy who beat you..

But, there is the whole pride thing that is part of it also.. I mean, his team put the rematch clause in the contract.. he would really look like he was scared if he did not enforce the clause, which i can understand.. So i think it's a mixture of both.. Either way, anyone who gets in the ring with Pavlik, I give props too, especially if you've been KO'd by him previously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    Taylor should definately be commended for getting in the ring with Pavlik again, I wonder if he would've been so eager had he not almost stopped Pavlik in the 2nd round though. He definately gets respect from me for taking the immediate rematch. That being said, I hope Pavlik knocks his a** out again.
    cool click buddy!

yeah im not rooting for taylor or anything, i just give him his dues for not taking on 1 or 2 BS snoozer warm up fights in between like most other fighters usually do. i do want to see a stoppage PERIOD. if it goes the distance id be rather disapointed. nobody wants to see this fight go all 12 and into the cards.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right then... Here goes.

Taylors damaged goods, I really feel he wont be world class again.
    IMO fighting Pavlik back to back is suicidal, I mean credit to him for doing so but I think Taylor should have tooken some time to gather himself and ask himself if persuing boxing is something he REALLY wanted to persue futhermore.

I mean all that plays in mind is his voice saying he wanted to retire already since he had done it all and there was no one else for him to fight. When there was clearly loads of potential matchups but he felt his greatness had already been established.

I can't see the fight going past the 5th round, Pavlik now knows that all he needs is to land the right and JT's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    It's not like he was badly beaten throughout the first fight, I had him leading at the time of the stoppage.
    I'm sure he feels that he can win a rematch and make a statement in doing so. It could set up a rubber match? Taylor has copped a fair bit of flak during his career, but he shouldn't for taking this fight so soon after his first loss.
    Cool Click buddy! thats true. if the rematch is a great as the first fight id def be all for the rubber!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33
    Even though Taylors few fights before Pavlik were less than exciting, he still never shyed away from fighting the better competition.. I do think that the 2nd round knockdown has something to do with it... He knows that he can beat Pavlik, and I think that the fact that he knows that, it's hard not to take the rematch of the only guy who beat you..

But, there is the whole pride thing that is part of it also.. I mean, his team put the rematch clause in the contract.. he would really look like he was scared if he did not enforce the clause, which i can understand.. So i think it's a mixture of both.. Either way, anyone who gets in the ring with Pavlik, I give props too, especially if you've been KO'd by him previously.
    cool click! yeah i wonder if he'll be gun shy in the rematch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but part of me thinks Jermain took the immediate rematch because he doesn't really want to fight anymore, and the Pavlik rematch was the best way to ensure another big payday, in case he wants to retire.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Jermaine a lot of credit. People can knock him all they want, but at least he's stepping up and making big fights. His last 6 fights have been B Hop TWICE, Cory Spinks (smaller but still a very slick boxer, someone you really dont wanna fight), Ouma, Winky and Pavlik. You can't knock the guy's compedition
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Maybe I'm just a cynic, but part of me thinks Jermain took the immediate rematch because he doesn't really want to fight anymore, and the Pavlik rematch was the best way to ensure another big payday, in case he wants to retire.
    sweetpea cool click! that makes perfect sense to me, i actually dont blame him if that is his intentions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker
    I give Jermaine a lot of credit. People can knock him all they want, but at least he's stepping up and making big fights. His last 6 fights have been B Hop TWICE, Cory Spinks (smaller but still a very slick boxer, someone you really dont wanna fight), Ouma, Winky and Pavlik. You can't knock the guy's compedition
    COOL CLICK buddy!

hate him or love him talyors got one of the best resumes PERIOD.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

people are forgetting how bad j.t can hurt pavlik too. Its natural for us to get all excited over pavliks accomplishment last year but j.t is not just any other fighter. people are so discreditting him, but imo j.t is still a p4p caliber champion. I think he'll take the second fight and it'll result into a historical trilogy. While everybody wants to jump off j.t Im one of the few that can see him hurting pavlik again but this time finishing him off before pavlik can hurt him and finish him off.

J.T via ko or tko.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Right then... Here goes.

Taylors damaged goods, I really feel he wont be world class again.
    IMO fighting Pavlik back to back is suicidal, I mean credit to him for doing so but I think Taylor should have tooken some time to gather himself and ask himself if persuing boxing is something he REALLY wanted to persue futhermore.

I mean all that plays in mind is his voice saying he wanted to retire already since he had done it all and there was no one else for him to fight. When there was clearly loads of potential matchups but he felt his greatness had already been established.

I can't see the fight going past the 5th round, Pavlik now knows that all he needs is to land the right and JT's done.
    I second that notion, Pavlik just needs to remain focused and do what he does best and Taylor will fold again.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information