Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just rewatched Pacquaio-JMM 1

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    First of all I would like to say that people who feel JMM "figured" Pacquaio out are totally wrong. First Pacquaio knocks Marquez down three times in a brutal first round. Then Marquez was recovering in the second round. the next three or four rounds Marquez adjusts and Pacquaio can't land anything, nor can he get off because Marquez realizes Pacquaio is just trying to land huge punches. Then in the 7th or 8th Pacquaio starts boxing more and the fight is pretty even but Pacquaio has a slight edge until the end. Personally I have pacquaio winning by a round, but it could easily be a draw because one round he landed thebetter shots but JMM landed more punches.

That being the said the one thing that caused Pacqaio the most problems besides the fact JMM is a great boxer is that Marquez really used slick movement to avoid Pac's assault... It was some of the best footwork I've seen, and reminded me of Hopkins against Trinidad or Tarver, JMM was always on his balance point and he was always quick to retaliate, but now he is much more flat footed which means he will be far easier for Pac to hit, and he has slowed down much more than Pacquaio.
    manny is in good condition right now...marquez camp should prepare an ambulance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just rewatched Pacquaio-JMM 1

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    addicted to boxing, that should be enough fact for you. Ice is one of the most accurate and detail poster around even though his still a young pup like me. Ice knows a lot about boxing and what goes around boxing. His not a pac fan by the way, but he'll tell you the truth. That there is not any bias statement. That came from a nuetral guy cause his a fan of jmm more so then of pac.
    Let it be known JMM never avoided the rematch it was a case of him not being comfortable with the economics of the rematch.

Juan Manuel Marquez Media Interview - Boxing News

The champion should get the bigger share. the one with the belt should get more money. I know Pac is the draw, but the challenger does not face the opponents mandates that a Champion does. Boxers buy into this method and pay fees to the governing bodies for this structure or lose their belts. Come on what kind of idiot what have accepted $750,000 for a brutal rematch with Pac ? JMM asked for 1.5 million (in my opinion a fair asking price) Epecially with a new deal that will make him more than 3 times that total and perhaps more based on projected PPV totals.
    Sorry for digging but... wtf?? youd prefer $30K and lose a decision?

Thread Information