Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What about Tommy Hearns vs P.Williams

Wow two taller fighters with a long reach and good skills , but im bet Hearns because he was more hard punches.......

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What about Tommy Hearns vs P.Williams

Tommy Hearns was a natural born fighter, a 6'2" welter who (unbelievably) rried his one punch kayo power all the way to cruiserweight.

He could box with the very best of them - to the point of outboxing the great Ray leonard for 13 rounds, he hadabsolute one-punch kayo pwer, to the extent that he knocked cold sme of the most iron chinned competitiors in boxing history.

He never ducked a fight, fought every good figher of two generations, had a fighters heart and won world titles at 6 different weight.

We overuse the word 'great' .... but Hearns was a great greatfighter by anybody's reckoning.

And we think that Paul Williams ho won one 'world' title out of six on offer and lost it in his frst defence should even be considered a potential dream match up for Tommy Hearns .... because he is tall? Must be, because he has nothing at all in common with Hearms.

Tommy could outfight, outhit, outbox, outbrawl and outgut Williams any time they even got close to a ring ....... and I'm not disrespecting The Punisher bythis post, but saying how much I rate the real Hitman.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns by KO. I've seen Williams shaken up by Mitchell and Quintana, Hearns would hurt him real bad.Usually power puncher>volume puncher. Definitely here imo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns royally fucks Williams up and that's not a reaction to William's performance against Quintana, he's gone down a bit in my eyes but I'd have gone for a Hearns beatdown before that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry to have to say this Macho, but this is probably the worst mismatch I have seen on this forum. No disrespect to Williams as he is still in my eyes a top Welterweight right now but he is not on Hearns league. Check that, he is not on the league below Hearns league.

Ok lets give it a shot.

First, he would be giving up all of his physical advantages as he will be in the ring with a guy roughly the same size.

Second, the disparity in power between the two is frankly such that is dificult to measure by any means known to man....

Hearns will first give him a lesson on how to use your height, than he will give him a clinic on how to properly sit on your punches. Not that it will do any good cause Williams will probably have no recolection of the fight. Might not even have recolection of the entire week.
    Last edited by The Rookie Fan; 02-19-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no question that Hearns will be the everloving shit out of Williams. Williams really showed me in the Quitanna fight he is not what everyone thought he was. There was alot of moments in the fight he looked real amateurish. He didn't know what the hell to do! Hearns is an all time great that had a hell of a punch. The only comparison between these two is the height and reach but that is where the comparisons stop!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On reflection this question looks quite silly doesn't it?

I was one of the guys who was excited by what he saw up to and including the Margarito fight, but Quinatana really extended him and Williams wasn't enough to overcome.

El Kabong Guest

Seeing how easy it is to hit Paul Williams I predict Hearns could still beat him

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Tommy Hearns was a natural born fighter, a 6'2" welter who (unbelievably) rried his one punch kayo power all the way to cruiserweight.

He could box with the very best of them - to the point of outboxing the great Ray leonard for 13 rounds, he hadabsolute one-punch kayo pwer, to the extent that he knocked cold sme of the most iron chinned competitiors in boxing history.

He never ducked a fight, fought every good figher of two generations, had a fighters heart and won world titles at 6 different weight.

We overuse the word 'great' .... but Hearns was a great greatfighter by anybody's reckoning.

And we think that Paul Williams ho won one 'world' title out of six on offer and lost it in his frst defence should even be considered a potential dream match up for Tommy Hearns .... because he is tall? Must be, because he has nothing at all in common with Hearms.

Tommy could outfight, outhit, outbox, outbrawl and outgut Williams any time they even got close to a ring ....... and I'm not disrespecting The Punisher bythis post, but saying how much I rate the real Hitman.
    Tommy Hearns was 6'1 not 6'2 .
    and he would KO Williams inside 4 rounds no problem , its is a good fighter v a great fighter end of story.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Tommy Hearns was 6'1 not 6'2 .
    and he would KO Williams inside 4 rounds no problem , its is a good fighter v a great fighter end of story.
    All sources I've ever heard from listed Hearns as 6'2"
    Are you sure thats correct?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    All sources I've ever heard from listed Hearns as 6'2"
    Are you sure thats correct?
    Yes Donny Tommy is 6'1
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

ICB Guest

Williams is nothing like Hearns one bit except the height but thats about it. Williams relies on work rate and upper body movement, where as Hearns works behind his flicker jab and devastating right hand. Williams defense is also badly leaky and i don't think his power would bother Hearns either, Hearns by KO in 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definately Hearns... i dun think Paul will ever accomplish half of wut tht legend did. Also Hearns packed much more of a punch. Williams only has a lot of fights by KO bcuz he throws so many(close to 100 per rd) and its really just the accumilation of punches he delivers to his opponents tht gets him his Knock outs...

Thread Information